You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: My Shoes on Top in a Straight Line

Real Ghost Stories

My Shoes on Top in a Straight Line

 

I have recently written about happenings in my home and on two occasions now a "funny" thing has happened with my shoes. One day during the week of March 17th, my sister was over and we were watching a show on the Paranormal and the host was showing how to use a pendulum. He held a coin in his hand and if it was an odd number the pendulum moved left to right over his hand and if it was an even number it went to and fro.

So I got out mine and tried it and it worked. He then showed how to use a dowsing rod so I took my set out and was showing my sister how it worked. Well shortly after that, she had to go home and I had to get some sleep because I had to leave for work later that night. I work 11 pm to 7 am at a hospital. When we when to the front door my shoes were in the middle of the hall, one on top of the other if a very straight line. I usually keep these shoes under the kitchen table and put them on just before I go to work. The table is about 10 feet away from the hall.

We were wondering as to how it happened and my partner suggested that the dogs knocked the shoes into the hall when they were playing ball. I argued that the shoes would not be in a neat straight line and on top of each other, but rather scattered about. Well he said he was just stating that it could be how the shoes came to be in the hall, and that our ghost(s) don't always cause things to happen.

On Easter Sunday, we were telling the story to the family and once again we argued (in a joking manner) that was it the ghost or the dogs.

That night, while I was on the computer I also had a paranormal show playing on the tv. Shortly after that, I got into bed to watch a show with "S" and we decided we wanted popcorn, so I got up and put some in the microwave. Now when I go to the kitchen and walk back, I pass the hallway and there was nothing unusual at that time.

A few minutes into the show, we realized that it was a repeat so we turned off the TV and "S" decided to get some sleep, I being restless decided to get up and get a book from the living room. I got up and when I passed the hallway, there were my shoes again, in a straight line, on top of each other but closer to the front door. I called "S" to the hallway and he then agreed that the dog hadn't been playing ball, and also in the 10 minutes that had past since I made popcorn, it had to have happened and he and the dog were in the bedroom so they couldn't have done it.

One other thing about the shoes, when I picked them up I noticed just how tight they were shoved together, they weren't just placed on top of each other but toe into heel and jammed in tight.

So now every time I pass the hallway, I look to see if my shoes are there but so far it hasn't happened this week.

Other hauntings by MOTHERPANN

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MOTHERPANN, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
Thanks for your words, Not sure what will happen next, at least with the ghost hunting group I am with, I have the support if I need it as well as a certified demonologist and with me being a minister, I feel I have many paths to take based on any further incedents.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-13)
I have heard the show that you referred to in one of your posts MOTHERPANN. Very informative. Also very thought provoking.
For some reason, I feel that what is going on now in your home with the shoes will NOT turn into something other than simple moving things around and playing with things. It seems as if the ghost likes to play with your dog too.
For some reason, I almost get a "housekeeper" kind of feel off of this retelling. I have no idea if I am right, I am human, I could be wrong, but I do not feel that your worse fears will be realized with her.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
From what you're saying, it seems that this ghost needs to be acknowledged and that can mean one thing. It needs something, it wants you to do something for it. Maybe getting into a deeper kind of discussion with S is imperative. Has he ever in his life disturbed the balance between our world and theirs so that this spirit may be around him or, being sensitive himself, has somehow triggered the spirit to ask his attention. I don't think you should just see this as a drifting soul which just happened to pass by. Also be more cautious yourself. Sometimes wishing for something is equal to inviting. Try to "read" beneath the obvious signs the spirit leaves to make its presence known. Is it trying to tell you something? I hope you will keep us posted.
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
I don't know why but I now look around, hopeful that it does something new and I get disappointed when it hasn't. I think it did the shoe thing twice because "S" and I were discussing it, whether the ghost did it or the dogs knocked them around playing. So it did it again to prove that it was "him".

"S" did tell me that while I was at work last night there was a loud noise in the hallway by the bedroom door, both he and the dog heard it and when he got up to see what it was, the dog gate had been knocked crooked (but not fallen). This is the second time the gate has been disturbed.

"S" has seen more ghosts then I have, he is very open to these adventures so I guess the ghost was telling him, that he is here and is not just doing things for me to see.

I promise to keep you all posted on my adventures.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Hi Motherpann and thanks for sharing another experience with us. I have to agree that your "ghost" wants attention but it's that attention I fear so much. I don't know what I would've done if I were you, show that I acknowledge it or pretend (for as long as I can) not to see it?

I hope you will keep us posted. 😊
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
My main ghost hunting partner uses dossing rods and pendulums. She always stirs up the craziest activity when she uses them too. Best wishes to you, Motherpann! Keep us informed! 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
Hi Motherpann. I hope you post some stories soon. I believe they will be very interesting like just like this one is. I hope the ghost don't turn on you. They can play mind games but you can usually tell if its evil or not. But with peopl, I have to agree with you there. Thanks for sharring your story and please post some stories soon (not that I am pushhy 😜).I hope to hear from you soon and take care
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
It's a large group out of Miami Fl, the founder also hosts "the Paranormal Radio Show" so I will ask permission to post it.

I don't think there would be a problem.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
MOTHERPANN, if you belong to a ghost hunting group, may I suggest that you put it in our directory:

http://www.yourghoststories.com/organizations/
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
We use the dowsing rods when we are ghost hunting (I belong to a group) The pendulum I have is really a necklace that was in the family for years, it's from the days where you tie it around your neck before they had clasps. It's silver with purple stones, amethist (sp?) and I really don't use it for scrying, I was just seeing if what they were doing on tv with the coins worked.

I have had ghostly activity (in my new house) since 2004 I noticed it mostly since hurricane charley caused damage on my house and it is also the same year we got our new puppy. BUT I have had paranormal experiences all my life but since I have been more open to it lately, I seem to have more and more things happen. I am hoping that these activities stay friendly and fun and don't turn ugly. You know like I am encouraging it to act and then one day find out that it was testing me and once I let it interact with me that it changes it's personality from nice to evil. Like it's getting my trust then it will show it's true colors later. Kinda like some humans I have known in my life.
(lol)
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
MOTHERPANN,
Perhaps playing with the dowsing rods and the pendulum opened portals or invited and entity (entities) to your home that you had not intended.

Simply with moving the shoes, I would say it simply wants to be noticed, if things change, then go from there.

Thanks for sharing your story with us!

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
Wow that was interesting. I bet you called in aghost and know its showing you that its here. I just have a questin to people here who will be posting soon. Is playing with a Pendulum the same as playing with the ouji board? Is that not safe too? I'm sorry MotherPann that I had to post this in your story. I was just wondering. I really liked your story. If you do cath anything let us know. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: