You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Shadow Ghost With a Triangle Coming Out the Side of It

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Ghost With a Triangle Coming Out the Side of It

 

This first started when I was in middle school (11 years old approx) and carried on throughout secondary school. To get to my school from my house was about a 20 minutes walk - I would walk with my sister part the way and she would go to her secondary school whilst I carried on to my school.

Normally I would stick to the main roads which was lined with houses both sides but if running late there was a short cut through a very tiny bit of wood - the bit you had to cut through wasn't very dense and from where you entered it you could see the exit of it.

One day I was running late so cut through this part of the wood - the exit of the wood is up a slight hill so I got to the top of it and looked behind me (no particular reason and had no sudden urge to), 'standing' at the bottom of this slope/hill was a black figure, I would say human shaped but it had a triangle coming out the side of it, like a cloak was blowing and then had frozen whilst sticking out. I could see no features and it didn't move it just 'stood' there. I quickly carried on walking and didn't mention it to anyone.

The following weeks I kept walking this way trying to see if I could see it again (I had nicknamed it 'baby' for some reason) but didn't and soon forgot about it.

In my previous post I mention about hearing noises in my house and I now attribute these to 'Baby' as there were some appearances in my room (only a couple) and when I looked outside my window.

Occasionally I would look into a corner of my room and see a black hazy figure similar to babies - these came with no warning and didn't give me a chill or anything.

Also I would look outside my window and the path that runs alongside the house (I now don't live there) had a hedge the other side and I saw baby standing almost in the hedge. Again I had no warning of this and did not feel anything from it.

I did try to investigate if anything had happened in the woods and someone told me a woman had been murdered there but I don't believe this as there are no reports of it and there was no indication 'baby' was female.

I have since heard of shadow people and consider this as a possibility but I always thought shadow people were very active and moved about a lot - hence why they are often captured on cameras set up in empty rooms.

Since I moved house I have not seen baby again and still do not know if they were real apparitions or not - I think they were as it continued well into my teens (I moved at 15)

I have done ghost vigils in buildings and believe there are beings that cannot move on and do appear to us and there is no set in stone reason why this happens

Any comments and thoughts will be welcomed.

Other hauntings by fizzypulp

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fizzypulp, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

fizzypulp (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Hi White Buffalo,
No offence taken and nope I have never worn lenses or glasses - last eye test said I have perfect vision!
😆
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Thank you, fizzypulp, for the compliment. I only try to share a different point of view if it presents itself. Sometimes when you are in the midst of an occurrence, it is hard to see the whole picture. I know THAT by personal experiences. 😆
I do have one more question for you, then.
Please do not take offence. Do you, or did you wear corrective lenses of either type? I ask this as there is absolutely no change in the shadow, that makes me think beyond the unknown entity box. Sure, there is a possibility that an entity can be shown to you exactly the same every single time it presents itself. But shadows shift, and alter through the course of time.
I, myself, do not think I have ever experienced a shadow figure. But then again, I do tend to "count out" certain instances that I can find SOMETHING that may appear to be the cause of what is going on. (No matter how slim the chance may be 😊)
I have to wonder how difficult it would be to replicate the shadow with in a building structure. It makes me wish that I could visit the site and do a bit of research of my own.
Thank you.
fizzypulp (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Hi White buffalo,
I love your comments as you bring rationality and sensibility to our stories and help us make sense of them.
There is the possibility it was shadows from trees but the fact that the same 'shape' appeared in different places makes me think that there was something there.- baby's shadow in my room was the same as the wood and outside my house.
the whole shadow did not change shape or move at all - I'm not sure if this is common in entitys to stay the exact same shape or not and to have no movement - I think 'baby' was merely curious and picked up something from me which caused them to follow and watch me.

as mentioned in my story as soon as I moved I did not see 'baby' again so I can only assume he found soemone else to watch for a while 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
Hi fizzypulp,
As you were looking down a hill towards the "entrance" of the wood that you had cut through to get to school, is it possible that a shadow from a tree (you did mention that it was not dense in that location) or another wood related vegetation (perhaps hanging from a tree) could have blocked out just enough light to form this type of shadow? The only reason that I am thinking along these lines is that the triangle of shadow was described as frozen. And at times, you would see a similar sight along the hedges at your home.
I may be reading this incorrectly, please forgive me for asking. The babies that you see in your room, are they of a different density, shape and size?
I think I would have to ignore the rumor of the woman who was murdered in the wood. Many places have the same kinds of rumors simply as the places are a bit creepy on their own, so it is "easy" to tag a bit of folklore on them to keep certain unwanted people from them. As you have found no documentation that this actually happened, I would have to pretend as if I had never heard that rumor. After all, it may just BE a rumor.
Thank you.
RoseForEmily (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
A shadow person can be a possibility. Maybe baby is a shadow person, or maybe a spirit.
I wish I knew. Baby sounds interesting and apparently you were interesting to Baby too. Seems like he didn't want to harm you, but just liked watching you.

Idk.

Anyways hope to hear again from you.

-Sadie
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
That is really weird! I have never heard a story like this before. It could be that the woman who was murdered might have been in a cloak. But I don't think so. God knows what it might have been. Do you have any other incidents like these which happened to you before or after you moved? Please do tell us.
Biemaster
xxbabyhannah (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
Hi fizzypulp thanks for shareing your story with us. Lots of ghost huntings always lead to death all the time. But maybe that old woman story was as you call baby. But I think maybe baby must remind her of something. Take care 😊
fizzypulp (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
Hi]
Thanks for your comments
I have not seen Baby since I moved and that was 11 years ago - its strange because altho I was a teeneager when it happened - the stress and bad stuff happened after I moved so I would have thought that would have 'attracted' entitys (bad wording but I hope you know what I mean)
I have felt and seen a few more things but nothing major.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Interesting in the extreme--especially the murder rumor.

Seems to me that almost any wooded patch--even one as thin as you describe--has a murder story attached to it. I guess that's how people account for most ghosts, by blaming it on a violent death.

Please keep us posted!
SADA_OSEGUERA (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
kool 😁 good story. I have heard from elders speaking of shadow figures before. They usually stand still on higher objects so they can be noticable or true most are active. If you notice when you ignore them they dissapear trust when I say that.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Thanks for sharring this story with us. I think this shadow fallowed you. Sice you say it looks the same as baby. Have you seen it lately? I wonder why it chose you? Maybe you remind it of something. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: