You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Little Girl in my House

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl in my House

 

Let me start by saying that I grew up in New Orleans, LA... And from living there for all those years, I can tell you that there isn't much I haven't seen. When I was 13 years old, my father, my brother, my grandmother, and I moved out of the apartment we were living in, and into a house on the outskirts of the city. It was a nice house and I liked it a lot, but at times things would happen that would scare me. The first thing we noticed about the house was that the front porch and the entrance to the front door was like a big ramp... Like it was designed for someone with a wheelchair.

It must have been about a week after we moved in, it was during the end of summer, around August, and in the summer I get bad allergies and hay fever. So I had gotten sick that day, and I went to bed early, around 6 o'clock in the evening. My father had gone out, so had my grandmother, and my little brother was staying at a friend's house back in our old neighborhood. So I was alone, which didn't bother me because I like being alone.

So, it must have been around 9 or 10 at night when I heard this loud banging noise. It woke me up abruptly, and it kind of scared me. So I get up out of my bed and walk around the house looking for what's making that noise. As I walk into the kitchen, I can tell that the noise is coming from outside. Our kitchen faced our backyard, so as I looked out the window I could see the whole yard. Off in the corner of the yard we had this old aluminum sided shed. Now, it was pretty dark out there, and I was half asleep, and sick and tired, and just flat out disorientated. But I was absolutely positive of what I was looking at. It was a little girl. She had her back to me and she was banging on the shed as hard as she could. She was wearing a little dress with big polka dots and there was this big bow tie on the back of her dress. And she had pigtails in her hair.

Well, I couldn't help but to laugh at this. I figured that since we were new in the neighborhood, some of the neighborhood kids were just messing with us. So, I just blew it off and went back to bed. I never thought of it again and never mentioned it to any one.

Then, about a month or two after that... School had started, and I was in bed asleep because it was a school night. My little brother comes running into my room and jumps on my bed with me. Now, you have to understand something... I have never known my brother to be scared of anything. He fears NOTHING. So when I saw him freaked out like that, on my bed shaking and crying, I was scared to death.

I asked him what happened, and at first he couldn't even talk. I just sat there and held him until he calmed down, and then he finally told me. He said that he had woken up to use the bathroom. As he got out of his bed, he said he felt really cold, and he just felt weird... Like someone was watching him. So he turned on his little lamp and he looked around his room and he saw a little girl standing in the corner of his room staring at him. He said that her face was all messed up, like someone had beat her with a bat. Half of her face was all smashed in. And she was wearing a polka dot dress, and the dress was all muddy and torn, and she was just STARING at him!

Well, when he told me that, I was definitely freaked out. That had to have been the same girl I saw that night, but I never thought that she was a ghost or anything. I thought she was a regular girl.

Needless to say, my brother and I decided to keep that to ourselves. We didn't want to tell anyone because we were scared that they would make fun of us. But it seems like the more we tried to pretend it didn't happen... The more she would mess with us. And it wasn't just her. There was someone else there, too. I could never see him, but I could always hear his wheelchair late at night, and I could hear him grunting in frustration... Like he was trying to get out of his wheelchair or something. All sorts of little things would happen. I'd be watching TV in the living room and I'd hear a little girl whisper something and I'd hear little feet running across the kitchen floor.

One time I was in the shower, and I was home alone, so I left the bathroom door open. Out of no where, the lights in the bathroom went out and the door slammed shut! I was so freaked out, I didn't know what to do.

And things didn't just happen to me and my brother. I had friends that would be at my house and tell me things, too. My friend Eric spent the night at my house one night and he was sleeping on the floor next to my bed. He said that something kept touching his face, and when he opened his eyes to see it, it was a little hand... Like the hand of a child coming out from under my bed. Yeah, after that I didn't sleep in my room for a while.

But what I thought was odd, was that she never messed with my grandmother. Or if she did, my grandmother just never mentioned it. She never really messed with my father either, except for one night. I had a couple of friends over and we were watching TV in the living room. My father had to work the next day so he was in his room sleeping. Well, out of no where, he comes running out into the living room yelling at me, and I was like, "Dad, what's your problem, why are you screaming at me..." And he told me to stay out of his room and leave him alone while he's sleeping because he's tired and has to get up early. I was a bit confused.

The next day I asked him why he did that. He said that he was sleeping and he felt someone breathing on him, so he turned to look, but it was so dark, all he could see was a dark figure and it kicked his bed and ran out of the room. He assumed it was me playing around with him. But I knew who it was and it made the hair on the back of my neck stand straight up when he told me that.

That's pretty much it for that. I never saw the girl again, but you didn't have to see her to know that she was there. She obviously loved attention and would try to get it from whoever was around. And as for the wheelchair man... I asked some people in my neighborhood about that. They told me that some old guy used to live there by himself and yes, he was in a wheelchair. I asked some of them if he had a granddaughter or if ever there was a little girl that lived there, and they said no, they never saw any girl there. But they found that question odd because there was a little girl that lived in that neighborhood years ago that went missing. Some people believed that the old man that was in the wheelchair had lured her in the house and... well, who knows. They said that the police investigated the missing girl, but she was never found. The old man lived in the house by himself and he was supposedly kind of weird, so they questioned him without any probable cause and he filed a complaint against them and that was the end of that.

I never knew what the think about all this. I even contemplated digging around in the backyard, maybe around the shed to see if her body was buried there. I didn't know what to believe, so I decided to just forget about it. And on the day we moved out... A few years later, I think I was 16, all of our stuff was out of the house, and I was so exhausted from moving the stuff all day that I fell asleep on the floor in what used to be my bedroom. I had a dream of a little girl trying to talk to me. I couldn't see her, and I could barely make out what she was saying. But she seemed desperate and she kept trying to talk to me. It seemed like it was real... But then again, it had to be a dream, right? Who knows.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tino, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

66CorpseBride66 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-17)
poor darling try a ojia board to talk to her Look in to the shed she might have been buried under it or near it contacked a mediume to see if they can talk to her aww bless her the sweet Corpse Bride ❤ ❤
tpeck2 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
creepy story! I would have been scared out my mind if this had happened to me. Great story, though sad. 😢
Shestoscary (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-19)
Try not to act and show your fear of a ghost. Because it will start to try and scare you more. Where's ghost busters when you need them by the way
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Hi Tino,
Accepting your story (and the neighbors story) at face value, I would definitely say that the little girl was trying to tell you her story. Her banging on the shed could have been a clue to her final resting place (even though she's not at rest) and the dream was her last ditch effort to get through to you. Not everybody is in tune with the spirit world and it may be a long time before she can make contact with someone else. Let us pray that her next contact will be able to help her find the peace she is seeking.

FRAWIN
clamgirl1234 (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
whooo its very scary I did nt hear such a story in my life its really horible and I wish best of luck for your future
BY
CLAMGIRL1234 😨 😲
matticus (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
whoa that is pretty freaky I proberly would of died of fright. Quite Freaky 😲
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
That's a great story! I have recently been having experiences with a spirit of a little girl... Read my story "Fun and Games"
Tino (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Tonith, I understand how you feel...it's really sad to think of a child going through so much pain. I can only hope and pray that she's moved on
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
I really liked your story! Just a thought but maybe if the man did have something to do with her death, that is why you heard the noises like a wheel chair. Maybe, he is bound to this earth forever because of his actions. Like everyone else has said, it was a terrible thing that it had to happen to a child. Thanks for sharing your story.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
It saddens me to think there are child spirits. It's just not right. Do they lack understanding of what has happened to them? Do they even know they are dead? Do they stay the same age intellectually? Do they refuse to move on even though they may be prompted to do so? It's just very disturbing to me. Some say these are not children spirits at all but demons or low level energy forms trying to mess with humans. Child spirits just mess with my belief in God and His mercy. There has to be some other explanation for this phenomenon.
Tino (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Thank you everyone for all of your comments. I was young when this happened and I was scared, so instead of trying to help the poor spirit, I ignored her and avoided her. I'm 26 now, and if something like that were to happen now, I would try my best to help. I just hope the little girl will be able to move on...
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Whoa, that was scary. This is definatley one of my favorite stories! I think that the girl must have accidentley come into the old man's house and the old man must have thought she must be trespassing or something. And he must have hid her in the shed as she was banging on it as if she wants to get out. When your brother told you that her face was beaten up, the old man must have beaten her up. This might be it but I am only guessing. Anyways, best of luck for the rest of your life and hope nothing more happenes to you!
Biemaster
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Poor little thing. How sad to be trapped and afraid and alone.

I will say some prayers for her to cross over to peace, to be with our Lord where fear and lonliness will never have to be a factor again.

Thank you for sharing your story with us.
God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
This is a sad story. I feel sorry for that young child. I just sometimes wonder why do parents have to burry there childre? It Should be the other way around. I wonder what happened in that house. Others like to make up stories so I wouldn't believe to much in what the neighbours said. Thanks for sharring this amazing story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
jjjjjjj005 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Very scary story. I think that the girl is trying to get help. Some one should try and search for her on the property. I would not be surprised if she had been killed and was buried there. Especially the shed part, it seems suspicious enough to be looked into.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Hi Tino and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

It's so disturbing to hear about children's spirits let alone, those of children who have been brutally murdered.

If the girl had, indeed been murdered by the man in the wheel chair, no wonder why she didn't approach adults so much as you youngsters. I did find it a bit odd that she had approached your dad even that once-could it be just cause she was curious or maybe, that just for a moment she saw him as a father figure? Hard to know since his reaction must have discouraged her from further contact.

Yes, I agree with you, she was craving for attention. Even more, she might have been trying to figure you out, to see if she can trust you enough to ask for help. In your dream of her, I believe it was help she was asking for. What a shame you were on your way and couldn't help her!

Had the man in the wheel chair been a primary suspect, I believe the police would have persisted with the questioning no matter how many reports he had signed against them. Maybe the girl's death had nothing to do with him.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else lives there and whether they see her too. I know I would have tried to find out.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Scary, the little girl must've been lost and needed help. She must've died in your room. Scary, I'd be terrified most likely! Anyways, wounderful story, though with what I saw, I have to curl up with my little brother to go to sleep now! This'll be one of my faveriots.=3

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: