You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Ouija Board and John

Real Ghost Stories

The Ouija Board and John

 

I'm 27, and I live in a small city in Ohio. When I was 16, I met this chic named Becca, we got along good, and to this day she's my best friend. The same day we met, I found out that she lived in a house that I was way too familiar with. Another best friend of mine (Mo) had live there a few years before, and my uncle dated her mom (Francis) so I stayed with them regularly. (you'll want to remember this)

It wasn't very long after I met Becca that I was practically living with her and her family, which consisted of her, her younger sister Nikki and her father. Her mom passed away years before I met them. I loved staying with them because her dad worked a 12 hour night shift at our towns local steel mill, and he was pretty naive to what young girls left home alone at night could (and would get into). But it was awesome. We always had sleep overs with a few of our other closest friends, and at that age we were "experimenting" new things with smoking pot being one of our favorite trials. We really liked to play our music loudly, and dance and laugh and have a good time.

One of our biggest joys was prank calling the hottest boys in school, and other girls that we just didn't like. I'll put it this way whatever we did we had a good time.

Well one night I will never forget, it was in June of '06, it was on a Friday, and it was storming outside. It was close to midnight. There was myself, Becca, Kristen, Angel, and another girl named Angie. We were all in Becca's room having a good time. Nikki (Becca's younger sister) was in their dads' room asleep. We had just finished smoking and we were all higher then we should of been, and Angie says "hey look what I brought", and she pulled an Ouija board out of her bag. All the girls were excited and ready to play. I on the other hand was very skeptical. I was afraid of what they were going to bring to the surface. But they talked me into it, and I wish they hadn't.

We lit candles and turned the lights out. The windows in the bed room were open because it was so smokey. It got very quiet all you could hear was the rain, and the thunder crackling from out side. So we all sat there with our two little fingers on the small plastic piece and one of the girls asked if there were any spirits present. We all watched for a couple minutes with anticipation. Nothing! Again "if there are any spirits here let yourself be known" Or something along those lines. We were all concentrating so deeply on this board, and then out of no where Nikki (from the other room) screamed and ran into our room crying. She was literally shaking, saying there was a man standing over her in the other room and that she thought that he had walked into the closet.

All of a sudden there was a loud crash of thunder that scared the mess outta all of us. We turned the lights on quickly, and cautiously walked towards the other room. One of us with a baseball bat, one with a Bataan, and Becca had grabbed a big knife out of the kitchen. There was light shinning out of the room from the TV playing but the rest of the room was dark. Becky reached her hand inside and flipped the light on and gave the door a push so we could see inside.

Kristen was on the phone with her mom. They only stayed about 2 or 3 minutes away, and her mom said she'd be right there. So with all 6 of us inside her dads room we were still scared to open the closet. A minute later the door bell rang and kind of gave us all a chill. But it was Kristen's mom we told her what happened minus the Ouija board. She opened the closet door and one of our cats jumped out. It made Kristen's mom scream a little. We all got a good laugh out of that.

But no one knew how buttons (our cat) had gotten in there. Kris's mom checked around the rest of the house, including the basement every thing was OK so she left us there and told us to call her back if we needed to. Well needless to say Nik ended up staying in our room the rest of the night and when she was able to fall asleep I decided to tell the girls what I knew, and this is it: After my uncle and Francis (Mo's mom) broke up I wasn't allowed to stay there very often because my mom was told that Francis had started using hard core drugs and that she was partying a lot.

Francis started seeing a new man name John who I had met a few times. He seemed like a nice guy he'd take us back and forth to the rollerena and things like that. But Mo had told us of her mom and John fighting a lot.! Well the last night that I stayed in that house before I met Becca was one of the craziest nights of my life. Me, and 2 other girls Laura, and Amanda were sleeping over at Mo's. We were in her room which is the same room that was now Becca's. We were listening to music, and stuffing our faces with the normal sleep over junk food, and just enjoying ourselves when Francis and John Started arguing.

First they were in the living room and we heard her say "where's it" at John, and he said there isn't any then they went into their room (which was now Becca's dads room). A few minutes had passed where we could hear them shouting back and fourth and it had sounded like a glass had been busted on the other side of the wall. Mo went to knock on her moms door. She was worried that her mom was getting beat up. All of a sudden we heard a loud bang and heard Francis screaming Johns name. Mo opened the door and Francis started screaming at her to get out. Mo saw a portion of John lying on the bed and blood all over. Francis was screaming for all of us to get out of the house. She said get help! We were scared we didn't know what happened.

We all ran next door to Mo's grandmas house where her younger brother and sister were staying for the night. Mo started telling her grandma what was going on and to call for the police. Francis within one minute or so ran over crying and had blood all over her. She was screaming to call the police she said "John, John he's dead!" We all started flipping out! Crying and shiat! He had killed himself! Shot himself right in the head!

The police came and investigated and interviewed all of us. All of our parents had to come for us to be released to them. I was only 12 when this happened. I will never forget that night!

After that Mo's mom had to go to rehab, and she spent several months in a psychiatric hospital in PA. Mo and her brother and sister moved away with their grandma. When all this stuff happened with the Ouija board I knew in my heart that the man that nik seen was John. I could feel it in my soul.

When I finished telling everyone my story Angel started to cry as she grabbed onto my arm, she pointed to a window in the room, (where the porch was) and there was a shadow standing there like it was watching or listening, all of us started scooting on our butts with our backs toward the bedroom door keeping our eyes focused on the window. I said thanks for watching out for us John but you can go now your scaring us, and without the shadow moving in any direction, it just disappeared! It was gone and we all still tell this story to this day!

I think if he had not showed his shadow to us there on the porch right at that time, that my friends would not have believed me. Only because it was such a traumatic experience. Before I moved in with Becca and her family when I first told my mom where she lived my mom told me that if I went there that I was going to see him again! She also told me to tell them what had happened there in that house. I still have trouble talking about it. I wanted to tell them and I thought about it often I just could not bring my self to say it!

I have not seen Monica for many years now, and I see the other girls who were there that night very seldom. But when we do run into each other, there's a silence that we all know well. The first time I saw Laura after I had this experience with Johns ghost, I had to explain to her in detail what had happened that night and there was such a heaviness in the air and we were both chilled to the bone with goose bumps.

Other hauntings by Ambi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ambi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ambi (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Hi guys... Just to be clear, for the last question... I was 15 when this happened. It was 1996. In December of this year I will be 30. Also I can see why anyone would question this. As I just reread my post, I noticed that I wrote June of 06, when actually it should be June of 96. An honest mistake! Sorry!
Soloclover29 (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
I am sorry but could you please say again what your age was when this occured with the Ouija board? If this happened in 09 you could not have been that young if you were 27 two years later... It is just not adding up. 😕
LaurenB (2 stories) (8 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
This story is extremely sad if nothing else. The fact that you and your friends were subjected to something as scarring as a suicide at such a young age is awful and heartbreaking to hear.

As they say, Ghosts are often trapped in places after a traumatic event; if this is true, then it comes as no surprise that John would still be there! One can only hope that John has since found peace and moved on.

And although she's been chastised already, I do have to say one thing: in regards to Emma's comment - let's leave judgment and assumptions off of the site. You wouldn't want someone criticizing YOUR choices in life, so please don't do it to others, especially not in a place where honesty and openness are encouraged. People with paranormal experiences are judged enough without having to find it in a place where they were looking for acceptance.

An interesting story all around, regardless of how high you were! 😉
suec (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-01)
that was a really good story and not being nasty that's what it sounded like a story from a book sorry. However I do believe that you were there when the suicide was commited and I feel for you it must have been horiffic. Howerver the question about ouiji boards I would suggest that before useing one you should look at what other people have to say about them I own one and they are not a game.]
Kat (2 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-01)
So you were happy to stay in a house in which you had witnessed a murder in, with a friend that was new in the house and you failed to mention this until all the spooky goings on happened?
I for one would not like to set foot back in there once id witnessed what you had let alone sleep there.
And your friends mother came over once she was called, you told her you had done a Ouija board and she just shrugged it off and left you all?
Doesnt add up to me, sorry.
AstralAnomoly (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-01)
To comment on the last comment...
When You ask a Spirit/Astral to make themselves known... You never know how, where, when/how soon (or even IF) they will.
So, what I got out of the story was: they asked for any spirits to make themselves known... AND HE DID! It was just to someone else in another room, and that isn't ALL THAT uncommon actually.
Many times you will see or hear them a room or two away...

And I would just like to add that Ouija boards are not necessarily BAD or EVIL things or used by BAD or EVIL people... They are highly misunderstood.
They DO, however, need to be respected, and I would highly suggest not using one unless you REALLY know what you are doing, or are in the presence of someone who REALLY knows what they are doing.

Anyway, Thank You for sharing your story! It was great! 😁
anikenlee (5 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-27)
😕 what does the ouija board do with John spirit? And when Angie ask is the spirit in the room anot then the spirit appear in another room, strange le 😕 But a little shock in the part when the murder took place 😲
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-25)
Wow, drugs and ouija board doesn't sound like a good combination! 😠 You said you were 12 when Jhon shot himself? I'm sorry you had to experiance somthing like that at such a young age, but I'm just hoping you've stoped using drugs. And about "Jhons ghost" I highly doubt that was his ghost, more than likley that was whatever came out of the ouija board. Think about it, you never had all of the fighting and tension in the house until you used the ouija board.
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
Hi there,
Wow this was a great story. I could only imagine how hard it was for you to have been at that house when John (was that his name) had shot himself.
ghostluver1523 (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
I thought this was a really good story. I have acually seen shadows in my house at night it scares the crap out of me. SO I know how you feel about seeing the shadow of jhon at your friends house.



~~ Amy ~~
Ambi (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-21)
To Mustang,
Hello and thanks for your comment. The situation with John was officially ruled as a suicide. With me not being in the room that it took place in when it took place I'd have to go by the police reports, and the autopsy. I never heard any different, but the only ones who truly know, are John, Francis, and GOD!
Thanks Again.
❤ Ambi ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-21)
Hi Ambi. WOW! At first when I read your story I had the same questions as Kim, Bellissima and WB but you anwered them and it cleared everything up for me. I can't believe you had the courage to go back in that house after that happened to John. Did John kill himself or did Francis shoot him? I also agree that just because you all smoked pot does not mean that you will lie about something. I also can't see how all of you would have seen the same thing if it were hallucinations from smoking pot. Besides, I've never heard of someone hallucinating from pot unless it was laced with something. I know that you guys probably weren't high any more after that fright! 😆 Well, I really enjoyed reading your ghost story and I hope to hear more soon. Thanks!

SHELBY ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-21)
Please excuse the intrusion, just for a moment, Ambi. I see a question on here that has as of yet been answered and I would like to offer up my thoughts on the whole thing.

Hello GhostGal,
I see that you are questioning Ouija boards on the Internet...
I am a bit tossed on whether or not I think they are on the Up and Up for several reasons. One of them being that a board needs human, physical contact to draw the energy that it needs to create the contact with an entity. However, you DO have to be touching the keyboard at the time of the "reading". Most generally it is explained that two or more people need to sit at the computer and place at least a finger on the keyboard (at least that is how it read the last time I checked one out), but I have a problem with thinking that your hands must be on the PLANCHETTE to get it to work on the actual board, so how does this work with a virtual board?
Personally I do not use them as I can not see how they would be good communication devices. There really is no hands on approach to it, so to speak, but then I have only tried one a few times. When I did try it, I got some truly interesting "answers", but then, I have used a true board in the past and also received some interesting "answers".
I think, just like everything else that we try to communicate with those on the Other Side, it is all in our views of what is possible and what is not. As always, I would suggest using caution if you MUST check it out to see if it is "real", as some of the things that we think are not real, just may turn out to BE the real deal.
Thanks.
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-19)
Hey, I have 1 question, and I'm hoping someone can answer. Do you think Ouija boards work on the internet? Cause I saw this site... And I don't want to do it if it could possibly work... I just want some harmless fun, but if it really works... Then I don't wanna.

~Gejro
Ambi (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-18)
I'd like to thank every one for their comments and thoughts on my story. I will be posting more experience's soon. Hope you all enjoy them. Thanks again.
❤ Ambi ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-18)
Doesn't matter if you had a buzz going I'm sure you were totally unbuzzed by the time you realized what was going on. Fright will do that. Blood pumps fast and you are no longer high. Maybe with using the ouija board John was able to materialize enough to scare the little girl and to appear as a shadow to you guys after you related the story. Suicides have been known to hang around where they took their lives. Hopefully the way you handled it with politeness and being direct, he was able to move on to the Light. The fact that you and your friends don't discuss it lends an extra ring of truth to the whole experience. Obviously none of you have been able to laugh it off as something of teen imagination and a little weed.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-17)
"No person's childhood should include memories of smoking pot at slumber parties. The fact that you and the other girls were high, makes this story unbelievable..."

Emma, this is naive.
Ambi (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-17)
To Whitebuffalo
LOL... I wish that I could say that I don't know what you meant by that, but I know all too well. Its amazing the things that one goes threw, and how looking back is when you realize how lucky you are for actually making it threw. That was one of my greatest reasoning's for believing so much in the higher power, and the strength of GOD. Thank you for all of your thoughts, and kind words.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
[at] CaptainHowdy, are you just visiting on this site? Do you actually believe in Ghost at all? It seems to me, after reading your three comments your not into this kind of stuff. Do you have any stories to share with us, as I would love to read them.
CaptainHowdy (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
hmmmmm...

I am usually very skeptical of "shadow" sightings... But I don't feel like you made this up at all.

i dunno
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
Yeah, I would have to agree with your stand, Ambi.
Just because someone has done something in their past that does not pass the stringent outlines of someone else's upbringing does not make one a liar. What it DOES do, is make us look back on our past with both an unreal eye (Like when we stop and think of all the things that we have done that SHOULD have killed us), and a more knowledgeable understanding of what others have gone through.
The two places that I SHOULD have ended up, were either the hospital, or in the morgue. I am not sure the things from my past should have ended me on a Ghost story site. 😆
tricia889 (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
wow, that's a crazy story, I too have had an experience getting a bit messed up with my friends and using the ouija board, it wasn't as intense though. I wonder if you'll see him again...
Ambi (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
To Emma: I appreciate your opinion although at that time I was 16 I was not quite a child. Yet I was only 12 when he died. I also believe that no matter what sort of drugs someone has "tried" in their lives that it would not constitute someone to lie about something so serious. But again thank you for your opinion.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
No person's childhood should include memories of smoking pot at slumber parties. The fact that you and the other girls were high, makes this story unbelievable.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Hi Ambi. Thanks for replying, you really cleared things up. Sometimes it's hard to relay just what you're trying to say, how you're trying to say it and get all the details in too. I found the other experiences you had there quite interesting as well. Mentioning them kind of rounded things out for me. Thanks again.
Ambi (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
To Whitebuffalo,
When Kristen's mom came we did not mention to her about the Ouija board or the pot smoking! LOL!
And to Bellissima,
As far as Buttons (the cat) I have no logical answer for how she could have been stuck in the closet... Id imagine that if John was in there that he would have walked right threw with the door remaining closed, but I did not witness that part. So I'm not really sure. But I am grateful for every ones comments. Thank you!
Ambi (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Hey guys! I will elaborate a little bit for every one the best I can. First Yes it was in 1996 (my mistake). As far as me mentioning to Becca about being in her house before, She knew that from the very beginning. I was very apprehensive to go back inside that place. It had been four years since I had last been there. Although I had seen the house a lot driving past it, and walking past there going to other places. It took a lot to convince my self that it would be OK to be there. I would sit outside when she and I first met, and she would invite me in I wouldn't want to go. I believe that she knew that there was something holding me back. The first month or so that I was there I would not go near her dads room. It was a lot to deal with emotionally and mentally. Although I never forgot the drama that happened that night, the longer I stayed there the easier it was to be there. There were other things that would happen threw out the house that would make me wonder if his ghost was there. Occasionally lights would go out, or the phone would ring and when we'd answer the person on the other end would ask who was the guy who answered the phone. (That was really freaky and it happened quite a bit).
It actually got to the point where we had to contact the phone company and they told us there must have been a problem with the lines being crossed. We had to change phone numbers twice. Well to get back to the point none of us ever saw his image again. I'm not really convinced that he ever left there though. We still heard a lot of unexplained things I even thought that I heard his voice one night. But I can not be certain if that was true. We moved out of that house in November of '98. Becca's dad got a better job offer in Tampa Florida, and we all moved down there. I stayed there with them for only about 3 months before I made my way back home. In April of '00 I met my husband, and one of his closest cousins moved into that exact house in '05. What an effin coincidence huh? I feel almost destined to be around there. Also who ever asked about who Laura was, She was one of the girls who was in the house with us the night that John died.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
Lord, Ambi, this reads about like a page out of my own childhood book.
Bellissima and KimSouthO have the monopoly on some of the questions that were going through my mind as I read through your recounting of what had happened to you.
When Kristens Mom came in you told her ALL of what happened, save for the Ouija board part? Do you mean you actually told her that you were all siting around in a room partaking of marijuana?
I have got to say that if I was in a home at twelve years old, where a man and a woman had gotten into a heated argument and one of them ended up killing themselves, or the other, I would have an EXTREMILY hard time going back to that house. I would probably have had to be bribed into the experience. Not only would I have been fighting my own inner demons at the thought of what I had witnessed, but I would be in fear of retribution from SOME source. I can well imagine the anguish that Francis went through with the reliving of that final moment with John. How horrifying.
I would like to think that John was grateful that someone had remembered him, and that was the reason that you saw the shadow at the window on the night that you filled everyone in on the "rest of the story".
Thank you.
Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
This has been stated soo many times on this Board, about the dangers of'ouija boards' that combined with pot smoking, apparently opened up you girls to this experience. Sometimes the hardest lessons we learn are the best ones, regards.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
Hi Ambi.Whew, now that's a ghost story! Very good, I really enjoyed it and as Marcink commented, very well written. A few things seem a bit off to me. Dark and stormy night, teen girls wasted, home alone making prank phone calls. I can't understand why you never told Becca the story of what happened at the house. It seems like it would be one of the first things you would tell her when you found out where she lived. Even if you simply said your friend used to live there. Had you ever heard Becca mention anything strange that had happened in her house before the party? I was thinking that John would have had good reason to be hanging around, considering the circumstances of his death, but why would it take a ouija board to have him show up? Since the cat ended up in the closet, does that imply John actually had to open the door when he went in there? How did John get out? It seems like a lot of drama, even a little comic relief when Kristen's mom had a little scare. You mention it was a teen girl party and it happened in '06.You must mean '96?Also, who's Laura? I really did enjoy reading it though.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: