You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

My Hauntings

 

I've mentioned before that I've always felt like I was haunted. I don't understand it nor do I want to, I've been doing fine without knowing for 25 years. Before I begin I will tell you more about myself. I believe in everything, I believe that there are lost souls who wander this earth, I believe that the devil can sway your thoughts, I believe that there are a few number of people who can tell you of your past, present and future with just a look. Growing up I was always obsessed with the paranormal, I'd read anything about the subject.

I am going to share a few incidents that have happened to me, and to this day I still can't figure it out. (My fiancé is the nephew of my dad's girlfriend, and at one point we both lived with them for about 6 months)

1. My fiancé was packing (he sometimes had to go to different cities in Texas to work) and we were at my dad's girlfriends house. History about the house was that two brothers owned the house and there was a murder-suicide and now the house is somewhat haunted. Well he was on the couch going through his things and I was on the love seat with his cousin, who was 13 at the time. I was painting her toenails and so the way that we were seated on the couch, I was on the actual part of the couch and she was seating on the arm, facing me.

We were all talking and all of a sudden you could see this black form floating down the hall. It looked as if it was on the wall, but either way we all saw it. My fiancé said "oh that's just a shadow of a rat", but there was no way that it could have been a rat. His cousin and I were kind of shocked; she told me that when she was little that she would always see this man, but as she got older she stopped seeing him. She said that she never saw anything like that before and it kind of scared her. The form was not a human shape, more of a blob.

We all kind of sat there and I told my fiancé to go see where it went if it was just a rat, needless to say he didn't want to check.

2. Another incident happened at the same house, my dad and his girlfriend were at a benefit for someone who died, all four of her kids were home, 3 were in their bedroom playing video games and another was in the shower. My fiancé had been out of town, and since it was just us there my dad locked the house up, burglar bars, the main gate outside.

From my dad's room I could see who came in and out of the boys' bedroom, the littlest one who's 6, left the room and came running back saying "Jenny, James is home but he won't talk to me, he's standing at the door, but he won't talk to me". I knew that there was no way that anyone could come in, so I asked him to show me where he was and I followed him into the living room and he pointed right to the sliding door area (known to be where a man was killed, also where the grandfather had died).

I asked him to show me what "James" was doing and he stood with his back turned, hands on his hips and started laughing. I asked him why he was laughing and he said "that's what 'James' was doing", I told him that there was no one there, but he was insistent about him being there, he kept asking me "why was he laughing at me, why didn't 'James' want to look at me?" I couldn't answer that and it's crazy because he said that man looked like my fiancé from the back.

I told my dad's girlfriend about what happened and she told me that all of her kids have seen this "man" but soon forget when they reach about 12 years old. She told me that she never seen the man, only a small child, which is what the next incident is about.

3. Late one night my fiance and I were watching TV, my dad and his girlfriend were at a party, 2 out of the 4 kids were away at sleepovers. The only ones there that night were me, my fiance, the 6 year old and the 8 year old. It was about 1:30 am, and suddenly this little boy appeared in the hallway, he was very pale, dark hair, big brown eyes, he had on those blue fleece pajamas with the footies. I asked him "Baby, what's the matter?" thinking it was the 6 year old, my fiance looked over and asked me who was I talking to? "Stevie (not his real name) was there", and out of nowhere he was gone, my fiance got up to check to see what was going on because there was no way that "Stevie" could have gotten off the bunk bed by himself, he calls for someone to get him when he wants to get off.

My fiance came back and told me that they were both asleep, that somehow it was a reflection from the TV. I doubt that, but I know what I saw, and for a brief second I saw that little boy.

There are a lot other stories that have been told to me about that house, but I don't feel it's my right to share those stories, I do however have some more stories regarding the trailer, so I will try and post some more as soon as I find the time!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jennifertorres, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
im glad I might have been able to help you with experiences since you've been married and its good that it might have stopped when you asked it to. I find this story very interesting too. I believe a lot of things that you said in the beginning, the only thing I don't totally agree with is people who can tell you your past present and future. I believe that if God wanted you to know he would give every individual that gift.

Anyways I am very interested in the paranormal myself. I believe my house is haunted, but I am never really scared... Just sometimes a lil wary and freaked out by some things that has happened. My whole family acknowledges a "ghost" in the house and so I never feel crazy telling them stuff that happens. It seems my mom has had the most experiences because she doesn't work and is home all day watching my little baby while I'm working. If you'd like to hear some of my stories just ask because I'm on this site a lot!

Take care and happy new year!
killingkilgore (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-29)
Wow, that man standing in the cornor is really creepy. Does your dad still live there? If so, are things still going on? (I apologize if you've answered this before, I don't have time to read the other comments.) Please do share your other stories, this one was great. I also think it's hilarious how most men try to pass these supernatural things off as nothing. Anyway, thank you so much for sharing! Write again soon!
jennifertorres (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-18)
Flutterofwings, you make a very interesting point, how the "child" could actually be the man. As far as the theory about it being a rat, I want to say that "NO" it wasn't but I don't want to rule it out. I seriously don't see how a rat could cause that big of a shadow though. I would like to be honest and say that they "girlfriend" doesn't mind being "haunted". To each their own. My fiance has given me the permission to post his story, so if you will all just hang in there I will get it out! Thanks so much for all the advice you guys, it's been helpful!

❤ Jen
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-17)
Considering how many events I would venture to say the place is haunted. You all had episodes so you can't all be imagining it. I think when there has been a murder/suicide deal the trauma ends up implanted in the space it happened but this would be residual like a tape playing over and over with no intelligence to it. It would be happening whether anyone was there to witness it or not. That's what it sounds like to me a residual haunting. Still scary though.
Josh (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-17)
Great story! I really enjoyed reading it and look forward to more experiences from you! 😉
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
I feel there is an evil entity here in this house, and it's not the Grandfather that died. Perhaps could be the one that was killed. That since this entity knows your afraid of the man that has been seen by the child, would then come to you as a child. There fore you be less likely to be, afraid of a child then an adult.

Children and animals seemed to be the ones that entities come to first. They react just as it happens, animals hide or bark or meow, and a child will tell it like it is. Where as adults many times, we try to second guess it. Like "It's a shadow of a rat". But the child told you what it was.

Could be an entity from long ago, that happen maybe not in this house, but something else that may of been on the land.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
Hello again Jennifer. I will give my opinion now that you've asked for it 😊. The first incident could have been one of two things. It could have been a shadow creature, many people have reported seeing them in all different shapes and sizes. Here is a link that explains them- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people
Or it could have been "a shadow of a rat". Depending on the time of day or the angle of light hitting an object, it's shadow can be extremely large or extremely small.
The second incident I feel is a residual haunting of the man who had the heart attack. I believe that the six year old mistook his gasping for air for laughing. He only saw him from the back, so he didn't see any facial expressions. I know that when my dad had his heart failure years ago, he gasped for breath making a sound similar to a laugh.
The third would be harder to explain. Was there a house on the land before this one was built? The boy could be attached to the land somehow, although I doubt it. I think he may be "lost" and just looking for a place to fit in. You need to tell the "girlfriend" that she needs to help him towards the Light since she can feel him and hear him. He needs to be on the Other Side with his family.

FRAWIN 😊 ❤
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
Hey Jennifer! Thanks for sharing the story with us. It was very spine thrilling! Sorry I can't suggest anything. Anyway, Best of luck!
Biemaster
jennifertorres (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
Oh Frawin, tell me what you think... Everyone has theories and I am open to hear what you have to say!
jennifertorres (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
Ok well let me give you the details that I know about the house (don't quote me). The house was built around the 50's, like I said, two brothers owned the house and there was a dissagreement on who would live there. The younger brother ended up shooting the older brother, than obviously shot himself. After that, the house was bought in the early 60's by my dad's girlfriends parents. The dad also had a heart attack and died where the sliding door was (the place where the little boy "saw" my fiance). I have spoken with the girlfriend about some sort of cleansing and she's told me that she did it once, but never really followed thru. She also has expierenced the little boy, pulling on her shirt, calling her name, things like that. My fiance and I don't live there anymore, which is fine with me, as far as my fiance goes, he doesn't really like to talk about what happens there. I wish he would post his stories, he has some awesome ones! We all can understand the "men" in the house but we're still unsure of where the little boy comes in. There have been stories told to me about that house, but I don't know if I should post them because they are not my stories to tell. I do think that there is some creepy things in the house, because of strange noises and such. Also, in the hispnic culture, we are taught about "La Chusa". She is a supposed witch who whistles, and if you whistle back than that could mean real trouble. I'm up in the air about that though. Anyway, there is always the owls in the backyard, whistling. If you know Houston, than you would know that there is no quiet place, those owls are there for something...don't know what. They circle the house and never leave, even in the summer they still hang around. If you ever go outside, they follow you, like they are perfectly still but yet seem to follow you. Well I will try and get some more stories on here, I hope that you all take care.

❤ Jen
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
Hi Jennifer. In the second line of your story you stated -"I don't understand it nor do I want to, I've been doing fine without knowing for 25 years..."- so I won't bore you with any of my theories or observations 😊. I will just say that I enjoyed it very much and thank you for sharing it with us. I will be looking forward to your future stories. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
Hi Jennifer. I realy liked your story. It sounds like your place realy is haunted. Maybe there is portal that the ghosts may cross over. There seems to be a lot of activity going on there. I think your Fiance is trying his best not to scare you. But I think he too sees that the place is haunted. HAve you tried takeing photographs. Maybe you will catch something. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
jennifertorres,

I would be interested in knowing if you find any photos of the two that died in the house. I find it strange that the little one in #2 thought that the figure looked like your fiance. SCARY!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Hi jennifer. That sounds like a really active place. Has anyone ever checked the history of the house and land?There's certainly more going on than the 2 brothers hanging around, if that is some of it. As rhodes suggested, try a cleansing.Doesn't your fiance see anything there? What does he have to say about it.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Wow! That was a creepy account jennifer especially the boy's description of "James" with his back turned, not speaking to him. You haven't given much info concerning the murder-suicide but it seems that there is indeed some presence in that house. I'm not sure though if they are different ones and not just one manifesting in different ways.

I might be very wrong in saying that but I don't like your description of James and even more, him deliberately terrorizing the little boy; there's something almost evil in the way the boy described him...

Have your dad and his girlfriend considered cleansing the house?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: