You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shoe Lane Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Shoe Lane Ghost

 

This is my 2nd ghost story I've submitted (it seems like I attract ghostly activity). In September of 2005, I was house-sitting for my aunt who was on vacation. She rents a house in Shepherdstown, WV off of Shoe Lane. The house has 3 apartments in it and the house is very old at least over 100 years old or more.

One night, I was sleeping downstairs and my crazy alcoholic boyfriend kept calling around 3 a.m. getting stupid with me and causing trouble because I was staying there alone. We had a big fight on the phone and I turned the ringer off. There was a phone in the upstairs bedroom and I could hear it ringing. My boyfriend at the time was psycho and kept calling the house. The upstairs bedroom where the other phone is located has an old wood floor that is very distinctive if someone is upstairs walking around. It creaks very loudly.

As I was laying in the dark, hearing the phone ringing upstairs, the phone finally stopped ringing. Then, I heard what sounded like a loud bang! It sounded like a big box or a desk was picked up and thrown to the floor as if to say, "BE QUIET!". I got up and stood there and called out, "Hello?" Nothing. Then, I listened for a footstep. Like it heard my thought, a creaking step was heard then another. I dared not to walk up the stairs so I got my keys and left.

The next day, I returned and went upstairs to check it out. Nothing was disturbed. Nothing was moved. I got the feeling that the spirit of the house was sick and tired of the disturbing phone calls and was sending out a warning to stop.

Other hauntings by Brook

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Brook, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Brook (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
Thanks for all your comments! WOW! 😊 😊
My aunt had similar experiences when she first moved in about 8 years earlier - she called the police because it sounded like someone was breaking down the door and trying to get in the house. And she says things come up missing all the time.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-27)
Crazy,and also cool. The ghost in this story must have been annoyed as you have said it in the story. I would like this ghost if he/she would stop a continuous call by the same person.
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-19)
Out all of all the stories I have read, this one is the most realistic and actually scared me. I would have got my keys and left as well. Where did you go thought at 3 in the morning.:) Just curious.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-18)
Did it ever occur to you that it was you that caused the bang? You were stressed because of his phone calls and pissed off at his insistence. Not saying this was the case just saying if you were upset your own energy could have cause what you heard. In a heightened sense of aggitation you can release a lot of pent up energy. I also live in a very old house and wood contracts and expands and causes noise which may make it sound like footsteps. Again, I may be way off base so maybe it would be advantageous to ask your aunt if she has experienced anything strange in the house. Hope you ditched that loser boyfriend.
Iron_Maiden_88 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-16)
Thanks ominousnyxx, I kind of guessed that lol... I don't look at ghosts as negative entities, I just see them as lost and confused souls, I really do not believe that they are here to scare us, they just don't know what is happening and we get scared of the unfamiliar
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-16)
Hi Brook. I to would be scared. Maybe the spiritys don't like that much racket. Thanks for sharring another good story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-16)
Hi again Brook and thanks again for another experience.

I'd be interested in hearing whether your aunt has had any experiences in that house too.

Very interesting theory that the spirit in the house was disturbed by your boyfriend's calls. It would be interesting also to suggest that you weren't seen as an intuder by whoever was there. I wonder what would have happened had you stayed the whole night. Where would the footsteps stop but I guess, had I been in your shoes, I would have run as fast out of there as you did 😊
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
Yeah, basically I think the ghost was telling your boyfriend to "shut the f*ck up"

LOL. Maybe go back to your Aunty's house talk to the ghost and say;

"hey! If you're really here, could you do me a big favour? I'm going to ask my boyfriend to come over and stay with me, could you scare him sh*tless for me? If yes, send me a cold wind, if no then creak the floor"

LOL!

Iron_Maiden - It was just bad electricity.
Iron_Maiden_88 (1 stories) (10 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
I was singing kareoke, and the the power went out 😕 maybe a ghost did that because I can't sing?--- lmao
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
Is it at all possible your boy friend of the time had gotten in up stairs and was causing the racket you heard?

God Bless!
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
Brook, has your aunt ever experienced anything odd in the house? I enjoyed your comment that the spirit of the house was upset with the incessant ringing of the phone. Often I've wondered if what we interpret as ghostly activity sometimes is not merely an old and energy-rich building telling us that our actions and lifestyes are out of sync with what it is used to. Thanks for sharing and please keep us posted about any developments.
RoseForEmily (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
That's scary, and kind of funny too, I guess the ghost doesn't mean any harm, he or she just wants some silence.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
/.../.../.../.../.../...PrincessKatie has returned to the boards, ladies and gentlemen...

...and back to the point... Cool story, Brook. I look forward to hearing more. I love WV and have always found it to be a rather mystical and spiritual place.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
Dear Brook,

WOW! X x great story and I totally agree I have had that same experience.!

Scary isn't it?

From Princess123 x x x x 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: