You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Little Brother Plays with Our Great Grandfather

Real Ghost Stories

My Little Brother Plays with Our Great Grandfather

 

My name is Caitlin, and my Great Grandfather passed away in January and some things have been happening since he passed. My baby brother who is 2, only knows my Grandfather as Momo, that was one of his first words. And since he's only 2, he doesn't understand that "Momo" passed away. And so about a month after he passed, my brother would get up early every morning before everyone else, and he would play in his room, but one morning, he was playing and talking so loud he woke me and my step mom up.

And since I was already awake I told her she could go back to bed and I'd stay up with him. So it was me and my little brother awake, and he asked me "Hey sissy, you want to play with me and Momo!" I was speechless at this point and since I was still kind of tired I asked him again "Halen, who are you playing with?" And he said "I Play with Momo, he play cars with me..." I said, "Halen, is Momo here right now?" And he said "Yeap!" So by this point, I wasn't scared but actually kind of excited and puzzled at the same time.

I grew up in a very religious family, I am Christian, and I've ALWAYS believed in Angels, Spirits and Ghosts. So I wasn't scared. I woke my dad up, because it is my dad's grandfather, but since my dad never knew his father, that's who he considers his dad. And he said that this wasn't the first time Halen's talked to "Momo" and that he knew Halen could see him.

The next incident happened a week later and we were all cleaning the house and my brothers and sisters were playing in the play room, and all of a sudden I look over and my brother was standing at the door talking to himself, or someone else. So I said "Hey Halen, what are you doing?" And he said "Shh, wait" and than he turned back around to the door and says "Ok Momo, Goodbye I Love You!" and he ran back to me and says "I talk to momo Sissy!" By this point I was almost in tears, because I do miss my Momo so much, and just to have my brother be able to see him, is amazing.

Other little things have happened as well, nothing scary, I've taken them as signs that my Momo is there watching over us. But I am very curious, do you think it could be him? I hope it is, that way I know he's not really gone, he's there watching over us.

FYI: I Changed my brothers name in the story, Halen's not his real name. Thanks!

Other hauntings by tobgirl22

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tobgirl22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
This story is so beautiful!
I have always heard that young children are more able to see 'the other side' because they have not yet realized what is real, and what isn't.
It will be amazing, when he is a little bit older, if you ask him if remembers seeing 'Momo'
Hope to read more stories from you soon
Take care!
AminJanAhmed (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
This is absolutely amazing, I'm Muslim, but my grandfather is more a father figure to me than my father, and he is called Dada, or Mama Ji, and I'm afraid everyday of losing him. It breaks my heart.: (
jessipan06 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-30)
Ok you know what's creepy about this, my mom tells me that wen I was about that age I used to talk 2 my great grandpa, she says I was sitting down having dinner and asking her if she wasn't going 2 give food to the person sitting' beside me, and another time my dad's car was broken so he had 2 go 2 this other place (out side the province and I was bout the same age) by bus and 4 some reason I told him not to go on or he was gong 2 die, he dint pay attention 2 it because I didn't know what I was saying, so he got 2 the bus station but he didn't get on he just remembered what I said and just went home the next day in the news the bus had fallen down a cliff and only 2 people survived I was CREPED out like hell every time my mom tells me like now in actual life (im 13 now)... 😨 I swear I don like it wen my mom talks about this (this was all held in cuba)
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-29)
You grandfather is watching over you,tobgirl22.the only thing I know is you better check other stories, some involving 2-3 years old seeing ghosts of family and others...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-29)
What a touching story. Love has no bounds. Sometimes it's just the young people who are not jaded that can see it. He sounds like a wonderful man when here on earth and in the afterlife as well. I too am a Christian but unlike others that think all supernatural is of the devil I know different. They can come to visit and let us know they love us and are watching over us.
tobgirl22 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-29)
No it wasn't the last time he saw him, but these were the only times I'VE personally experienced this with my brother. I haven't really been around him much lately to notice if he was still seeing him or not. And yes, he was very close with everyone in out family. He did ANYTHING for ANYTONE, Well when he had the time to do it, which was a lot of the time. And a lot of my older cousins grew up knowing him as the only father figure in their lives, and what a great father figure he was. IS! Because he is ALWAYS in our hearts and we will ALWAYS remember the things he's thought us. Thanks for reading! Now that I know other people think strongly that it is him, I'm feel a lot better now! 😁
muahh (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
it gave me goosebumps and made me miss my "momo" 😢

when your brother said goodbye to him... Was that the last time he ever saw him?
Nathaliebaby (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
I deffinately think he is watching over you guys. The way you talk, he was very close to you. Sometimes I feel like my Grandpa is watching over our family.

God Bless... ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
What a heart tpuching story! Thank you so much for sharin it with us.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: