You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: One Last Time

Real Ghost Stories

One Last Time

 

On Christmas day 2006 I got a phone call that sunk my heart. It was my mother informing me that my Grandmother had passed away early that morning in her Henderson Nevada home. I was living at the time in Southern California, only about 2 1/2 hours away from her. My wife and I went about our Christmas morning rituals of breakfast, then presents. After all the presents where opened we left the kids with my mother-in-law and headed for Nevada.

The mood was very somber at my grandmothers home. Everyone tried to be up-beat, telling stories etc... But we were all very down. The whole day I had this strong feeling that I needed to see her one last time. The feeling was so strong that I couldn't let it go. She was going to be cremated the next day. My grandfather had made it very clear that he wanted no one to "bother her", as he put it, so I had my mother arrange a special viewing just for me before she was cremated.

I got to the funeral home at about 4pm on Dec. 26, and was greeted by a very nice man who led me to a small chapel on the property. Inside was totally empty except for my Grandmothers body lying on stretcher at the foot of the pulpit. I know this whole deal may sound strange to some, but, if you have ever lost some one you loved (by the way, my Grandmother and I were extremely close) then you can understand that you need some form of closer, and for me I felt I needed to see her one last time.

The man led me to the end of the pews and respectfully put his head down and crossed his arms. I felt like I floated the rest of the way to her, almost like it was a dream and none of this was real. I remember shedding a few tears and kissing her forehead, when, as clear as day I heard my name being called from behind me. I turned to look over my right shoulder, and there was my Grandmother, sitting on the first pew smiling at me. I was so shocked that I couldn't speak. I remember looking over at the gentleman who had brought me there, hoping that he was seeing the same thing I was, but he was still looking at the floor with his hands crossed respectfully. I remember looking back at her and she was still there. A sudden feeling of love and warmth overtook me and tears streamed down my face. I knew she was in a better place and that she would be watching over me. After what seemed like a very long time she was suddenly gone. I told the gentleman thank you and left.

To this day I'm not really sure if it was all just a figment of my imagination or she really was there with me. I like to believe that she was.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hauserss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

IBelieve (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
Whay a nice warming story. I think your grandmother probably felt that you needed to see her. I hope her passing wasn't to hard for you, knowing she's in a better place. Thanks for sharing your story
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
Hi and welcome. I realy liked this heart felt story and I'm very glad you sharred it with us. I feel very sorry for you. And if you think it was your imagination you are wrong! Have faith. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Shellie (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-23)
She loved you. She probably also neded to know that you were going to be okay. That is a very special gift.
Something similar happened to me when my grandpa died. I put the story on this site. I know how you feel. Feel very blessed, as I do, that you got one last contact from her. You are not crazy, or hysterical, or emotionally troubled. You are just loved by your grandmother. Be very blessed! ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-21)
I have heard way too much of this kind of thing to pass it off as imagination. Some would say we want the closure so badly we form the hallucination to satisfy our emotional state. If that was the case I'm sure everyone who has someone die close to them would be having this happen and we know it just isn't like that. Touching story and I am so glad you got to see her one more time until you meet again in the great Beyond.
Angel2008 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-21)
Thanks for sharing such a beautiful story...
i almost cried as a was reading it.

No. I don't think it was your imagination! She will have shown herself to prove that she is okay and in a better place now,, and she will always be looking down on you 😊
pinkroses (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-20)
Beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. You were truly blessed to see your grandmother one more time like that and know that she is your guardian angel. 😊
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-20)
That was a wonderful story and thank you for sharing it with us. It brought tears to my eyes while I was reading it. I know the bond that you are referring to, as I had the same type of bond with my grandmother. I also don't think it was your imagination. She needed you to see her to put your mind and heart at ease.
artfighter (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-20)
Now that was nice that you got to see your grandma one last time like that 😊 😉 just don't go to peices when she's gone now.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-20)
Thank you so much for sharing your very beautiful experience with us!

No, I do not think it was your imagination.

Your Grandmother knew you had to see her one last time, because she knew you. She knew that you, being who you are would need that type of closure. Her visiting you that day was to let you know she was happy and she had returned to her original home, with the Lord.

I know from reading your story, you will be reunited with her once again in Heaven,

God Bless!
mpgb216 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-20)
Hi Hauserss,
that's a very touching experience. I know it's not your imagination only that you've seen your grandma. I experienced something like... When my Father died, me and my sisters flew straight from Oman to my home country and direct to the Funeral Parlor. I was so surprised seeing my Dad in different view (very thin, black and the shape of his nose became so pointed like pinocchio), he even looked like one of the commedian-actor in my country who always appear in horror-comedy stories. My Dad used to be handsome, fair-skinned and medium built even when he was already paralyzed (he was paralyzed/bed-ridden for 6 years). On the day that he was inside the coffin, I was speaking to him from my mind and asked him if he was really my Dad, then all of a sudden, I saw his right eyebrow, moved up... I was surprised... Oh I thought that was just my imagination, perhaps due to being tired from the flight. The second time I went to him, I asked my other sister to accompany me, again he moved his right eyebrow so I said this is true already. On the 3rd time that night, he repeated that so I told him (from my mind because people might think I'm crazy if they see me talking verbally) "ok fine, I believed you, you're my Dad..." but it never ended there. I still feel him until the present time, he still touch my hair, he still tickle my foot whenever I take it out from the blanket... He does that to all of us... Perhaps he is letting us know that he is still with us even he doesn't have his physical body anymore...
miiish (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-20)
Hey Hauserss

I know it was not a figment of your imagination. I went through the exact same thing. I saw my grandfather after he passed. He wore his favourite clothes and simply smiled at me... As if to assure me that he is ok... Its wonderful how people we love and care for, even after passing make sure our journey is less painful. Grandparents are the most selfless human beings... They expect nothing and yet give us so much love:). You have beautiful memories, cherish them and be assured that your grandma is watching over you. God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-20)
Hauserss hello and welcome to the site.

I'd like to thank you for a heart warming story. I was deeply touched by the love you and your Grandmother shared as it is something I can very well relate to.

My Grandparents always said "our daughter's child (referring to me) is two times our child" which comes to prove the strong bond that grandchildren and grandparents share.

I think your loving grandmother was actually anticipating your last visit before moving on. I also think that she's not far because of her passing as I'm sure our beloved ones still exist around us, in a different dimension which our human limitations don't allow us to clearly perceive.

And yet, they see us, they share our fears and troubles, they cry and smile with us, they guide us and pray for us.

I,quite often speak to my grandparents and tell them that I miss them, that I thank them for the love they gave me and I feel comforted by the thought that one day, our family will be reunited in a more perfect world where death can't do us apart.

I hope that as for me, your own grandmother will remain a beautiful and warm memory deep in your heart.

God Bless her soul.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: