You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Bob's Back

Real Ghost Stories

Bob's Back

 

It would seem that Bob is getting a bit restless as of lately. It been awhile since anything memorable has happened in our apartment (Our new apartment and Bob's at it again).

Now all of a sudden in the last 3 weeks things have been going a bit on the weird side.

Two Saturdays ago, I was washing dishes, my daughter was on the computer, my husband was sitting at the island in our kitchen and my son was sleeping. The house phone starts to ring. I asked my daughter who was it (we have caller id) and she said she doesn't know, it wasn't coming up on the caller id box or on the headset. Ok, a bit odd but, it could happen. So, I told her to answer it. Which she does and then looks at me weirdly and hangs up the phone, I asked her what that was about and she says "you know when you call your own number and hang up that recording you get when it rings back" and I said yeah she said it was that.

So, now she has our attention. Then at that moment my cell phone rings, which is upstairs in my bedroom. My husband runs up to get it and comes back down with a puzzled look and hands me my phone. I look at it and the caller id shows that it is "home" calling. Now we are looking at each other (my son is still sleeping upstairs, first thing we thought of too) and my phone stops ringing and then my voice mail beeps. I turn on speaker phone and check my voice mail and there was one new message but nothing was there.

The next thing happened a week ago today. I went to go take a shower, it was about 6:00 a.m. And the body wash was missing from the shower. This puzzled me because the bottle was 1/2 full. So, I used my daughters and continued with my day and forgot all about it.

The next day I was getting a towel to go and take a shower, while talking to my kids and I remembered so, I asked them if they knew where it was. And of course they both knew nothing about it. So, I went and got a new bottle from the closet and took my shower.

Later that afternoon my cat was trying to squeeze into a space between our refrigerator and the counter and when I looked to see what he was trying to get, there was my 1/2 used bottle of body wash just sitting there.

The latest thing this week. My son spent the night at his buddies' house. The next morning he calls me and we chatted and then he asks me "So what did you want?" I said "I give up, you called me..." He then proceeded to tell me that my cell number was on his phone as a missed call and that there was a voice mail message but, there was nothing there but a few seconds of noise from a TV. I never called my son.

Not sure why the sudden increase in episodes at our house.

Other hauntings by ok

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ok, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Butterflylover5 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
when a stranger calls came to mind when I read this I have a story myself that I'm trying to submit but anyway I was going to say it mite be a relative or a friend trying to reach out to you did anyone die at the time the story was written

Kim ❤
karencmaug (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
ok, I ❤ your stories! I have read all of them and they just catch my attention! I ❤ them soooo much! Make more! Make more!
ok (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Hello,
It's been awhile since I've had a chance to stop in. I wanted to thank you all for your comments, questions and great advise. I have more to write as soon as I can I'll get the stories posted.
Thanks again,
OK
SomeoneUDontKnow (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
i never pick up a phone where the name doesn't show up on the caller ID not the fact that it might be a ghost but just the scare that it might be Michael Jackson.

Sorry for kidding around you must have been really scared or at least your kids were.
littlelaura33 (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-22)
Cool story OK, and an awesome name as well (OK)! I would love to read your other stories because they sound really interesting. That phone call must of really spooked you and your family. If I were you I would get the phone service to bar calls from weird numbers that the phone can't identify. Good luck and God Bless xx 😨 😁 ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-19)
Hi again, ok.
Seeings as to how you asked... 😊
Weelll, in the past, the things that Bob did only included things on a nudge, nudge, check me out scale.
He would turn off the washing machine, turn the computer off and on, talked to your children (or at least alerted them), entertained your cat, locked you out of your home, flipped shoes over while it could be witnessed, flicked the lights on and off, misplaced your belongings...
THIS time around you have a full fledged electrical malfunction claim going on. The last time one of those happened, you asked your daughter to bounce back up the stairs to see if the lights above the bakers rack would still flicker. They did. Until you announced Merry Christmas, Bob, right?
While I do think that the regular taking of and replacing or hiding things IS Bob (How about Henry?), you seem to have another "small thing" going on. A bit more mischievous, and wanting more recognition.
Why do you call people?
To talk to them, right?
Bob just TALKS. He has your children seeking you out to see what it is that you called them for, your husband occasionally asks you what you just said when you have not said anything... He TALKS.
If this was Bob, I think he would not be silent. He would tell you what it is that he wants.
I get the feel of a little boy. Not extremely young, but small. Phone pranks are something that some of us who ignored our parental advice did around the age of Middle School. We also mimicked people of authority, got a bit "uppity" in certain situations...
Anything sounding like what is going on in your home yet?
Thank you.
ok (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
Hello Everyone,
My son just turned 18 a few months ago and my daughter is 11. My son was upstairs in his room sleeping while this was going on. He has no house phone extension in his room. He does have a cell but his number would of shown up.

Rhodes, I really can't say much has changed as of lately except my son has a girlfriend who has been around quite a bit and the typical running around with the kids stuff.

Robotzik, I really don't think I'm comfortable with the ouija board route. But maybe the crystal route would be better, hmm...

Whitebuffalo, I would like to hear more about what you think of the newest events...

Thank to all who comment, I love to read what you think.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
Hi Ok.
For some reason, I do not get the feeling that this is Bob. Sure, all of the occurrences that have happened as of late are coming from the home, and in the past it has been undeniably him, but this time, I do not get the same feel to it.
Your son is about fifteen, is he not? Right around there maybe? And your daughter is around the same age.
Boy, I hesitate to comment on this as I simply do not feel that BOB has done all of this. I get the feel that there is a psychic connection in the home, and that would account or the phone showing the home as the originator of the calls. Your son was OUTSIDE of the home when a call came in from there...
Someone has a very strong MIND. And their MIND is communicating with those in the home.
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
Hi Ok. That was a great story. I found the phone oarty very scary. I have to agree with rhodes that this is very scary. Ithink Rhodes is asking the right questions. I think she is on the right track. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
robotzik (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
I think you should try to talk with him,
there are several methods that could work, I could see Bob as wanting to talk through an ouija board, only danger I'd see in that is a huge increase in episodes, he may feel very very welcomed and just fool around.
Maybe Bob felt ignored lately... Needs you to talk with him more... Maybe he is there because in some past life you had some kind of a relation where you didn't forgive him and he can't move on without that or something, maybe he just needs you guys to light up some sage and candles and guide him into the light. I think that would be the best. Or try buying a crystal and let him have it, I did that to my grandfather that that crystal is the only way I let him communicate to me, it would creep the crap out of me any other way.
You said Bob was pushing your son down the stairs when you first moved in. That could be something I as a very paranoied person would be worried about. But it all depends on how you feel;)
Cheers,
Muffeen.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-13)
Hi ok and thanks for another interesting account.

The part about receiving calls from your own home is spooky for me-too spooky!

You said that the frequency of the events has increased. Has anything at all happened lately that made you change your daily habbits? Do you spend less time home maybe? It seems to me that Bob is craving for more attention from you. It could also be that if you and your family got used to having him around, you don't act as surprised as before or you talk less about him. He might just want to be the center of attention.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: