You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Do Not Disrespect the Spirits of the Ouija

Real Ghost Stories

Do Not Disrespect the Spirits of the Ouija

 

I would like to give a little bit of my history, so to speak, for those of you who visit this site regularly. So you kind of get the feel for who I am, (psychically). I'm 22, from a very young age my mother knew I was "Gifted", (the next couple accounts are as told by my momma).

When I was about 4 I saw a girl on TV, (mom was watching the news), and I looked at my mom and started crying. She asked me what was wrong, and all I said was "I can't believe she died!". Now at this age, I had no perception of Life and Death, (that I recall). How could a 4 year old even know of such a thing. My mom finally calmed me down and asked me why I was so upset. I told her "She used to be my daughter, and I just can't believe she is gone... She was so young and so smart". My mom said at this point I started to cry again.

About an hour later we were at a local library. My mom found the woman's name who died, (we will call her Bee, and Bee's mother will be Sara...). She asked me what WAS my name before it was Stacey, and I replied without thinking, Sara... And I went about my B-I with Dr. Suess. She then asked where I lived, I told her I lived on a horse ranch in TX, then I went to college in MD and I still had horses here. Then I had a little girl, but it was over when she was 3. And now I'm Stacey. My mom says she then showed me a bunch of pictures, some of Sara, and some of random people, and she told me I pointed out Sara EVERY TIME! Strange!

Ok, on to the main story. Everyone says that you shouldn't mess with ouija's and they are bad. WRONG! Ouija's are not bad, but they are EASILY MISUSED! A lot of people don't have enough patience for an Ouija Board, so when they get frustrated they begin to mock or taunt the spirits. This is how most people end up with a demon or malicious spirit.

One of the key rules you should remember about Ouija is RESPECT. These spirits were once people, and deserve the same respect you or I deserve. Now, I have had many experiences using an Ouija Board, and only 1 of the resulted in a horrible accident. I had a friend over to use the board with me, and her fiance tagged along, he was very skeptical and didn't believe.

Well, he became frustrated with it because nothing was happening, and we were only at it for about 10 minutes. I told him to calm down and stop it. This is when things got rough. He started to mock the spirits and the board, he said (while still in the circle mind you), that this was a bunch of bull s**t and it's fake, and he told us we were stupid for believing in such a thing. Right then all the lights went off, (not like a power surgery, but the light switches got flipped down, like you would physically turn them off), even the lamp switches turned. I told him to stop saying those things and to have respect.

My friend, (not the rude boyfriend), suddenly felt ill, she was burning up but she complained she was freezing, she had her boyfriend take her home immediately. When she got home, she called me crying. She felt the spirit with her the whole way home, and when she arrived home her cat was in the middle of the road, he had been hit by a car. After she saw him she felt the spirit leave.

She will never let anyone close to her disrespect the spirits of the Ouija

Other hauntings by StaceyRe2003

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, StaceyRe2003, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

October (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-29)
I 100% agree with you about the misuse of Ouija boards and how they aren't bad.

Interesting story, interesting gift you have.
LAB (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
When I read that story I felt like crying I used to say I was my grandad and he died right before I was born!
xanatos (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-14)
Hello Stacey. I read your story and I found it very enjoyable. I didn't realise their were different views on the safety of using a ouija board because before now, I've always heard they're bad news and I should stay away.

I'm wondering if you can answer this question I have...:
a spirit was angered like the way it happened in your account. This took place in a cellar a few years ago. Long story short, the spirit claimed the girl who lived in that very house, with the cellar, would die when morning came. She consulted a book and it said to stay in the same place and wear boots filled with (I think) goats milk.

Would happen to know why the milk is important?

About the re-incarceration account, I have heard there is a possibility you may have been gifted with 'soul finding'. It apparently manifests in ones who have a lot of empathy and has an open heart. (Thought you may be interested to hear that...)

Take care.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Yep. Respect. I always gave it respect. I always had a good time using it too. I found it to be very useful in my ghost hunting investigations. Until someone rude had to get ahold of it. He cursed the demon of the board to me and it really happened. I had to go see a preacher for help, so, now, I'm scared of Quija Boards. I never want anything like that to happen to me again. Take care.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
"She will never let anyone close to her disrespect the spirits of the Ouija", she should also never let anyone close the session improperly allowing the spirit to become trapped in our realm. Respect goes both ways. You abide by their rules, they try to abide by ours. It is that simple.
Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
Though I have used a ouija board with little to no success I will say I never disrespected spirits while trying to get their attention. When kids use them and ask silly kid questions I don't think that is disrespecting but generally I think whatever answer they get is usually the one they already have in their head. So no I don't have a fear of ouija boards but with all things dealing with the spirit world respect is a good thing. As far as the past life episode I think that can be very real. It's happened too many times with people that were able to research and find out they were correct about facts concerning their past life knowledge. Why some remember and others don't is nothing I can answer unless being "gifted" helps. There are too many documented stories about such events that defy logic but were found to be true. A child from India recalled a past life as an adult that had gotten shot in two places and he was born with the birthmarks in the exact place this man had been shot years before. This young child knew where the man lived, what his wife and children's names were and what he did for a living. When the boy insisted on seeing this family his parents took him and they found out all he said was true. So there has to be something to it. It's said we don't remember incarnations so that it will not effect how we live this lifetime. I had a past life regression and was told I was a servant to a Chinese princess in the 11th century. Frankly I didn't buy it. I don't even like Chinese food and have never been attracted to that culture or had any curiosity about it. So much for theories. Great story and hope you use those gifts for positive endeavors.
RoseForEmily (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
After reading your outtake on Ouija board, I agree with you, it does make more sense. We should be patient with them because we are asking to talk to them, they have every right to say nothing at all, and of course they'll be mad when we start to mock them!

Thank you for sharing your opinion and story.

P.S. I've heard about children who say stuff like you have. About their past. It's very interesting, bit it makes sense, if you have the choice of being reincarnated and take it, you probably won't remember the past much but when you're young the memory is still fresh in your mind.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Hi Stacey. I found your story of Bee and Sara very interesting.I've read some about this type of situation and there are some really strong supporting facts there. Do you have any other experiences like this one? I have to agree with most on the ouija board though, I don't think you should mess around with it.I'm looking forward to hearing more of your experiences, I really enjoyed this one. Thanks for sharing.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
You know how to disrespect the "spirits of the Ouija?" (whatever that is...) by employing a Ouija board to talk to them. Absolutely nothing can be gained by this practice. Engaging in this type of thing can at best provide you with some entertainment; at worst, it can ruin one's life. Does this seem like an equitable risk? I think not.

You know, everyone says guns are bad, too. But a gun in itself is not bad, but can be misused to do bad things. Does that mean playing Russian Roulette with one is a respectful way to use one? Again, I think not. I would seriously reconsider your stance on communicating in this mode with "another realm..."
StaceyRe2003 (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
as far as how to use it, there is no "right" way. Personally, I light some white candle, and say a prayer, (depending on your religion, you should change this). Personally I use the lords prayer, back when I was young, (like 14), I used a Wiccan prayer, but I don't remember it. I could dig through my old stuff and find it if you like. As far as my past life, I don't know too much, my mother has told me all I know, about my past life. The only thing I vividly remember TODAY about back then is my best friend was a girl about 5'4" with red hair, I don't remember her name, but I have a vivid image of a picture we took. It's hard to explain. I don't know what I would do if I ever come across this woman now, if she's still alive. And I appreciate every one's comments...
velvet1 (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
The Ouji Board is not bad but it depends how well you know about it and how to use it properly. Specially using it with people that don't believe in it should be a no-no, because it always makes thing much more worse. I just think that you can communicate in different ways with spirits instead of using the Ouji Board. I don't think it's the best resource.

Now about you being a mother of a child from the past, it could be that you just incarnated as Sara. You're currently living in the present while your child from the past incarnated at that time but died. Do you still feel that same emotion when you where 4, when you saw her on television?

I wish you luck with everything.
NixAnnaIxnay (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
Hey Stacey,... I agree that ouija boards aren't evil, and that they're easily misused, but I still don't think people should use them unless they KNOW what they're doing and even then, the communication may be a little too open. There are other ways of communication than a ouija board (or as some think) the acrifice of blood. And I'm sorry about what happened to your friend and her cat. I'm REALLY sorry about the cat. I hope everyone is safe and better now. ❤
Tino (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
Good story Stacey... Yeah I agree with that, Ouija boards are strange and can be dangerous. My little cousin Mikey used to always mess around with them. He even went so far as to make his own board and pricked his finger and put his blood on the board. After that, weird things started happeneing. And one day he got into an argument with one of the spirits on the board and his trash can in his room lit on fire... No joke...
Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
I agree to have a large amount of respect for the spirits, because they respect us. A Question to you though... My Grandmother gave me a ouija to go with a book she had wrote. The story was very happy not negative. I have never used one. What is the best way to go about using properly? I respect the spirits and don't want to upset them, so if you know the best way I would love to hear from you. I really enjoyed your story, thank you 😁 ❤ Sandy
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
I must agree with Kim and Chris that it is of the utmost importance to respect the spirit world. As far as ouija boards are concerned I believe the following:no matter how many times you've used one, you cannot and should not consider them a tool to be used in any way. No living being who's never lived on the other side can master the knowledge required to use a talking board safely. Sometimes we get visited without sending out an invitation and even then we should try to guard ourselves from the unknown forces. Isn't it thus a wise thing not to mess with situations that are out of our control?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Okay, while I agree all entities deserve a certain amount of respect, I must respectfully disagree about the use of ouijia boards. I would think that the one horrible incident would be enough, but I suppose not.

Stay away from ouijia boards.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Hi Stacey. I think all spirits should be showed respect I agree with you 100%.I think the Ouji board shouldnt be used by those whoi do not know how to use them. I know that if a spirit makes contakt it can easly be anyone. It can pretend that is your great grandfather but its actually a demon. You never know for sure who it is. Thats why its dangerous. You never know who your talking to. And if anyone decides to you the oujio board remeber that anything can happen. Good or bad. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: