You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Why Can't We See What They See?

Real Ghost Stories

Why Can't We See What They See?

 

One time my friend asked me and our other friend to go to the local cemetery and place flowers on her father's grave for her, since she was in Kansas City, Ks. We were already here in Garden City, Ks. After picking up some flowers, we headed to the cemetery. I brought my 3 years old daughter along with us and didn't explain to her what a cemetery was because it wasn't necessary. After walking around for a while, trying to find her dad's grave, we stopped at a grave that said something like "Baby girl Smith 1987". I told my friend, "oh look." We just stood there for a second wondering about what happened, not talking. All of a sudden, my daughter says very matter of fact, "baby died there." My friend and I turned pale and said, "what?" She just repeated herself. "Baby died there." It was so freaky. We wanted to know more, but asking a 3 years old for details is kind of hard. I asked her if she could see the baby and she said yes, but with a look on her face beyond her years. The look was like a knowing, wise expression like yes, sometimes things like this happen.

About 2 years later, we had moved to Tulsa, Ok. Right smack in the middle of Tulsa, there is a cemetery there. One day while driving down the street, right next to the cemetery, I looked over, for some reason, and noticed not one person was at the cemetery visiting graves. Not 2 seconds after thinking that, my daughter who was in her car seat in the backseat said, "look at all the kids playing over there!" I looked in the rear view mirror and she was looking over at the cemetery! Just in case I got it all backwards, I looked over my shoulder at her and sure enough she was looking over at the cemetery. I looked again at the cemetery to be sure I didn't see anyone. I asked my daughter, "you see kids playing over there?" She said, "Yeah, lots of them!"

Now she is going on 9 years old and doesn't see stuff like that anymore, but I sure thought it was amazing.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Becky_babe (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Children can see things most people can't because they are encouraged to believe things most people believe don't exist. You should always encourage them to be open minded to that kind of thing. It's hard to keep it when our parents constantly say "Oh...Ghosts don't exist!" I've had to work quite hard. So encourage your daughter!

- rebecca (I'm 13)
speakswithspirits (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
HI Stephanie, Your daughter is gifted, She will always be gifted, And she will start to see these things again. Right not she is going through a faze that has to do with who she is, who she wants to be, And if you have taken notice she is growingup not faster then the other kids her age, But with a deeper understanding then they have. She has a very passionate nature about things she feels need to be changed are made better. What is important is that you are there to help her understand what she does not, As well as the other way around. She will be able to help you understand things to.Shelly, is her spirit guide she will work closely with her to.
nora (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-22)
This same thing happens to my 3 year old daughter. She says she has a sister that is in her room and doesn't let her get her stuff. She's my only daughter and I have a baby boy. That freaks me out because her dad asked her about her sister, because for a while she didn't say nothing about her. Well she told her dad that she was in the hospital because she died. I don't know what is happening to me but I often dream of a girl that is like 7 years old but can't see her face. That's really sacry, all this started happening when her room got all done.
allie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-03)
as my little sis she does the same thing and me and my mom always gets freaked out when she says that she is going to play with her friends when I'm by myself and I say what friends and she just says that the ones in my room and I go to her room and there is nothing there and so that freaks me out.
Stephanie (guest)
-1
17 years ago (2007-02-26)
Yeah, it makes you wonder what the heck we would be looking at all the time if our minds were like they were when we were little! Scary! P.S. Really makes me want to never undress or shower naked ever again! Hahahaha
Kodak (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-24)
My little nieces scares me all the time with the things they see and I can't. I agree with Shane's comment.
liz (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-23)
Absolutely.
Two of my supernatural experiences happened when I was very little....around 8 yrs old and I remember not making a big deal cause I just didn't seem that surprised. It makes you wonder what powers we can have today if we just believe! See the movie "what the bleep do we know" Great great documentary.
silentoption (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-23)
i agree with shane since kids are not polluted by what is consider normal. I find it really sad that once we get older our beliefs on the afterlife tends to diminish.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-23)
They say that small children are able to see things we as adults are not because they have not had their minds clouded by the judgements made by others and their minds are more open and willing to accept what they see. Where we as adults often pass off what we see as an illusion or something. My own step daughter when she was two or three use to have conversations with the wall and would tell us she was talking to the man. I have had my own experiences and have told several of my stories on this site.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: