You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Someone on the Other Side of the Door

Real Ghost Stories

Someone on the Other Side of the Door

 

I am writing this on behalf of my 18 year old sister as she doesn't feel comfortable joining the site. It is only because I told her my story and where she could read it that she has come forward with her own experience.

About 3 week ago she was home alone at 2pm in her bedroom watching television with the bedroom door closed. She heard creaking on the landing floorboards at the same time as the front door sounding as though it was being opened then closed. The door has a very distinct sound, although no sound was heard on the stairs. She walked out of the bedroom to look at the bottom of the stairs (the front door is opposite the staircase) to see if it was me and my kids coming to visit (as apart from her, my mum, and my step dad I am the only one with a front door key) nobody was at the bottom of the stairs as nobody had come in. She then went back into the bedroom and still heard the creaking on the landing floorboards. This continued every few days for the next fortnight, the door however was only heard 3 more times.

Last week when she was in her room again with the door closed, she stood up to leave to go downstairs. As she approached the bedroom door she suddenly had an intense feeling that there was someone else on the other side of the door, she froze, sat on her bed and didn't leave the room for an hour! When she got the courage to open the door there was nobody there, as the feeling had left. There were always rumours about our parents house when we first moved in, about a boy in his bedroom either dying or committing suicide. We never listened though.

Now she gets feelings on most doors upstairs that there is someone on the other side of the door, or in her bedroom she thinks someone is in her doorway. She does have a belief in the after life, ghosts etc, she would just like to know other peoples thoughts on this.

Other hauntings by Suprised

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Suprised, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
I initially skipped this story, only because it is not your own personal experience, and how are you to answer questions about the experience if it was not yours in the first place?
I am a bit confused, though, and I hope that you can relay a question so that I can get a clearer picture of what it was that happened there.
There was a boy, before you all moved in, who had either died, or committed suicide in the home. Was that in the same room as your sister was sitting in on the day that she felt a presence on the other side of the door? That has me wondering, as I would think that if the ghost was of the boy, then would he not be INside the room, and not hanging out on the OUTside?
And since this experience, she feels a presence on the other side of MANY of the doors upstairs? Has she tried leaving the doors open? Trust me, I am NOT trying to be a smart ace.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Hello back Surprised and welcome Surprised's sister 😊.

I'm just going to say I liked the story and I was terrified by the idea of having a bad feeling about, let alone hearing noises behind closed doors.

I think KimSouth0 and ChrisB have some excellent suggestions for you.

Again, thanks for sharing.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
i live in an older house, and the man who owned it previous to me had commited suicide. Every once in a while I'll hear creaking sounds on my staircase. And at night if I have to use the bathroom I get a very weird sensation that there is someone on the other side of the door wating for me. Sometimes spirits are curious, hardly ever threatening. 😳
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
I agree with Kim and Chris. You should get her to read up on the stories here and read the comments, it really helps, Trust me, I've done it when I'm in need.:)
Keep us updated ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
Suprised,
I am glad that your sister wanted you to share her story on here.

My first suggestion would be to try to get more history on the place where she lives. Was there a death there? Is someone stuck here? Are they afraid to cross over? Talk aloud to them. Tell them to follow the light, that they will find peace and understanding there, that they need to let go of whatever is holding them here.

Also, Chris has a great suggestion. Have your sister read through some other stories on this site. This may assist her under standing more than anything!

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
Hi Surprised and thank you for sharring your sisters story with us. I understand that she doesn't want to join us (This is a freaky world here). But in the mean time she could try reading some stories. She might even find some answers. You wrote that a child had died or commited sucide in that home. Was this child young? I think this may be a haunting but I'm not sure if this is a serious haunting. Dont get me wrong I believe that this is scary but I'm not sure if the entity is doing any harm. Praying is a good thing. She shood try telling the ghost to cross over. A smudge ceremony is another good thing. You can find the instructions on this site. Tanks again for sharring this story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: