You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sat by a Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Sat by a Ghost

 

I don't remember what month it was, but I remember I was only 8 or 9 years old, and my father had to leave town for the night. Since I am the youngest child, I was chosen to sleep with my mother for the night since she can't sleep on her own. That night, she slept on my father's side while I slept on my mother's side. I was kind of scared to sleep on her side since she gets sit on by a ghost every now and then.

Well, that night I slept fine. The next early morning, my mother woke me up while she was getting out of bed. I heard her left to the bathroom, so I just laid in bed trying to go back to sleep. Less than five minutes, I felt like something was coming towards, and all of a sudden I felt a hand creeping towards my stomach. Right then, I tried to get up as quick as I could, but couldn't move. I tried to call for my mom and I tried to move but couldn't. So I gave up, because I knew there was no way he/she would get off of me.

About a few minutes later, I felt the heaviness off of my body. I was so scared I got up and left the room. I told my mother about what happened and she laughed. She then told me that I got sat on because I was sleeping on her side and they (the ghost) thought I was my mother. After she told me, I went and slept in my room.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Choua, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Choua - a good friend of mine is Hmong and he related to me the same experiences that you had, about an entity sitting on his chest when sleeping. I explained to him my own experiences (I wrote "My History with Sleep Paralysis on this site) and he immediately stopped suffering from episodes. Whether you like it or not, it is so easy to believe what your family tells you, especially your mother. I suppose that is how we carry on family traditions so well. Interestingly, he told me many stories about shaman helping to remove evil entities from some of his family members.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Hi Choua. I have to agree with FRAWIN. I believe that you had a "sleep episode" brought on by fear and that your mother possibly had "sleep paralysis". OR, you may have been sat on by a ghost! If it were happening to me, I would not have my child sleep in the bed to experience something scary like that.

😊
SHELBY ❤
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
I agree with KimSouthO

If I put my young child in a position where they will be terrified... I would feel guilty and ashamed... Dunno what to think...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
Honestly I don't know if this is the power of suggestion or sleep paralysis or some kind of waking dream brought on by your prior knowledge of the situation. Also you said it usually happened when someone passed away. I'm assuming this was not the reason when it happened to you. After my bother passed away all three of us sisters felt someone sit on our beds at times. We didn't even discuss it until we were adults and we were all surprised to find out we all experienced it. It was not frightening at all for any of us. Just a little weird but we seemed to accept it without fear. I think the trick is not to fear it.
FRAWIN (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
Hmmmm... This gives babysitting a whole new meaning 😆.
All kidding aside, if I was to venture a "guess" at what happened it would be an "sleep episode" (not necessarily Sleep Paralysis) brought on by fear and your expectations. Apparently your mother suffered from sleep paralysis, that was "explained" away as being sat on by a ghost. You being the youngest got volunteered to sleep with her and having the fertile imagination of a eight year old got what you expected.
This is my explanation but who knows you could have got sat on by a ghost. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Choua (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
I am not sure if she still gets sit on anymore, but it usually happens after a close family member passes away. The reason why she said it happens is because if someone mourns for their loved ones death, it's kind of like bugging their soul so they can't rest.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
hmmmmmm. If this occurance was happening to me regularly, I certainly would not ut my child in the position to have it happen to them. I am a bit confused by this.

God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
Choua, hi and thanks for sharing your experience.

I'm very surprised by your mum's response to your experience since most of us would have been unhappy about the encounter, let alone her asking you to sleep in her bed when all this is happening!

I don't know if you've had other experiences since. Has she ever attempted to deal with the situation or is she still "comfortable" with her visitor?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: