You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Ghost Pets

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghost Pets

 

When I was five, I got a great rabbit that we named Elvis. He was a lopp rabbit with tan ears and patches of fur, a mainly white colored, and a minimal amount of black fur. I spent all of my time with him, except school, meals, and sleeping. He would run around my legs in circles, giving out little happy-grunts.

As I aged, he did too. He was still running around, nails clacking on our basement floor, just like the happy-go-lucky bunny he was. One day when I was nine (3/4), I was talking about what we would do with him when he passed away.

I then went to my basement to play video games, and I looked over at his cage and saw him laying against the front of it. I went over to pet him, and I saw that his eyes were closed. Being that he was 7 years old, which is a long life for a lopp rabbit, I knew he had passed away, less than half an hour after I played with him last.

My family was very sad, and we got him cremated and buried his ashes in our backyard. I cried for the next couple nights, and I guess he saw that I was and gave me signs that he was ok. I had dreams about him, as well as the rest of my family, and I occasionally heard the clinking of his toenails in our basement.

One dream that I remember, though it is vaguely remembered, was the night after his death. I was playing with him again in the basement, though in my dream I still knew he was in heaven, and I just felt that he was ok.

A couple month's later, I got a new guinea pig named Cocoa. She was nice, and she always liked it when I was around. The only thing bad I noticed was that she wouldn't walk into the area where Elvis's cage was. Around the end of her life, though I didn't know it was, she started to lick my thumb when I pet her. When we had her for seven months, she was acting a little weird, so we took her to the vet.

She had an upper respiratory system infection. After this, I made sure that I played with her more often and checked what she was eating was safe for her. Only nine months after we got her, she died. I had no idea she would, because it was so sudden, but earlier that day I just felt that we needed to take some pictures of her with us.

Then, only an hour after the last picture, she started to suffocate in my hands, making weird shrieking and choking sounds. We prayed for her as she left our world, and she went as peacefully as she could. The next couple of days, I had dreams of her and I'm in my basement, I heard squeaking sounds and occasionally felt something on my thumb, which I expected was her spirit.

To this day, I haven't experienced anything but I still pray for both of them.

Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, seesomeghosts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NadimahElizabeth (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
It is very validating hearing your experience, most of my pets made it clear they are healthy and happy after they passed on so I don't doubt for a second that yours love you and wanted to reassure you the same. No matter what people say about them not having a soul... They will be in heaven. God said he will grant us the desires of our hearts, and who doesn't desire to be reunited with the ones they love?
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Sounds like you had both of your passed pets, come back and let you know that they were happy and that they are healthy and that they know you miss them, and they will always be with you, not in thier animal form, but thier spirtit form.
Thanks for sharing your story. 😊
noblesbilly (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
I too had a guinea pig that we loved very much. His name was Buddy He was a long haired Perivian Guniea Pig. He was very a part of our family. He got phneumonia and died he was almost 2. I held him in my arms in a towel and prayed for the little thing when he died. He is now buried in our backyard. We made a little graveyard. So I know that feeling. And I also believe that they can come back to let you know that they are at rest. So always keep in mind that you probably will see them again. I try to believe this it helps with the grief. I would like to keep the belief that anything we lost and loved we will see once again.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
It seems you were very caring and loving to your animals. They were very lucky to have you as a pet. 😉
seabird (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-06)
Beautiful story! You can tell that you really loved and cherished Elvis and Cocoa. I don't know what I will do when it's time for my pets to pass, but hopefully I can look forward to experiences like yours. Unlike other posters, I am a Christian and I do believe that all of those you love, including your pets will be reunited with you in heaven. I really enjoyed reading your story!
MidniteRed (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-06)
Collin, since seesomeghosts wasn't asking if their pets were indeed in heaven perhaps you could have kept your beliefs to yourself. Especially since you wrote that you "don't want to be mean..." Not all Christians believe that animals don't have a soul.
Collin395 (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
i don't want to be mean but I don't think animals go to heaven. I'm a christian and we don't believe animals go to heaven because they have no real soul
anikenlee (5 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
Don,t be that sad, death is a part of life lol! It was normal for a living thing to died,so,cheer up 😉
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
Wow, very beautiful story! I am very sad for the loss of your pets, especially Cocoa, because she died of a health problem. But, as Rhodes said, Death ia part of life which you have to go through. I think both your pets saw how much you loved them and so, they came to comfort you. I hope you get a new pet and that, that pet lives as long as you wish! May your happiness and lovingness always be with them!
Biemaster
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
I'm sorry for the loss of both your pets but,unfortunately, death is a part of life. No matter how much pain it causes, we need to accept it and try to make the best out of our time in this world.

I'm happy that both your pets were loved and taken care of by you and your family. I can only say that I, too, believe they come back to show us their gratitude for the life they've had.

Cherish the moments you shared with them and keep them close to your heart.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: