You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Sleep Walking Gone Bad

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Walking Gone Bad

 

This story happened when I was around 6-7 Years old. I was born in Portugal, but my nationality is Timorese/Chinese. We moved to Australia when I was 4.

Obviously nothing has been going on since, but one night, I was sleep walking; when you sleep walk you don't know you're doing it right? WELL I DID! I was actually trying to control my own body to go back to bed, but it wouldn't. I was scared but then I wasn't. I dunno, I was 6 so I guess I didn't really care.

I ended up going to the bathroom and since I was small, I couldn't see the mirror, or my own reflection for that matter, I could only see the tip of my head, and the only way to see my whole face was if I stood on the stool provided.

I looked up at the mirror, I walked back out and around the house, and that's all I remembered, I ended up going to the bathroom again and looked up at the mirror and THERE! There was this most hideous thing I have EVER SEEN white pale, freaky - I don't know... But it reached its hand out, I remembered I screamed and passed out.

I ended up waking up in my parents room.

Here is the freaky part. My mum didn't tell me this, but when we were at my Grandma's house I overheard my mum talking about the incident to my Aunties (4 of them - I have 6 Aunties and 7 uncles, all from the same grandma, I know big!) What I heard freaked me out, which at that time caused me to not be able to sleep by myself for 4 years and not be able to look at mirrors during the night (even until now - I cannot look at a mirror at night).

When my mum came in to get me, she saw a shadow figure over my body, she apparently yelled for my dad and grabbed me, what made her freak out even more was that, my eyes were opened and my face was white as snow.

If I ask her about the incident, she'll just ignore me or tell me to shut up.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by ominousnyxx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ominousnyxx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

flyclarinet (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-05)
Girlie: I know it is a little late, four years to be exact, but what freaked him out was his mom saying that he could see the shadow figure above his passed-out body.
Tenelen (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-15)
One thin people tend to forget is Silver and glass (silica) are great conductors of electricity. So if a spirit is made up of energy it is only logical that it could be used as portal or doorway for energy.
moonlightdancer (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
you now what I don't get?

How mirrors are supposedly meant to be like a doorway or some communication with ghosts but when all a mirror is, is a bit of silver with glass on it.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
Mirrors are often thought to be a type of communication between different entities. Thankfully you weren't hurt from this experiance, but you should be very carefull around mirrors, or at least that specific mirror (If you still have it). Good Luck and stay safe.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
ominousnyxx, tha is a very starnge and scary story!

And also the exact same toastymarshy isn't it scary!

With Care,

Princess123 x ❤
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
What did your mother say that made you frenke out. That is my only?. Anyway cool story.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
HI, what did your mother said that frenked you how is my only?. Anyway cool story.
GIRLIE 😕
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
That was a demonic spirit, from the depths of hell. Demons like to attempt at any means possible, to enter into the lives of people, starting when they are young. I myself have encountered much evil since the age of 6 and learned the best way to counter it is to build a strong relationship with God, not to use spells, curses, or any other remedies. Those remedies are built upon the demonic world, and may work for a while, but remember... You are basically temporarily relieving yourself of torment with the help of evil. Only Jesus can relieve you of these attacks, and do it for good. That is also NOT a prank. These spirits want you dead. God bless. Email at treygcs [at] hotmail.com if needed.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
I heard about those. They for me are terrifying. Thanks for sharring another good story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
senseye (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
theres always something about mirrors at night especially in toilets... 😨 I don't like to see anyone sleep walking what more with your kind of experience? 😨
Paulito67 (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-02)
Wow that really freaky I would terrifid to even look in mirror in the day.
seesomeghosts (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-02)
wow. That's really creepy. I've never actually experienced seeing or communicating with a ghost (scary or not) and you've given me another reason to hate mirrors at night.
templer_knight (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
It's interesting to see that I'm not the only one with an aversion to mirrors at night. I don't know why, but I am REALLY uncomfortable around mirrors when there isn't ample light in the room. The idea of having an uncovered mirror in my bedroom... (shudder)
crmanddkp (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-29)
wow that's really all I can say that would be really weird and I think I see why your mom didn't tell you about what she saw! 😊 god bless!
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-25)
Response to Unknown: Yeah, but the thing is, this was IN the mirror or maybe it was out of the mirror. I dunno, I didn't even look back. All remember was seeing, screaming and fainting.

Either way, I read somewhere (forgot) that mirrors are the portals to which spirits enter to our worlds from?

Thanks for the comments everyone!;]
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-25)
Creapy,ghost stuck in a mirror. I thought mirrors are suppose to scare spirits away because they hate to see their own reflection.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-25)
Whoa that sounds really scary! I got freaked out! 😨 Whenever I look into a mirror, I feel something is going to come behind me any minute! Anyway, nice story!
Biemaster
Teshiie (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-25)
wow, I have like 3 mirrors in my room but I can only see one. The one I can see I have this long sheet covering it because its a very long tall mirror but I can't sleep if there's nothing covering the mirror... Mirrors scare me!

That would be scary to see something in the mirror... Thanks for sharing the story.
twilightmary13 (3 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-24)
wow that was a pretty freaky story... I don't even like sleeping in a room were there are mirror cause I'm afraid something might come out of it and kill me to death... Lol 😉
Axl_the_Hunter (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-23)
I don't like looking in mirrors either.
Sorry bout what happened to you then.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-23)
What a trauma for so young of age.

I am glad you haven't had furthe experiences with 'it.

Thank you for sharing your story!

God Bless!
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-22)
My new house, my bedroom has a closet mirror. I'm able to sleep well, but I just don't open my eyes if I have to move. Lol
Just the thought of that thing showing up again, freaks me out.

Since I've read about Ghost and stuff, I've come to realise that it was just a spirit playing a prank on me I guess... But wasn't very nice, since it scarred me for life.

I couldn't even sleep by myself for 4 YEARS during that period in my life. Lol.
Everytime I did, I kept crying xD
jennykate488 (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-22)
😢 wow, I have never encountered anything in the mirror but I am still cautious about it. We have one of the mirrors on the wall that opens and closes and when I close it, I'm afraid ill see something standing behind me. But thanks for the story!
toastymarshy (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-22)
😨 I also don't like looking in the mirror at night cause once I saw a black figure, but what you saw sounds even scarier! It must have been really scary for you to have passed out! Good luck!

Toasting marshmallows xx 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: