You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Girl and the Ball of Light

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl and the Ball of Light

 

When I was a kid my best friends older brother would baby-sit us when my parents went out, we would watch terminator to give you an idea how long ago this was. It was typical for me to pass out on the couch.

One particular night I woke up in the middle of the night. I sat up and looked over the back of the couch into the dining room to see if I could catch a glimpse of what time it was. To my surprise there was a little girl sitting at the far end of the table. She looked to be about 7 years old, she was wearing a dress and she has this green ambience to her. I wanted to talk to her because she was just sitting there staring off into space, she didn't seem to notice me looking at her.

I couldn't muster up the courage to talk to her so I laid back down on and tried to go back to sleep. About an hour later I looked up over the couch again and she was in a different chair, this time facing my direction but her head was down looking at something on the table. I watched silently to see if she would do something, she sat there for a long time, then eventually got up and walked through the wall into the backyard. Once she was gone I turned on the lights and investigated the area she had been in. The room was a lot colder than the living room, but other than that, there was no sign of her doing anything in particular. I went back to sleep and that was the last time I saw her.

The only other incident was when me and the neighbor kids were camping out in my backyard on our trampoline, we had a ton of blankets and pillows out there and were just goofing off late at night. We had 2 really large oak trees in the back yard, one had a bee hive in the trunk and someone had cemented the holes shut in what I assume was an attempt to trap them in. We would always mess with the hive for fun, we were dumb kids you know? We always threw rocks in the hole or did something to taunt the bees, then wed go running off to get away from them, it was our form of entertainment.

Well while we were all sitting on the trampoline telling jokes and what not, we heard a loud boom, and a bright ball of light shot out from the tree up in the sky, zoomed back around way above us then came slamming back down into the tree. It scared the crap out of us at first, and we stayed up all night to see if it would happen again.

To our disappointment nothing happened at all. The weird thing is there is a knot in the side of the tree that looks like a human skull, its probably just a coincidence but it was our outlet for imagining what it could have been.

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen anything like this, I almost forgot about it until I found this site. I'm not a believer of orbs being anything significant because those who claim to have taken photos of them, don't seem to be trying to photograph them in the first place, so I come to the conclusion that its just a light refraction in the lens of the camera.

This incident was different though, I'm not sure I want to call it an orb, it was a bright ball of light that seemed to move around sporadically and it was loud and bright. Any ideas? This all happened before the mommy ego stuff.

Other hauntings by Warblaze

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Warblaze, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
...wow, how people can witness the most incredible, confusing, supernatural thing they've ever seen in their entire lives and just shrug it off and go back to sleep is beyond me.

Interesting story, though, thanks for sharing.
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
thanks very much for telling us this. I do believe in spirits I seen things when I was a child.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Never heard of a shooting orb but guess there is a first for everything.It's been said trees have a spirit of their own according to Native American folklore. Is it possible the house was built on Indian land? I think it was a gift that you got to experience this phenomenon. What are the chances of seeing something like that? It's like hitting the lottery in the paranormal world.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Believes the little girl was residual at least I hope so and don't know what would cause an orb to do that. It seemed almost explosive. Like something had built up in it. Or something was showing off for you. Could it be a natural event? Would have to do some research. Good story. Thanks for sharing.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
As far as the little girl, it may have been a residual haunting or she may have finally been able to cross over to peace with our Lord. I hope so, I hate the thought of children trapped and/or alone and frightened on this plane.

The ball of light, well... I am not sure what to think about that, I am not a firm believer in orbs and lights such as that. I have found that if you look and concentrate or investigate, generally there is a logical explaination for these things.

God Bless!
Warblaze (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
That makes sense sort of in a weird way. Maybe the light was the little girls spirit sapping energy from the tree maybe? Thats the hypothesis I came up with after reading your comment. Heh I remember walking around the sides of the houses as a kid looking for her, I named her Serri, I still don't know why I chose that name.

I remember my little brother and I would play a reverse form of hide and seek with the neighbor kids, we called it the chase. 2 people would go hide, and everyone would look for them, if they found you, you got a chance to run for the designated base (safe area) and if you got to it without getting tagged, you won. Gosh I miss that game! Anyway wed only play it late in the evening when there was better cover from darkness. I was on the seeking team, I ran back into my fairly large back yard, (along the back fence line are some weird trees that grow in tight groups out of the same root system, not sure what the name is) anyway it was really dark in the far end of my backyard and it always gave me the jitters going to the back corner. There was a gap between the fences (we had 2, a chain link with a wooden fence behind it) we called it the secret passage because we could sneak between peoples back yards to certain houses ie my friends who lived 2 homes down.

OK so I'm looking for Marcus and my little brother who were hiding. I decided to go to my backyard and check the back corner. I heard the other kids yelling and running around so I assumed they had found matt my little bro. When I got to the back corner I saw someone run and jump over the fence into our little secret passage area, it looked like marcus, same height and everything, so I naturally went after him but he got over the fence pretty fast. Once he jumped I turned around and marcus' older brother was there telling me to come back and count so the next people could hide, both my brother and marcus had already made it back to base.

Ok so who the freak was just randomly hiding in my backyard?!

Haha it coulda just been some crazy person from the building behind my house but it kind of makes me wonder exactly what was going on.

Anyway your theory about trying to get energy makes sense. I can see something like that working, a spirit draws upon the energy of living creatures so it can make its journey to wherever its going. Human tend to disturb spirits so maybe the tree was its preferrence? I'm stumped I have no clue about that kind of stuff
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Hi Warblaze. Thanks for sharring another great story with us. I to believe and a lot of other people here do to that 99% of orbs can be explained. But that goes with spirits.99% can be explained but the other 1% is the unknown. I believe that spirits need to go through certain stages to fully manifest. I hope I'm not confusing anybody here. I believe that every spirit needs a cutain amount of energy to show itself. For example an Orb, A spirit does not have as much energy as a full entity but once it gets more energy to feed of of it can change to something else. This is just a theory. So don't be harsh at me 😜! I believe that the spirit you saaw did not have enough energy to show her self. But wanted her presence to known. I hope you don't think I'm a smarty pants guy or something 😜 😁!I realy liked reading your story and will be waiting for the next one. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: