You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost in the Bathroom

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost in the Bathroom

 

My next story takes place at work... I work in a call center for the local cable company, which will remain nameless, and we outsource for our cleaning crew, or janitors. Most of them, with the exception of Catalina, do NOT speak English. They all wear the same thing, light blue shirts with black pants for the girls, and grey shirts with khakis, (yes, this is important).

Another important thing is our door to the bathroom is heavy! I am a big girl, and it's hard for me to push it open, especially when it gets stuck! It also makes this loud creaking noise when it opens and a hard loud bang when it shuts, (yes this is also important).

I had to use the potty before my shift, (as usual). I went into the bathroom and standing by the trash can was one of the cleaning girls, blue shirt black pants, it looked like Catalina, so I said "hello!", and went into a stall. I thought to myself it was odd for her to be changing a trash bag so early, (7:15ish), we had only been open since 6, there couldn't have been THAT MUCH trash. But whatever, I brushed it off.

I was washing my hands and notice that Cat was gone, maybe she is in the hall, (that leads to the bathroom exit), texting, she did this OFTEN! So when I got around the corner she was not there. Again, I simply brushed it off, maybe maintenance just fixed the door, and I didn't hear her leave.

But, when I opened the door there was the signature loud creak! "OOOOOKAYYY", I thought. I went to my desk and started to open my e-mails to get some cleared before I had to start the day. But this incident just bothered me. I started to ask around if anyone felt "weird" in the bathroom, like I always felt, but I just thought it was me.

Finally I asked one woman who has been here for 8 years, she told me ever since the "accident" she has seen an apparition and felt "odd" in/near or even thinking about using the bathroom here. I found this interesting, I asked her to tell me what happened, but she refused, (at this point I was pissed, why say anything if you're not going to tell me!).

About a week goes by and the eerie feeling is there, but nothing else. Then it happened again, saw her standing by the trash, then she vanished. Frustrated I went to my co-worker again, (her and I are pretty close, so I felt fine with what I did next), I looked at her and asked her to tell me about the accident again, and again she declined. So, I begged! I just pleaded until she caved, (took me like 20 minutes, but she loves me). This happened with Cat's TWIN sister, Anya.

Anya was cleaning up the water from a toilet that overflowed, as she exited a stall she slipped on a wad of toilet paper, fell back hit her head on the door, then the toilet, then lastly the floor. Amazingly enough she got up and said she was fine, (so everyone thought). She went to the hospital and they said she was fine. She went home to take a nap because she had a killer headache, and she never woke up. She had brain damage and hemorrhaging in her head, (can you say malpractice law-suit for the hospital!).

This happened about 4 years ago, and many people have seen Anya, but she never talks... I think she is stuck here, not aware that she died. I've attempted to contact her, but she doesn't seem to notice anyone at all. I've got strong medium abilities, and I don't think she can't hear me, but I think she just can't accept what happened to her, at least not right now...

Until next time!

Other hauntings by StaceyRe2003

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, StaceyRe2003, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-06)
Oh wow. I hope to GOD I never die at my job and become "suck" there. I'd be creating mail merges and painting jazz shoes for all eternity.

ANYWAY: I enjoyed your story and hope to see more posts from you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Yep, I agree with Martin. Things are so much easier now a days. Oh, sigh.

OR, StaceyRe2003,
She could be a residual haunting. (sorry, I just looked up at the comments and see that Rhodes has also offered this explanation.) If she is a residual haunt, then she would NOT hear you.
Just because you happened to have posted that you have "strong medium abilities", I have a question for you. Can you, while trying to contact a spirit that you see, determine just by trying to communicate with them if they are an air recorded sighting? I do not know how to really word the question, but is there a different FEEL to a residual and an intelligent haunt?
To me, I would think that the residual would feel almost empty. There is no one to contact, as they are not present, so therefore I would think that you could feel no emotional attachment to the viewing.
Thank you.
RoseForEmily (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
Anya probably doesn't know, and is just doing what her job is. Maybe she needs time to accept the fact that she's dead, that she didn't wake up.
It could also be what rhodes68 mentioned.

Thanks for sharing Anya's story.
StaceyRe2003 (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Seeing is believing, and most people won't believe what they haven't seen... YET! Take my fiance... He was SHOVED down the steps one day, and he thought his brother did it, (they were like 8 & 11 (age)). Only to find out he was the ONLY one home... And he still doesn't believe!
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
That's freaky, but kind of sad. Good story;]

Also Sana. When using Stacey's story as an example, always give credit, even though you know she won't know you gave it or not, it's always good to credit someone. It's good Karma. What goes around comes around, remember that.;]

Good luck on your speech.
Since this is a speech proceeding in argumentive basis, you're going to get a lot of sarcasm and strong questions. Brush up your knowledge on the paranormal and counter attack those questions to make your class mates think twice:D
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
Man, kids have it easy these days with the web, in MY days, you actually had to go to the library and spend hours doing research 😉 Ok, old fart mode off.
SanaFan (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
Hi:) I'm just going to let you know that I'm using this story for my high school speech class. I'm trying to persuade that ghosts exist, and I'm sure this story will help.:)
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Hi Stacey. I think what you have witnessed is a residual haunting or what is, other ways called, "a playback of a past event". Typical characteristics involve: the same sounds are heard, the event takes place at around the same time time of day but, most importantly, that the apparition seems to be oblivious of your existence. This is because, in a residual haunting, the energy which was created by a traumatic event is stored and then generated at a later time. Even if you try to communicate with her, you will fail to do so simply because there is no ghost involved-just energy. Anyways, you shouldn't feel threatened in any way because this type of haunting is harmless.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Hi Stacey. Another great story. I bet that Anya doesn't know that she has passed away. She went home died in her sleep and when she woke up she thought it was time to go to work. But she was already dead. Poor soul. I think you are on the right track saying she doesn't want to cross over. But I think she needs to. And you can help her with that. Maybe its not working know but she needs to cross over. Just keep on trying. Thanks again for this story and I will be glad to read the next one. By the way welcome to this site. I hope you like it here. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: