You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Bleeding Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

Bleeding Apparition

 

I was downstairs getting ready to go to sleep, when I heard something coming down the stairs, at first I waited to see if I could hear it again... but it had stopped. Or, at least, I thought it did. I went upstairs to get a glass of water before I went to sleep, after I got my water, I finished it and put it in the sink, I started to hear banging noises like when you open and slam a door. I got so terrified, I was actually so scared I didn't want to go see what was happening to the door at the bottom on the stairs. Once I had calmed myself down, I slowly made my way to the staircase. When I went down, there was blurry figure of a man, his eyes were bleeding and his wrists were cut so deep, there were holes in the other side of his wrist. I ran into the kitchen and called my husband to come home from his business trip right away. When I returned to the staircase, the man was gone, I sat down for a few minutes until I had calmed down, then I started making my way downstairs and into my bedroom. I then woke up later at 3:00 am, hearing the door again. Once again, the man was standing there, staring deeply into me with fear. I closed my eyes and it was almost as if I was dreaming the whole time because I blanked out and had woken up later that morning. It has been 3 weeks since the scare and I haven't been disturbed once. But two nights ago, I had almost fallen asleep when I heard a "yoohoo" coming from the door to the stairway by my bedroom. It sounded like the voice of a man.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
I've just read your story, Cathy, and it's definitely the sort of thing that would freak THIS person out.

I'm perplexed by the bleeding eyes--and I agree firmly with those who say that it was a very gruesome end (I also don't think it was a suicide at all). Could you get any kind of idea of the time frame in which he died, perhaps from his clothing or hair style?

I'd say, too, that the murder was definitely one of passion--whoever did this was, I'm sure, full of rage for some reason.

My own gut feeling is that his eyes were injured first, then his wrists cut-possibly the assailant may have even driven the weapon THROUGH the wrists (hence the holes you referred to) either before or after death
--almost as if the murderer was trying to mimic a crucifixion.

Just the impressions I get--I could be completely off base, but that's my initial reaction.
Dreamcatcher (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Not only is this freaky, it is down right scary. This happened such a long time ago. What happened after you posted your story? Did he leave? I am very curious. I have never experienced anything like this and would really like to know more. If it was me, I would investigate the place of his appearance in daytime. Night time is eerie and somehow harbor more fear. And being Christian, I would have prayed through my nights not being able to forget what I saw. I consider you really brave. Could you maybe update us on what happened please?
bardsidhe (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-04)
Sorry I should not have said "need" that implies I know everything, and I don't...
bardsidhe (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-04)
you need a to do a passing ceremony.
as was said, this is the spirit of one who has not passed fully into the other world.
even the oldest spiritual legends, myths and scriptures state that Suicide won't let you into 'heaven' or where ever one goes...
the spirit seems to be showing you what happened, and the "yoohoo" indicates he know you can see him. At this point I'd say he is looking for help, but be careful I could be wrong
olivia (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-03)
the ghost is probably some one who lived there before you and he might of commit sucide (I might of spelled it wrong)
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-03)
I will try not repeat what everyone else has said, so here it is. Ghostly phenomenon usually happens when someone dies a tragic and unexpected death. Although its not limited to that. It seems suicide would be the likely answer, but I can't shake the image of his bleeding eyes from my head. For some reason I feel he was murdered and it was made to look like a suicide. Don't quote me on that, its just a feeling I have. For some reason he is trying to communicate with you. I feel he is in need of help and feel you are the one to do it. I would follow sarahs advice. The only difference is I would have a black candle lit while you do this. I use Black candles in my spellwork for banishing spirits. Keep in mind that its not Black magick. No satanism here. It just helps to represent the light in which the spirit needs to go into. It has worked for me. Good luck and keep us posted.
Shaun (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-24)
I agree with Sarah, maybe it is the soul of someone, trapped and and unable to communicate with the living in any other way. May have had a gruesome death as well.Don't be scared, I have never heard of anyone being attacked by these apparitions
nancy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-22)
that's freaky! if I were you I would get out of there running and I would go to my mom's house.
i disagree with miiish and sarah (sorry guys) I would die if I do it. I like your story
Kay (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-22)
All I gotta say is...FREAKY! I mean, it's one thing to read ghost stories, but to actually EXPERIENCE an encounter with a ghost...AAH!
sarah (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-21)
wow , cathy it seems like he had a long death , he has not crossed over . it sounds like he mihgt have comtted suicide . try looking up records for your house and death records go to your local library and look it up they should be able to help you in the resorce center

if you feel like you have the strength do this .


go to a wooded area near water collect willow branches place sprigs of it on each door also if you can get blue spruce and burn it in the house and tell him to go to the light , tell him he has passed on from our world and must go to the other .
that generally works

blessed be
Kreen (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-21)
Wow, that's freaky. I wouldn't be able to sleep after seeing something so gruesome. I have seen a ghost, but only ever caught a glimpse. Yours sounds so graphic!
miiish (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-21)
Cathy, what U R seeing is certainly a ghost, who had a brutal death. He hasnt made it to the other side yet. Most of the time ghosts dont even know they are dead. Perhaps he is lost so maybe the next time U C him, tell him that he is no longer alive and that he is safe and should towards the light. Maybe, there is something he wants U 2 know. Check the history of the house. Leave some paper and a pencil in the part of the house where U C him and tell him, if there is anything he wants to say to write it down for U ! I hope things settle for U soon. Cheers !

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: