You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Saw Grandma

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw Grandma

 

This happened two years after my grandma died, I was 17, I'm now 27, for about a week I was dreaming of her every night, I couldn't figure out what she wanted, she kept trying to tell me something. My mother was telling me to go to church and light a candle for her because maybe she's not at peace.

I was sleeping one night, my mom was still awake and she was on the phone talking to family members that live in europe (they are six hours ahead), I was sound asleep when I suddenly woke up. It was pitch dark in my bedroom and I felt like I was woken up by something, I was 100% awake, I know I wasn't dreaming, and I noticed something in the corner of my eye it was a bright light. I looked over and I saw my grandma standing there just looking at me! Mind you I couldn't really see her facial features but I remember that she was wearing a white sweater, I was frozen in shock!

I tried to bang on the wall to call my mom because I couldn't scream, my hand froze mid air, she was standing there for what appeared to be about a minute When she finally disappeared. I ran out of the room and I was trying to tell my mom what I just saw but the words wouldn't come out, I was having a panic attack and had trouble breathing, my mom was going to call the ambulance but I stopped her and was finally able to tell her what I saw. I don't know if she believed me, she said I probably had a nightmare, I got defensive because I know it wasn't a dream, I was wide awake. I looked at the time it was 3:30 in the morning, I never went back to sleep that night.

About 2 months ago, I went to a really well known medium because my dad passed away in jan, 08 and I wanted to hear what she had to say about him and after my reading, she said to me, "your grandma visits you all the time as well she just doesn't want to make her presence known because she knows that she scared you half to death and she's sorry about that", the medium also told me that she came and woke me up between 3:30 and 4 in the morning. I couldn't believe that she mentioned that incident because I never even thought of that, I was strictly there to hear about my dad. But I'm happy to know that she's still around.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lolita, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lolita (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-04)
hi tonith, I was always afraid of the supernatural, its funny though cause I really do believe she was trying to prepare me for her visit by coming in to my dreams everynight, I remember even telling my best friend at the time that I had a feeling that I would see a ghost. Surely enough a couple of weeks go by and I see her, I wonder what my reaction would be like now if I were to see my dad. He comes into my dreams all the time. I was wondering if you ever dreamt of your mom, and if you were you able to have a conversation with her?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-02)
I to believe she visited you to assure you she would be at peace. Although she may pop in form time to time to look in on you, I do hope that she has been able to cross over in peace. Being stuck her (so to speak) would not be an eternity I would wish for nor would I want it for my loved ones.

Thanks for sharing.

God Bless!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
Some people are ready to handle this kind of visitation and some are not. I don't know if it's the vibe they send or just our reaction to something supernatural that makes our flight or fight instinct kick in. Even though your grandmother didn't mean to scare you it happened anyway. Must have been nice to hear from the medium that your grandmother was aware of your reaction and let it be known it wasn't her intention. I would like to think if I saw the spirit of say my mother, I would not be scared but truthfully, I don't know what my reaction would be. Sorry for your losses. It's stories like these that only cement my belief in an afterlife.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-30)
lolita hi and welcome to the site.

I'm trully sorry for your losses. I believe that our loved ones simply cross to the other side, they may not exist in the same form as we do but still exist. I don't see death as the end but the beginning of an everlasting, more perfect existence. In our everyday lives we are constantly given proof that this perfect world exists but we sometimes choose to ignore it. It's up to us to open our minds and hearts to trully see beyond our little imperfect universe.

Be certain that both your grandmother and father are near you, to protect you, to watch your every step. And yes, I have to agree that your grandmother's intention wasn't to terrify you but to let you know she will always be there for you. Cherish her love.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: