You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Saw Someone in my Parent's Room

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw Someone in my Parent's Room

 

When I was a little girl, three years old to be exact, I fell asleep in my parents' room while watching a movie, I awoke some hours later, and if I remember correctly it was about 3 A.M. And the t.v had been turned off, as well as all the lights.

Then I thought I heard the door open, thinking it was my mom or cat (my dad was at work and all my siblings where asleep) I didn't say anything, I just sat up. I saw a flash of light and something appeared in front of the door and it gave of light, pure blinding light. I realized later that it was a woman.

She was tall with a content smile on her face, a beautiful gown long lose brownish-red hair, and bright eyes. She smiled at me, but being the little girl I was, I hid under the covers and shook with fear, I heard a sound, it sounded like someone speaking but I don't remember what she said (it's been about ten years).

Soon after I heard the bathroom door open and being a curious little thing I got up and went into the bathroom, following the Spirit.

When I reached the bathroom she stood in the center and looked back at me one more time and said something along the lines of "you're a special one" then she left my little confused mind and me alone.

I ran out of the bedroom and down the stairs as fast as I could to the living room where my mom was playing on the computer,

I told her something like:

"Mommy! Mommy! I saw a ghost! Mommy! I'm scared! The-the ghost... she-she... I saw a ghost!"

My mom just told me that I was probably dreaming and to go back to bed. I did as told only this time I made sure I had my teddy bear.

I still don't know who she was or what effect she had on my life but I'll tell you, that's one thing you never forget.

One thing I don't understand is "why?" Why did the beautiful spirit appear to me?

~Candie

Other hauntings by Candiegirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Candiegirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
I think she was a very kind person in life, like any mom, aunt, older sister - just checking in on a very young one - the fact that you saw her made her say what she said and without a fuss she was gone...
Candiegirl (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
Lolita, thanks for the comment! I really appretaite you taking the time to comment it!

XO Candie ❤ 😆
lolita (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-04)
i have a strong feeling that she was an angel, it sounds like she came just for you and you've never seen her before so it kind of makes sense, nice story 😁
Candiegirl (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-14)
Yet again thanks to you all how've comented I hope You know how sirriousely I take these, Thanks SO much

Candie ❤ 😆
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
Hello Candiegirl,
I, too, wonder about your recollection of all of these facts from the age of three. Details like the time would be difficult for a small child to remember, but then a conversation with a ghost may linger.
"You're a special one" could mean SOOOO much. Special because you could see her? Special because you could hear her? Special because you followed her? Special in a way that has nothing to do with her?
I do not have these answers. It is just too bad that there is not a time machine created that we could go back to the time when you were three and ask her.
Thank you.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
Very cool! The woman must have been sent down to look over all of the small children, she could have lost many of her own, and that's why she appeaered. I believe sometimes that happens.
Candiegirl (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
Thanks guys, I really don't know what it was but I really apretiate what you guys told me, it really helps put the puzzle together... I remember at first the feeling was pure fear then it was peace, a whole lot of peace...

Candie 😕
chingyvang (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Maybe your guardian angel? Well my little brother had a similar experience, except that he got scared and he only saw the long white dress trailing behind the door
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Well I realy liked your story. I did find it odd that you remembered everything so detailed at such a youg age but some people do have good memory. Well If this story is true and something is telling me that it IS true then maybe this was an angel. Do you remember how you felt other then the fear? Thanks for sharring. I hjope to hear from you soonn and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: