You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Moaning Lady

Real Ghost Stories

The Moaning Lady

 

Hello everyone! My English Teacher told this story to me about her experience in Oman. So I am telling you her story. We will call my english teacher, Ms.Jane (so not to give her real name). Ms. Jane had gone to Oman looking for a job in a school. She did get one and was sent to Southern Oman in a mini-van, with a bunch of other new teachers. It was getting dark and it was still a long way to go so they stopped at a big hotel.

While Ms. Jane was eating and talking with the other teachers, this one teacher was looking at her all the time. Ms. Jane knew that teacher as they were in the same van, so she thought the lady wanted to talk to her. But before she could go to her, that lady had gone to the bathroom. When everyone was going to sleep, (everyone was going to sleep in one big room, on bunk beds) the lady (whose name we will call Ms.Loona) asked Ms. Jane whether she, Ms.Loona, could sleep on the top bunk. Ms.Jane, without hesitating, said yes.

At the middle of the night, Ms. Jane woke up to the noise of a lady moaning slowly. Ms. Jane got terrified to even move. Then, she saw a weird sight. In front of her, she could see dangling legs. Then she realized that the legs were of Ms.Loona! Actually, what had happened was that, Ms. Loona was sitting on her bed with her legs dangling down, moaning softly but harshly. When Ms. Jane got the guts to look up, she saw that Ms.Loona's eyes were wide open and were not moving. Terrified at seeing that, Ms. Jane just got in her bed and went to sleep somehow.

The next morning, when Ms. Jane got up, she asked Ms. Loona what happened to her last night. But Ms. Loona said that she didn't know what happened at all and that she was sleeping soundly. After that, Ms. Jane never saw Ms. Loona again, as they were in a different school. Ms. Jane knew it was not a dream because another friend of hers had been in the same school as Ms. Loona and had experienced the same incident.

Ms. Jane was saying to us that she did not know if a spirit was inside her or a demon had taken over Ms.Loona. Even I am confused. Does anyone have an answer for this?

Other hauntings by Biemaster

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Biemaster, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Its just something like somnabulism and maybe that teacher has some psychological problem, but didn't want to discuss it
Serenity (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
Sorry for posting late - I'm also going to go with the sleepwalking theory mainly becase Mrs Loona asked specifically for the top bunk - she was probably aware that she did sleepwalk occasionally, and wanted the top bunk so that she'd be less likely to climb down and disturb the other teachers sleeping in the same room by roaming around. She may also have been embarrassed by her sleepwalking habit, leading her to feign ignorance when asked if she'd had a dream.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Well, first off, you do not have to be possessed by a demon, or have a ghost inside you to moan in your sleep.
Sleep walking is an interesting topic, as it does not just encompass WALKING in a sleep state. One of the key signs is walking or moving about during sleep. Sleepwalkers engage in their activities with their eyes open so they can navigate their surroundings, not with their eyes closed and their arms outstretched as parodied in cartoons and Hollywood productions. They carry on conversations, make odd noises (such as moaning), and most generally do not recall the events.
As this happens during a deep sleep, often the sleepwalker wakes up well rested, thinking they have laid in bed, restfully for the entire night.
It can be, at times, very disturbing to watch.
Thank you.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-14)
Thank you everyone for your suggestions and thoughts! I always thought that sleepwalking means getting up and just walking around. I never knew that it also means talking to people, moaning, keeping your eyes wide open, etc. Well, thanks once again for having solved my problem! I am going to post another story after a while so please don't forget to read it!
Biemaster
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-14)
Ahh, my mom says I do this sometimes. It's just sleep walking. Don't worry, nothing scary. I sat up and started talking to my friend Jacob one time when he came over. Then I laid back down, and woke up. I remebered NONE of it, my mom had to tell me. Sleep walk happens to everybody. It never happens when you're dreaming though.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
This is almost like sleep walking.

I don't exactly know why they moan when they do this but I remember my cousin doing this one night. When her mom came in to give her a hug goodnight she was laying there with her eyes wide open... Then she sat straight up, started to moan and reached out to my aunt and gave her a hug... Then laid back down... I was a little weirded out lol.
RoseForEmily (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
My brother does the same thing every night. I don't think it's a demon possession, a lot of people do it actually. My brother moans and keeps his eyes open, he also screams sometimes and can be sitting up straight eyes open, talking nonsense, but he's still asleep.

It is rather scary so I don't blame Ms. Jane for being scared.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Is it possible that Ms. Loona was having like a sleep walking episode? My youngest son will engage in conversation with ithers, walk out side, walk up and down the stairs, etc. While still being completely asleep. He remembers none of the events that occur when he is having a sleep walking type episode.

Just a suggestion...

God Bless!
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
As a child, I had a few bouts with sleepwalking, and in my younger adulthood, I would someties find myself in that hazy zone between sleep and wakefulness and hear myself moaning--as if I had some pain that was so deep that I couldn't recognize it in my waking state.

Perhaps a combination of these factors caused Ms. Jane's experience with Ms. Loona.

Another possibility could be that Ms. Loona is an empath, and picks up all kinds of psychic and/or physical pain during her waking hours. The sitting up and moaning could possibly be a way of releasing it, a kind of mental/spiritual/emotional detox. ❤
Tek (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Hi Biemaster, thank you for sharing your story.

I strongly believe that what your teacher saw was Ms Loona in a state/form of sleep walking. This would explain why Ms Loona did not remember or recall what had happened. She was unaware that she was sitting up and moaning. Luckily your teacher did not try and wake Ms Loona in her dream state because that could have been bad. I suffer from night terrors and I rarely remember what I saw, or happened in my dream the next morning. All I recall is the feeling of being terrified or extremely upset. Sleep walking can be dangerous for people around the sleeper as well as the sleeper.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Sorry but I forgot to mention something. That a lady sleeping across ALSO saw the moaning lady sitting up in bed. My teacher and the lady across her both told eachother what they saw. So that's one thing. And another is that it couldn't have been a dream because another teacher (who was posted with this moaning lady) also experiened the same thing. So two people can't have the same dream, right? That is the main reason I was confused because first, even I thought it might be a dream but it didn't turn out to be. Anyway, thanks a lot for commenting!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Well I wouldn't go and say this was a spirit right away. This can be explained. I believe that this was like sleep walking. I have done this before once or twice when I was younger. I even walked to the front door opened it and walked back to my bed. And I hurt my cousin doing it (he was sleeping on the floor and I on the bed)! I don't think this was a haunting. But who knows. I realy liked reading your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
mpgb216 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Partly that may be a dream but Oman is where I experienced ghosts everywhere. I was in Oman for 5 years (1991-1996) and I knew that country very well especially on ghosts. Most of the ghosts I encountered were some kind of mischievous ones unlike here in the U.A.E.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Probably a nightmare or vivid dream.
Some people would move or talk in their sleep, so it's nothing paranormal.

Don't worry - Tell your teacher it's nothing to be worried about. It's natural not supernatural =]

Dangling legs - LOL, funny. It's nothing.
My friend punches the air and starts saying
"come on b***h, want to start me?"

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: