You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Fun and Games

Real Ghost Stories

Fun and Games

 

As I mentioned in my previous story, Foul Smelling Thing, I lived in California. However, I failed to mention that the house I moved into is indeed quite haunted. The ghosts in this house aren't too bad. Harmless actually, compared to the thing that resides in my parents' old house in Calgary.

We have recently moved into a new place, and over the past few months I have been keeping track of some things that go on in the house.

I noticed that every day around 5:30-6:00 at night, the toilet in the main floor bathroom will flush by itself. One night while making dinner, Geri (my fiancΓ©) went to the bathroom. (This was sometime between 5-6pm). She told me that while she was in there, she felt the temperature drop quite a few degrees, and the hair on her neck stood up. She closed the door and was just about to do her business when the toilet flushed very spontaneously on its own. After it flushed she mentioned she felt a cool breeze blow past her (Keep in mind there are no windows in this bathroom) and the temperature returned to normal.

My brother is still living with us, and we figure that his room is the most haunted in the house. He hasn't exactly been lucky with his rooms. (If you read my last story you would know what I'm talking about.) He says that on occasion, he will be woken up to his bed moving very gently back and forth. Other times he'll feel a weight at the foot of his bed as if someone had sat down. When he gets home from school he will head straight up to his room to do his studies and crank his stereo. He says that the CD's will change tracks for no reason, or the volume is being messed with. He'll get up to go fix the problem, and when he turns around, his books and homework are on the floor. The poor guy has been through so much that I think he's learned to just brush it off and ignore it. But then again often times I can hear him upstairs cursing in frustration with "something..."

Those are the experiences Geri and my little brother deal with, but as for me, I have had a different experience.

One night I was out in the garage working on my bikes. I had a big race that weekend so I wanted to make sure everything was working properly. I was waiting for my mechanic to come by so he could take a look and see if I had missed anything. When he arrived he came in and asked me who the little girl was sitting on my front step. I thought it might have been one of the neighbor's kids or something, so I got up to go see. When I looked around the corner towards my front steps, nobody was there. But there was a little pink ball sitting at the bottom of the steps. I grabbed it and took it to the house a few doors down and left it on their porch. I figured it was one of their kids'.

Me and Grant worked on the bikes for a little while and we stopped to break for a beer. We were talking about the race coming up and who was going to be there, and who's going to be tough competition, when we heard a giggle come from the driveway. We got up and checked to see if anyone was there, but there was nobody to be seen. We walked back into the garage and there, sitting beside my toolbox was a little pink ball. Grant and I looked at each other and agreed something quite out of the ordinary was going on.

We left the ball where it was as we finished the inspections on the bikes, and after Grant left, I picked up the ball and kicked it into the back yard. The ball stays in the same place, except when I mow the lawn. Whenever the ball gets moved it always ends up back in the same spot in the back yard.

We figure that a little girl used to live here, and she continues to play and cause trouble, even when we're there.

We don't mind her, although she can be a trouble maker at times. Messing with Chris' stereo, playing with my theater system, misplacing Geri's make up.

In fact we quite enjoy having her around, she brightens everyone's day.

Other hauntings by metalhed16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, metalhed16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Josh (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-16)
oh sorry dude... I meant your old house in Calgary! 😁
have been to the stampede often in the past... Always a good time! Lol
Tino (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
Good story, yeah kind of similar to mine. But the little girl in your house seems like she's happy and playful. The girl that lived in my old house seemed sad and frustrated...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
Hello metalhed16,
I see at the end of your story you say that you all rather enjoy having this little girl around. Then in your comments you say that she can be bothersome. And a bit later you say that you think you may have been able to get through to her. I was going to suggest allowing her to know that all of her loved ones are waiting for her, and all she needs to do is to walk towards the light and into her loved ones arms. But it sounds as if you have a pretty good handle on things.
Thank you.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
In response to ChrisB:

Yes we've been praying like crazy these past few weeks... I just published another story about her and I hope it'll be posted soon. I think we managed to get through to her.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Hi Metalhead. Glad to hear from you again! You shared another amazing story with us and I thank you for that. I feel a little sad for that girl but for some reason I think she wants to stay. Since you and your Fiance share your kindness to the spirit she thinks she is at home. She is treating you two like good friends and I bet you two like her very much. I to am a christian and I'm glad that you pray for this lost soul but you need to keep on praying. You need to help her cross over. Although the spirit thinks there is a lot of fun here she does not understand that there is a better place for her. Try showing the girl the light. I realy liked your story and thank you for sharring it. I hope to hear from youi soon and take care
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
In response to rhodes68:

Yes, my fiance and I are aware that she needs to cross over... As stong christians we've been trying our best to guide her to where she needs to be.

We also think that she may have died in sin... So until we convince her to ask the Lord for fogiveness, she may not cross over for quite some time.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
In response to Tonith:

As a Christian, I personally believe that spirits do not take the form of whatever they want to. They take the form of whtever age they were when they died... Unfortunately something unfortunate happened to this little girl. This is a sign that the girl may have been killed out of anger and sin (maybe even suicide)...and for some reason she hasn't been able to cross over.

That is what I am taught, and what my personal beliefs are... But everyone has their own opinion
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
In response to KimSouthO:

As you most likely have read in one of my stories my fiance and I are very strong christians...we've been praying and asking the Lord to accept her and take her in to where she belongs. No success yet, but she still is pretty bothersome.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
In response to Josh:

Are you talking about the calgary stampede? It happens every July right in the saddledome parking lot.

http://calgarystampede.com/

this site has all of the information you need! Make sure you check it out
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
It always makes me sad to hear of ghost children. There is just something not right about that phenomenon. I can't imagine a child being stuck between worlds and not being aware of it, its too freaky. I sometimes wonder if spirits can project any form they choose? Any thoughts on this?
Josh (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
Dude...you're going to have to let me know where that place is in Calgary! I live in Medicine Hat and visit Calgary often! Would just like to know where it is!

Awesome stories by the way!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
It is sad that for some reason this little girl has not been able to cross over, something is holding her here.

Try talking with her. Tell her to go to the light where she will have people to play with and will find peace and be able to be with loved ones. I would think she would be very lonely.

God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-04)
Thanks for another interesting story Metalhed16;it's always a relief to hear that not all ghosts or spirits are menacing.

I was wondering though, do you think the little girl willingly comes back and enjoys being around or, maybe, she could be lost and unable to find her way to the light? To my understanding, a little girl would rather be with her family (provided that they are also deceased) than anywhere else although she might be attached to the house you reside.

She left he ball on the porch to let her existence been known and also to show that she wishes to play with you, meaning she's lonely-just a guess.

Maybe she needs your help to cross?

What makes you certain that it's the same spirit who flushes the toilet and misplaces make-up? It could be a different one. Remember that not only youngsters are playful.
littlelaura33 (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-04)
Oh what a little gem! Bless that little girl and you. She maybe has moved on if nothing is happening any more. ❀ 😁 πŸ˜†
ghostluver1523 (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
I think it would be cool to have someone around my houselike that thanks for sharing
muahh (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
were you guys actually able to talk to her? How does she look like? If there's anything that really freaks me out, it's ghost children because they can be really playful and that makes it even more scary! 😨

a swell story metal... Do post some more stories of her 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: