You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Seeing Is Believing

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing Is Believing

 

I was recently taking pictures of myself for my boyfriend. And I was using my web cam. I am not the greatest picture taker. The lighting in the room wasn't very good, the sun was streaming in through the curtains and the room was also dark.

So as usual I had to adjust the picture. You know the drill, lightening the picture and trying to rid the bright sun from the pictures. Of course I had to do some major adjusting of my pictures; being that I am the worse picture taker.

I wanted to take the best pictures as possible and tried to look my best. I figured any amateur could adjust the picture. It may take a little practice. So I would attempt to do this and send a few decent pictures to my boyfriend.

I made the attempt and the first ones seem to turn out decent. So I tried fixing the rest of them. And I was pretty excited at how the pictures had turned out. Yeah me! So I sent him the few pictures I had taken.

Seeing is Believing

Of course he wanted more. And I waited a few days to send him the rest I had taken. However, the last ones I was going to send him seemed to be either too light or too dark. I tried to adjust them and it just didn't seem to turn out right. So I gave it one last attempt. And the picture I had the most problem with caught me by surprise.

It showed two people in it or some beings. I could see the legs of a person and the figure of another. The one I recognized as a female the other looked as though they had something in their hands.

I have often seen and experienced strange things. But this topped the cake. I now had proof of capturing this on tape. Seeing it makes a believer out of me. And the proof was now in my hands.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, truthfulwon124, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-11)
Also, what is with the big white square in the middle? It's not a window, it's set off the wall and across a corner. Dimming a photo does not make shapes. Manipulation does- and that can easily be done in Paint programs.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-11)
It's the pixels.

Pixel size in a picture does not change unless it's been manipulated.

Changing the brightness and colors should not change that, but this has been destroyed to the point where you can't really get the original image back into place.

Heat detection cameras work on the entire shot, not parts.
You also cannot heat detect with things like photoshop, because there is no heat signature on a still image that has already been taken.

It honestly looks like the aura around a light, which can easily be separated from the rest of the shot in post. The colors were then changed and played with and stretched.

The shape of the lamp and shadows around it make it appear to be a humanoid shape- giving shape to light does weird things. The fact that there is a mirror standing there also helps develop a false sense of depth.

An original shot may have been convincing, but one manipulated to this level does not ring as honest to me.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-11)
Though I do not have a program to detect it, there are programs out there that can detect if a photo is raw, aka unedited, and if a photo has been manipulated. Just like there's coding for websites, there are also codes for pictures.

Trust me if I could afford one I would have one but sadly they are expensive.
jess001 (1 stories) (22 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-12-11)
Truthfulwon124 I do believe this could be of heat detection but I may be wrong... As for the others they can not prove that photo shop or paint has been used. It may have but we don't know that for sure. Loved the story:)
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-11)
That doesn't look like anything to me. I honestly don't know how you're able to even tell what is female or not in any of that. It looks like those heat detector radars that are able to detect heat, even if you were just standing in that spot 10 minutes ago. Heat signatures remain there for a good length of time.

Now that the picture is dark, you can easily make that effect without photoshop. Simply going onto your phone, or even paint, you're able to make the picture look like that. Just think you're making something into nothing, especially since Photoshop wasn't readily available to the public without forking over several hundred dollars in 2008. The only photoshop available at that time was one of the earlier versions. I was using photoshop cs3 at that time and could easily make that effect. It's called invert.

Again, I am calling BS on the picture. As I said earlier, I believe you're making something out of nothing and that there is nothing to fear about.

I would be curious though if you have any other pictures or stories about the house being haunted?
truthfulwon124 (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-12-11)
TinaR and Fearless,

I do not even know how to photo shop. I am not computer savy. I am even horrible using a camera. I have no reason to lie and I would have to answer to GOD. So, I try to be honest and truthful.

The only adjustment that I made was dimming the picture, because the sun was streaming in and it had to much light coming in. Once I had adjusted the picture. I saw this in the picture.
TinaR (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-07)
photoshop really worked. It did! Well... Its clearly working.
Fearless (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-18)
Photoshop! C'mon how can anyone b tricked by this seriously...
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
This might just be a trick of the light since you said that the sun was shining behind you. That makes it very hard to see you in the picture to begin with. If you were trying to adjust the composition of the photo, you might have tweaked something in the lighting to make it appear that way. I'm not certain, but it just looks that way.
xAdiiBabyDoll16x (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-28)
omg that's incredible... You can definitley see two human forms... Thanks for sharing!

❤adi
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
good idea demon kid and that is really freaky! I wouls be scared out my witties! 😨 😨 😨
Demon_Kid (10 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
i have a good idea... What if... You go somewhere for a day leave your web cam in video tape and see if you see anymore things when you come back and play back the video 😐
truthfulwon124 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-20)
Flutterofwings,

In the front of the picture is a picture of me. But when I was trying to adjust the picture I notice in the background the image of a woman and someone else. It did look like 2 people. But no one that I know who died in this place. 😊
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
I can see a dark shape of a person in the picture, which could be of you. I enlarged the picture and to me it's a man holding a woman in his arms with a large sweeping dress or skirt on. Anyone you know died in the home a man and wife or a man and some woman?
truthfulwon124 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-13)
This was taken in the day, actually the curtain was pulled and the sunlight was streaming in. So I was adjusting the picture because there was to much sunlight streaming in the picture. And as I was adjusting the picture that is what appeared in the picture.

I don't know anything about photography all I know is just aim and shoot. I know nothing about trick photography. When people ask me to take their pictures I always turn them down because I tend to mess the picture up.

I took this with a web cam and was trying to adjust the picture. And I took a few pictures that day. And stood around the same spot. And this is the only one that turned out that way.

If this is trick photography then I honestly need to get a job in this field. But all I know is this is no trickery and people will believe what they want too. ❤
Skin_Reader (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
Hello, the picture to me definately looks like it was a little interupted by something possibly a spirit or two but I would keep taking pictures around to see if it shows up again. If not it might have just gone away, or it was just electrical interference on the camera.

Have a nice year,
Richard G. (the skin reader)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
Good job in trying to (or not trying to, rather) capture something other than yourself in photography 😊. I am sorry, though, I really do not see anything that is unquestionably paranormal. I only say that as you had admitted yourself to have had to make several adjustments to the photo's to even see anything correctly.
Thank you.
Demon_Kid (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
They look like they are dancing I believe you all the way watch out you never know what can happen around, the naked eye doesn't always see things as well as robots/dogs/objects you shouldnt take more pics if ure scared but if you mind me asking why the hell is it so freaking dark there!? 😨
mauzie (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
Hi, I'm not convinced on this one, the slight amount of colour on the edges of the figure and the part with colour above the image suggests a technial fault with the piture, due to lighting possibly. Then again who am I to say? It's possible. Thanks! 😉
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
You are off center in the picture and that sparks doubt. I'm sorry, but I think it is a good possiblity that you "staged" the picture, placing yourself slightly off-center to capture that background anomaly. It looks like a couple of people standing behind a large mirror that is reflecting light off the ceiling.
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
I personally don't think it is anything paranoramal, but hey what do I know...
HaleyScott (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
oh my goodness! That is really scary! And I have something to tell you, don't ever take pictures,cause, those pictures will haunt if your in hell, or heaven. My e-mail address haleyworldscott [at] yahoo.com e-mail me!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
Good attempt at trying to capture something. However, I personally see nothing discernable in this photograph. Considering how many adjustments had to be made to get anything out of these shots, I am not surprised you got some strange elements in them.

This is just like a rhorshach test--you can project a pattern onto anything.

Great attempt, but I remain unconvinced this is anything paranormal at all. 😁
elliottpiper (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
i studied this picture very closly and have had a friend round whos a photographer all it is is static or a magnetic force
elliottpiper (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
i looks as if it is your guardian angel is appearing from a portal to check on you have you ever had any relatives that are disabled that might have died 😲 😲 😲
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
truthfulwon124,
Well, it does appear as if one person is carrying another person.

Is it at all possible this was double exposure or some other photography over exposure to cause this effect?

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
Well pictures can be explained but this one is hard for me. It looks like somone is carrying another person. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing this with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
HauteCouture (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
Wierd! It kind of looks like people hugging or dancing, hard to tell. That is really strange! Have you taken more pictures since to see if you could get anything else? Is there any way to make it bigger to get a closer look?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: