You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Shadow People Back in my Life

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow People Back in my Life

 

I am terrified lately. A white van has been waiting outside of my house the past couple of weeks when I'm prompted -- for whatever reason -- to wake up at 3 a.m. It just sits there blocking my driveway and then immediately driving off when I notice it. I thought it was a person at first, but then I started having terrible nightmares -- I'm talking ones that leave me in sobbing tears when I wake up -- during the past few nights.

The most recent was a hooded man standing outside my window looking inside. He has no face, because he is a shadow figure. I asked him in the dream who he was. "No one," he said. I can feel these shadow people around me. I haven't encountered them since I was a child, and I've been reading about people's experiences with these shadow people on here, and mine is similar.

When I was a child I woke up one night to the sound of what looked like a shadow child flipping my light switch on and off (it was turned off from the ceiling, because my fan was on; it was summer). It said, "Get out now before it's worse on you..." I tried to scream but my voice was frozen, and I got out a yelp and eventually a crying scream. I also heard the whispers, and experienced the feeling of being choked. I was a kid, though. It didn't last long, but now I feel like they are back in my life.

I don't know what to do. Why would they leave for so long and then come back? What do they want? Someone please give me some answers.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ambeven, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Dear ambeven,

I am sorry I may not provide direct assistance, I can only recommend that you check the link I give you and pray. Surround yourself with holy objects, keep a bible near you, pray constantly, and keep faith in God and most importantly... Show no fear. Demons feed on fear.

Http://www.ncdemonology.org/Home_Page.php

Http://www.hpiparanormal.net/typeofhauntings.asp

Thank you for posting your frightening and terrifying story and sharing it with us. Your problem is in my prayers. God bless and take care. If you need further assistance, contact me, I am always happy to help.

Sincerely,

Francois ๐Ÿ˜
Mark09911 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-30)
1.pray every night, god will always protect you
2.tell the spirit or ghost to pleae leave

Poltergeists are the only "ghosts" that ever harm people, and even then it's usually nothing worse than bruising.

Ghosts will not haunt your dreams, keep you awake at night, Unless you're deliberately sleeping in a haunted house or camping at a haunted battleground, ghosts do not usually travel from their earthly locations to bother you
JESUSwillWIN (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-28)
Boy am I glad to hear your story because I have filed so many police reports, there just "always" seems to be a strange car driving away EVERYTIME I open the door! Some neighbors say that a weird looking man came around pretending to be a cop & he had video tape of me. I know that there's HUMAN & SPIRIT STALKERS after me. The SHADOW SPRITS tell me that there's cameras everywhere & they constantly ask me, "How does it feel to have everyone hate you?" The males come to me at night and hurt me. Please read my story "Violent Shadows & Angel Rescues". You are not alone, hang in there because YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING TO EVER DESERVE THIS.

Email: Angelorbs [at] yahoo.com
alivewell (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-23)
contact Bob Larson. Http://www.boblarson.org/contact.html
See him he can help you. Read Psalm 91 all the time. Read the Lords Prayer before bed and when you awake at 3am. Sleep with a bible. Pray, pray pray and pray some more. Go to church. Seek the kingdom of god with all of your strength, ask Jesus for help. This happened to me, even worse. They come in (fallen angels) cars and want nothing but to destroy you. Call out Jesus Christs name when you are being harrassed and never be passive or afraid! Be vigilent. There is a war going on.
NixAnnaIxnay (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-22)
I'm sorry to hear what's been happening and has happened to you. It sounds horrific,... But are you sure the van isn't a person?
The shadow person seems scary,... But at least you were able to make contact. It might've been a little worse on your psyche if you didn't. โค
HauteCouture (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-21)
I am not sure what to say about the nightmares, because I need help with those myself. In regards to the van and the shadow people, maybe the person or people in the van are trying to harm you and the shadow people are trying to tell you that. I don't know if shadow people are good or bad or can "help" someone, but it is just an idea. If I were you I would take a picture of the van every time I notice it, before the person/people have a chance to drive off. I would then call the cops and tell them. You could even take a picture with your phone, most have cameras these days, that way you can have the date as well as time documented. Just a little extra to have on your side to showl the cops. They should offer to do a steakout in hopes of catching whoever is in the van and finding out who they are and what they want. It is better safe than sorry, your safety needs to be your number one priority!
โค
marcink125 (2 stories) (27 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-18)
Frawin is right in what she said about the burglars. Sometimes burglars stalk peoples houses before they break in. The day my aunt went on vacation someone broke into her apartment an stole about ten thousand dollars worth of jewlery. And you should tell your parents about the van imediately if you haven't already. They might have seen it as well. Also try to find out if your nieghbors have seen this van.
But about the hooded figure, was it a hoodie or was it a robe, because I am very interested in these types of stories that involve beings with robes or cloaks or any beings that are very detailed distinct and beings that most people would just attribute to your imagination.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-18)
Hey Ambevan. Nice and terifying story. Don't worry. Just call a few friends over and have a sleepover or put cameras all over the place. If the cameras show nothing, then it is all your imagination. Otherwise you should call a priest and bless your house. Best of Luck!
Biemaster
Cirdan (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-18)
Try taking pictures, of have friends over. If you get anything on a picture or that if your friends also see the same as you do?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-18)
A van blocking your driveway is illegal. You could call the cops on that alone. If it were me I would also be asking some friends to stay over and then see if what I am seeing is not just a waking dream on my part. I would also be getting out a camera and taking pics of this van and keeping a record of how many times you see it. You may just have a stalker which is no joke either. You are obviously frightened and I'm sure you want to get to the bottom of this. I don't know if it has anything to do with what you saw as a kid. I too have seen shadow people as a kid but didn't make much of it considering a kid's imagination. Find out what's going on before you chalk it up to something supernatural. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-17)
Hello ambeven. I must agree with WB that this van that sits in front of your driveway is not paranormal. If I were you I would be documenting everything I could about this van and I would have definitely ALREADY called the police. I have had many experiences with the 'SHADOW MAN' but never have I heard a sound come out of 'HIM' nor have I ever heard of anyone else hearing any sounds come from these beings. Your experience must be a unique one!

SHELBY ๐Ÿ˜Š
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
You should consider getting your house blessed by a priest. It helped me... For awhile.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Hello ambeven. Your immediate concern should be the van parked in your driveway at night. I feel it is most definite humans in it that is up to no good. I don't know about up in Michigan but down here in Tennessee vans are favorite vehicles of burglars. Have you been under a lot of stress before this started taking place. People deal with stress in a lot of strange ways. I know that when I'm stressed out I can't sleep too well and when I do manage to get to sleep I have some God awful nightmares that seem so real. Listen to whitebuffalo and she can help you,she's one smart lady. Take care and I'll be praying for you.

FRAWIN ๐Ÿ˜Š
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Ok now that I understand everything ๐Ÿ˜.I hope you email me soon then I will try my best to help out. Thanks Wb for trying. It realy means a lot to me. I hope your computer stops going crazy on you. It has happened to me and I hate it. I hope to hear from (the both of you) soon and take care ๐Ÿ˜
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
It's ok whitebuffalo. I have sent mine back to you too. Thanks for trying again
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
I just went through all of my e-mail boxes and could not find one sent back to me. I searched in all of the folders, and all I could find is the one that I had initially sent off to you, so I went ahead and resent it to you to see what would happen, Tammy. Sorry about all of this ๐Ÿ˜Š
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
I know that you need answers, ambeven, but unfortunately, for right now I only have a few questions for you.
I will start out with the ones I have about when you were a child. You state that you had a childlike shadow person who would play with your light switch. I was just wondering if you could "color him in a bit"? If you could describe what this child shadow LOOKED like? I DO have a specific reason for asking, but I will wait for that answer first.
Also, the shadow people that visited you as a child, were you able to COMMUNICATE with THEM?
I ask THAT question as you were able to communicate with the one here recently through your dream. I was curious if while you were a child if there was any form of open communication.
I am confused as to why it would tell you "No one", for two reasons. One- I do not think I have read a story on here yet where the person who viewed a shadow person got to talk to it, (I have not had a personal experience with The Shadows, but I have researched them) and two- I wonder why it would not provide identification?
As for the vehicle in your drive. I feel that is a completely HUMAN visitor. What I would suggest is documenting EVERY time you see this vehicle, the time in which you witness it being removed (Sorry, Anthony, I have no idea, do you live by yourself?) and contact your local law enforcement personnel. I think that could have the potential for being a dangerous situation.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Whitebuffalo, I sent a response back to the message I received from you so it's the address you e-mailed me from.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Sorry, ๐Ÿ˜ณ I meant I will get to YOUR story soon, ambeven ๐Ÿ˜‰. I have a four year old playing his guitar in my ear, and I could not concentrate on what I was writing, thus all the mistakes in that last comment. ๐Ÿ˜†

I WILL be back, though!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Hello Rhodes68 and ChrisB,
I am sorry, I have not as of yet received the e-mail. It is a possible problem with my computer as just the other day it send out a forwarded message to just about everyone on my address list. ๐Ÿ˜Š I think the computer may have a mind of it's own and is sharing some of my non-personal mails off to places unknown. I will keep checking in on the mail, uh- Tammy, which e-mail did you use?
I will get to your story soon, Chris, I have to hunt down some mail! ๐Ÿ˜†
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Hi Tammy. I haven't got anything yet. I was wondering what happened. Maybe Wb hasnt sent it yet or possibly something wrong is with my email. But It works so I don't know what happened. If anything changes let me know. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Sorry Ambeven, Chris, I have sent an e-mail to WB and asked her to send it to you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Hi I have to agree with rhodes here. I think the fear you are living in is starting to cause to many problems. I for sure believe that the van is a serious problem. If It is a ghost then its not that much of a problem but if it is a person well you must notify the police right away. A person can kill, ghost cant. I think you should listen to Rhodes and notify right away. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Ambeven hi. You seem to be in a state of complete terror which is understandable considering there's someone following you but I would suggest that you try to control your fears since things we do in panic are not always the wisest.

I won't try to question your claim that you had shadow people scaring you in the past-there's no reason for me to do that but isn't it possible that this once, your fear is making you misinterprete things?

The van in your driveway is alarming but isn't it possible that it is driven by a living human-being who, either wishes to send you some kind of warning, or is checking to see how he can burglarize your home? Could it be friends playing a trick on you?

How about calling the police next time you see it or going down to the police station to fill in a report? If the authorities learn about this stalking, they might have some suggestions for you or even send help.

In either case, try to remain calm. I think the dreams you've been having recently are a result of your panic or, at least, I hope so.

Keep us posted and take care of yourself.
XTC_Dreaming (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Shadow people are pretty much echos of people that once lived and have now taken a shape of there own.
There is a way to get rid of them that I can't tell you right now.
They are attracted to certain people or things and locations for unknown reasons.
If I had more information I could probably be of more help...
Warblaze (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
I have experienced these shadowed figures as well. The ones I have experienced never came indoors though, I had always seen them while camping or out while riding my 4wheeler at night. They disappear into tree lines, will throw things at me etc. I have heard whispers but never full blown conversations, sorry I can't be of any help. I enjoy embracing these experiences and making the apparitions just as uncomfortable as they make me, do not give them the power of fear over you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: