You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Friend Comes Back in Dreams

Real Ghost Stories

Friend Comes Back in Dreams

 

I truly believe that here is life after death and that your loved ones come to you in many different ways. This story is about a friend of mine that passed away and how he came to me in several dreams.

I was a Freshman when Jose and I began dating. He was such an amazing person, always smiling and making everyone laugh. We dated for a couple of months and after a while realized that it wasn't going to work out between us so we broke up. We didn't talk too much after we broke up. I would see him from time to time but we would say much to each other.

The last time I saw him was when I was walking to one of my classes. I hadn't seen him in a while. I remember saying to him, "What you can't say hi anymore"? He smiled his usual smile and went on his way. I didn't know that would be the last time I would see him.

Monday, March 24th 2003 I get a phone call from my friend telling me that Jose had been hit by a car and that he probably wouldn't make it. My mom called all the hospitals in our town to see how he was doing. She finally found the hospital and spoke to his brother. Jose was gone. I cried so much. I just couldn't believe he was really gone.

About month after his death is when I began having dreams about him. The first dream I had of him took place at the community that I lived at. He told me that he was ok and for not to cry for him anymore. He was being his usual smiley self.

The next dream I had of him took place right before my Quincenera (Mexican version of a sweet 16). In the dream we were at my Qincenera and he was hanging out with us and having a good time. I knew all along that he was dead in my dream but that didn't seem to bother me.

The last dream I had of him kind of scared me a bit. In the dream we were having a second funeral for him. I was standing in a room right next where the casket would be placed. They began to bring him in and they placed the casket so that his back was toward me. All of a sudden a heard a cell phone ring and it was his and he answered it. I was in total shock. I remember asking my mom why he was doing this. At that point a man walked up to Jose and Jose began to cry and touched the man's face. Jose lay back down and I again asked my mom why he was doing that. As I said that Jose got up and turned around and looked right at me and then I woke up.

I don't know what exactly these dreams meant but they felt so real. It felt as if he was really trying to communicate with me. It has been several years since I have had those dreams and I can still remember them perfectly. It's been 5 years since Jose death and I miss him dearly. I truly believe that he was trying to let me know that he is still with us in spirit.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, drea2006, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

miss_sherbert (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
I think he is trying to tell you that he is ok and he might be crossing over soon he might already be crossed over if you have any more dreams of him then that might be him coming to tell you he is ok, and that he wanted to say hi or he misses you! (just something to think of if the dreams occure again)
Hope you have sweet dreams.
~miss sherbert 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
Hello, drea2006.
It would sound to me as if the second funeral dream seems to have jolted you, but I think it was meant to do the opposite. I really think this was HIS way of voicing a formal "good-bye". You have not had the dreams since, and I would think that proof positive.
You really have to be careful about dreams, though. Some times they are simply very realistic dreams, or dreams which seem to tell a tale. Other times, they are truly visitations.
Thank you.
Scott_Hillyer (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
I can honestly say that that's really great of him to communicate with you like that, but what I don't exactly understand (but I agree with) is the "crossing over" part. Will somebody explain exactly what that means?
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
Very interesting. I put some stock in dreams. Too many people in my family have had prophetic dreams not to recognize the possibility of some form of communication in them.

THanks for sharin gthis.
Snags67 (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
I have occasional dreams of someone I had worked with that past away last year. He tends to show up in the weirdest dreams and we smile at each other and wave. I like to think he is just popping in to say Hey!
Peace!
drea2006 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
First of all I would like to thank everyone for sharing your stories and your kind comments. It had never occured to me that the second funeral was Jose way of letting me know that he was ready to cross over. It really makes me happy to know that he is in a better place and is no longer suffering. I will always miss him! ❤
Drea2006
gsi0leader (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
I am very sorry for what happened to Jose. I too have experienced a loss of someone dear to me.
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Hello,

I am so sorry for your loss. This was a truly sad story. I agree with everyone else's comments below on how the second funeral meant he was getting ready to cross over.

take care
poltergeist567 (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
I am sorry about the loss of your friend. I have to say that I am glad that you have not freaked out about this. This is his only way to comunicate with you. He's telling you that he's ready to cross over and wants to say goodbye to you before he does.

God Bless you
And God bless his soul
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Hi drea2006. First off, I'm trully sorry for your loss;it's never easy losing a dear friend. I suppose he came to you in that first dream to say that he is no longer in pain and that he's ok and, in the second, like Kim said, to show you that he was ready to cross over to the other side. I also think that because you were distant after the breaking up he wished to show you that he was not emotionally indifferent but simply taking his time to get over the disappointment. It would have to take a special kind of love to bring a deceased boy back just to say goodbye.

Cherish his memory as he would have wanted you and always keep a special place in your heart for him.

I think he will be there when you need him, to protect you and comfort you.

God Bless his soul
JerseyGirl (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
Hello, drea2006. I too have had similar dreams like the ones you described. After my boyfriend died (of complications following a bypass operation) he came to me in a dream and told me not to grieve for him, that he was happy where he now was. Some time later I had another dream where he came to me, this time in the company of another man. I asked him if the man was his brother. Before he answered me, I woke up. Not too long after I had that dream I heard that his brother (whom I'd never met) had recently died in Ireland.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
It sounds to me as if the second funeral in your dream was letting you know he was ready to cross over. He was making his journey. Although he may peak in form time to time he is at peace, this was meant to convey that.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: