You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Trailer Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Trailer Spirit

 

I lived in a trailer with my dad after my parents divorced. One night, as I was making dinner, I heard a knock at the door and when I looked out, there was no one was there, it kept happening all night long. I just ignored it, I thought that maybe it was some sort of echoing since the trailers were so close together.

The next following months were ok, nothing really happened. After I graduated high school things started getting strange. While taking a shower, I could hear what sounded like stomping, and my dad was rarely there (always working, I guess). In the 2nd bathroom, there would always be a sulfurous smell, like rotten eggs or something, the back room (where I slept) would always have a chill. It was even cold in the summertime, I started sleeping in the living room and night after night a pair of headlights would always illuminate the room, there was never any headlights because as soon as it would happen, I always peeked out the window and it was always pitch dark.

Things never seemed to work right, the television would turn on and off, the heater would turn on in the summer, the shower would always turn on and off. Everything would end up in the weirdest places, the salt shaker would end up in the bathroom, can food would be on top of the fridge, there was always flies in the house, I mean just everything was always missing.

I reconciled with my mom and ended up going back to live with her. About a month later, my older brother separated from his wife (like father, like son), so he stayed with my dad and it was easy for them because they both worked together. I visited my dad and brother quite often and my brother started telling me things that were happening, of course I related and told him that even though it was spooky, nothing bad ever really happened.

Exactly 1 week later my brother moved out and didn't give any real explanation to my dad, he ended up telling me that he was there one night alone and his wife was going to come over and talk about the marriage. He said that someone kept calling on the home phone but nothing showed on the caller ID, there was whispering and static noises, he said that he could kind of hear a man and woman arguing, and that each time he could hear the woman say, "you don't even love me", he said that's what she would say over and over again, barely above a whisper.

As soon as his wife got there it stopped, he said that when she came in the trailer she felt like she couldn't breathe and that she felt this sense of sadness. He just ended up leaving because he said that it scared him. I think the phone ringing was what made him really leave.

My dad ended up moving in with his new girlfriend and one night we were all out. Myself, my brother, his wife, my dad's girlfriend. Well we started talking about the trailer and how creepy it was (mind you, we never told my dad about what we heard or saw) he told us that one night after we were all gone, he was asleep on his bed (which was directly on the floor) and he felt like someone was choking him, he woke up and just thought that maybe he was dreaming. He went back to sleep and he said that something was pulling at his arms and legs, pulling him into two different directions, he turned on a small lamp and said that he could see someone's reflection in the window, that it was a man with a baseball hat on, when he tried to get up it vanished. He said that maybe it was a dream but it didn't explain why his arms and legs were hurting.

My dad called me before he finalized the move out and had me come get some figurines that I had left in the back bathroom. I didn't know what he was talking about so I went over there and went to the back bathroom and before I could really make it there, I heard glass smashing, it was the figurines. They all were thrown to the ground, but the weird thing is those were not there when I packed up and no one knew where they came from. We also found a shoe box full of old pictures, and inside we found a few pictures of the man that my dad saw.

To this day we still have those pictures, it's like we can't seem to throw them out, the landlord said he didn't know who the previous owners were to that trailer, he bought it at an auction. I have some more incidents to share, so if you'd like to hear more than you can let me know, and I will email them to you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jennifertorres, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jennifertorres (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
Hi guys!
I've posted another story, not pertaining to the trailer but it's an interesting all the same, it's titled "My Hauntings", hope you all in enjoy!

❤ Jen
jennifertorres (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
Hi, sorry it's taking so long to post another story, I've been real busy with work and planning a wedding! Yes, as soon as I can get the time to get the pictures on here I will. Like I said before, I think that I attract "something". Don't know what it is, but I am ok with it... Nothing has ever tried to hurt me, so it's ok. I am in the process of getting my other story out there, so just hang in there!

❤ Jen
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-05)
Don't know if trailers are more haunted than regular houses. Most trailers that can be moved have a vehicle registration. Don't know if that would be any help in finding out about a prior owner. Maybe it also has to do with the land they are placed on. Land can be haunted as well as houses.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-05)
I also think that the person in the picture, has something to do with the hauntings. I lived in a trailer "Haunted trailer in Michigan" and for some reason, trailers seem to be haunted many times.

Since the landlord got the trailer in an auction, it may be hard to track it down. But trailers have serial numbers on them, usually underneath the trailer. Mne was underneath near where it connected to the water and electric.

Also the numbers are on the title of the trailer too. This way it may be able to be tracked down, to whom owned it before it was sold. Would depend on how many owners it had however, before sold in auction.
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
Great story, Jennifer! Please, post more. Post the pictures that you found in the trailer, also. I've never experienced being "personally" haunted. But, I do know that it happens. Keep us updated. You're a great story teller.
rosered66 (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
Hi Jennifer I have to say your story kept me wanting to read more. You also asked about other people being haunted. I can tell you that I am one of those people, since I was little things just seemed to always happen around me. Even still now that I have been married since the dinosaur days. When I go to the cemetery and leave flowers for my mom, my husband always asks me what ghost did I bring home with me. Also I hope you enjoy Houston, I lived there years ago.
xCharlotte_Jeremyx (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
Hey. This story is realli intrsting. I would like to hear the other stories too, if you wouldn't mind sharing them. My email is on my profile. Thanks
Chrlt
xx 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
Jennifer,
Welcome! Thank you for taking time to share your occurances with us! I would love to hear more of your stories! Always delighted to hear true encounters. Yours, I believe because you are on the money, you do not try to over exaggeratte or elaborate. I am certain you will agree, when you have a paranormal experience, it is frightenening enough without having to make it out to be more than really happened.

It is obvious that the man in the pictures had some type of tie to the trailer. I wonder if perhaps him and his wife had problems in their relationship there, that being why you brother had the calls and could hear the voices, he was going through relationship problems as well.

Look forward to hearing more!
God Bless!
ok (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
I agree to, I would love to read more. My dad believes a friend of his from childhood has been "with" him for years. I moved in with my dad when I was 13 and I must admit there have been some odd things over the years that would make you wonder if he wasn't right. Take care😁
jennifertorres (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
Hey, I will post some more on here! Thnks for reading, I am in the process of trying to find out who that guy was, let me tell you it's not easy! Houston is such a big city, with so many people! But I have a few more stories, but I wanted to ask anyone if they've felt like maybe themselves have been haunted, meaning where ever they go something happens?
irene (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
i agree, you should post them hear... After all we all love reading ghost stories!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
Hi Jennifer. Thatw3as a very interesting story. I think you should read FlutterOf Wings stories. She has a couple of stories similar to yours"trailers".I realy liked reading your story And I hope you will post some other soon hear. I don't think you should mail them because I am positive that there will be a lot of people here wanting to read them! I found it really interesting. Too bad that you can't find the previous owners. Thank you for sharring and I will be waiting for your next stories 😉.I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: