You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Family Hauntings Around my Home

Real Ghost Stories

Family Hauntings Around my Home

 

I'm about to tell you two things that have happened in or around my home, the first one being when I was seven years old. It's about my uncle Eugene. Eugen was always my hero from when I was two, until I was seven. My mother passed away when I was two years old, so I moved in with my grandparents and uncle, and my dad moved to another town.

Now don't get me wrong, I still saw my dad every weekend, but for the majority of those 4 years, my main role model was my uncle Eugene. So you can imagine how devastated I was when I had to watch the paramedics come into my house, put my uncle on a stretcher and then into the ambulance. They took him to the hospital, but it was too late, he had passed away from an asthma attack, the same as my mother.

Well, I cried myself to sleep that night, and my grandmother decided that me and my sister should sleep in her room for a few nights because Eugene's room was right next to ours. So the night after he had died, we were sleeping in there. My grandmother turned off the lights, and her and my sister fell asleep. I've had problems getting to sleep all my life, so I laid there for about two hours trying to get to sleep. I opened my eyes for the hundredth time and realized there was a light on somewhere in the house.

I looked to my left and right, my sister and grandmother were still asleep, and my grandfather was at work. So I slowly sat up in the bed and stared through the doorway. The light was on in Eugene's room. We also had this breathing machine in our kitchen that he would use when his asthma would get to him, and as I stared in horror at his bedroom door, the machine turned on, and I heard him breathing into it. I laid back down quickly and closed my eyes as tight as I possibly could. And somehow I fell asleep.

That was the story about my uncle, here's the one about my great grandmothers house.

This one actually took place a few weeks ago. My great grandmother fell about 3 months ago and broke her hip, so she's been in and out of the hospital, when she's not at the hospital, she stays at our house, her house is right next to ours. I play bass guitar in a band, and I needed to get some practice in, so I went out there top practice, because I would be all alone out there.

I played through a few songs that we have, then I started playing this one we based off of a 50's song, and every time I would play that particular song, from the back room in the house, I would hear what sounded like the closet door open, something bump, and then footsteps pacing around the room. This would happen every time I played that song. And just recently I found out my grandfathers brother had died in that house, and also it was a house my great grandfather had built, so I don't know what's going on out there.

All I know is whatever it is, it likes our music.

Other hauntings by Kevan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kevan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

fernowky (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
😲 man that's crazy hope your uncle dosent come out his room and stand next to your bed that would be creepy
rezeoth (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
wow that's weird that your great uncle liked that song but the thing is. Is that my great uncle died while him having a breathing problem and he was out at work and I didn't really know him that much but I loved him 😭

life,love, pain it's all the same
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
Hi Kevan. I believe that the experience you had with seeing your Uncle's light on in his room and hearing the breathing machine was a residual haunting. Your Uncle would not need that on the other side so that is what made me come to that conclusion. As for the experience you had or have when playing the guitar, I believe that it very well may be your Grandfather's brother checking you and your music out. After all, he did play the guitar himself. I would definitely set up a camera when playing your guitar. You ever know what you will capture!

SHELBY 😊 ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
Thank you for responding so quickly, Kevan.
These kinds of experiences do seem to ignite the fires of curiosity. I was hoping that it was a family member that had caused the spark 😊.
Thank you.
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
To Patch- Thanks for commenting, I will put a camera up in there next time.

To Rhodes68- I hope my uncle has found peace as well.

To Ghostgal- Thanks for commenting as well, yeah, I'm happy it enjoys the music.

To Whitebuffalo- Well, mygrandfathers brother Lawrence used to play guitar out there all the time, so I was thinking it was him. And about my uncle, yes that was my first experience with anything paranormal. An yes, it's also the reason I formed my little ghost hunting group. Thanks for commenting.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
Hi Kevan,
How amazing that a song could cause a ghost to come out of hiding. Do you know which one of the men enjoy your music so well?
I feel that your first instance was a residual haunting of your Uncle. It would have to be, as he was in need of his nebulizer, or whichever form of breathing machine that it was that he required.
You started ghost sighting very young. Is this the reason that you formed a group of researchers?
Thank you.
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
Well, atleast it likes your music. LOL. I'm so sorry about your uncle. But to tell you the truth, it'd be better if you got him to pass on.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
I would have to agree with you that your song must be attracting whoever's out and about there. I was deeply saddened by your story concerning your uncle Eugene and about your mother's death. I guess your uncle wasn't prepared to cross at such a young age or was too confused at the time and the only thing he knew was to get back to the only familiar place in the world his home and back to you. I hope he has finally found peace.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
Lovely story, Thanks for sharing. I think you should really put up a camera in that room, who knows what you will find:)
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
To ChrisB, thank you. Next time I play out there I was going to set up a camera in the back room and see if I could catch anything.

To KimSouth, thank you for commenting, I too believe he was still trying to save himself. As for the music thing, I know my grandfathers brother Lawrence used to play guitar out there all of the time, I even still have his pick and his guitar he used, he did die in the house, but I don't know if its him or not.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
Kevan,
What a very heart touching story.

Your waking up (or being up) to witness your uncles machine turn on and hear hm breathing into it, it may have been his fianl attempt to stave off the asthma. I am certain he did not want to leave you any more than you wanted him to. He tried.

As for the music. It sounds as if there may be a few different explainations as to who and what likes your music. They may be able to draw energy from it to allow you to be aware that they are present.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
Thatwas a very interesting story. I am very sorry for your loss. I bet your uncle was a good man. I bet he wanted to let you know that he will always be with you. But the music thing is very interesting. I to think it likes your music. Did you ever notice anything? Try using a camera and then play something. Maybe you might get something. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: