You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Hauntings in an Abandoned Town

Real Ghost Stories

Hauntings in an Abandoned Town

 

This story is about a rather small abandoned town. This town is called "Old Dora..." Now, I know I have mentioned this town before, but in that story, I only talked about what was going on inside the old methodist church there. This time. I'm going to tell you some of the things that have happened in and around the other buildings around Old Dora. I guess we'll first start off with the old furniture store.

Me and my cousin Sean had been ghost hunting a few weeks back, so we decided to go and check out some of the old buildings in the forgotten town. So, we hopped into my car and drove down there. We parked in front of the old furniture store.

We couldn't go in the top floor, it was falling in and we didn't want to risk having it fall in with us, so we went back behind the building to find an open basement door. We walked inside, and there was an instant chill in the air. Well, we started walking around, trying to communicate with the spirits and such, and then I walked into the middle of the basement. There was nothing around me that I could have snagged myself on. I have a wallet chain. And as I was standing there looking towards the stairs that went us to the first floor. I felt a tug at my chain. I looked back to see if it was Sean, but Sean was on the other side of the room. I looked down in time to see my chain hovering in the air beside my waste, but then it fell back into place.

I told Sean about it excitedly, so we decided maybe to go up the stairs to the first floor and see if we could see anything. So, I start walking up the stairs, and as soon as I reach the top one, Sean goes. "Whoa!" And then he jumps down and starts running towards the back of the room. I asked what it was and he said he saw a black shadow looking figure crouching down and as soon as he noticed it it took off, but there was nothing in the room, and nowhere it could have hid.

There is a building right beside the furniture store, but this place is locked up tightly. Well, we decided to joke around, so I knocked on the wood they had placed over the windows and said, "Anybody home?" As soon as I finished my sentence, something knocked back at us. It couldn't have been somebody messing around, because this building has been locked up since the town was first abandoned. That and it's locked up so securely, I doubt anyone could have gotten inside.

Now for our last portion of this story, the train station. The top floor of this building is gone completely, rotted away. So, we shimmied our way over to the stairs leading down to the basement. The stairs looked like something out of a horror movie, they were tilted to the side. Well, we walked down there to find that the floor was now nothing more than a huge pile of rubbish. I hopped over onto this old mattress and stared up at the large hole in the ceiling which would have been the first floor's floor. And suddenly from the opposite direction of the door, meaning whatever did this was on the other side of the very large hole no one could get across. I'm just standing there, and I hear these footsteps... Soft at first, but as they neared the large hole, they got heavier,. And an old magazine fell from the hole and landed at my feet. It was an old Time magazine.

Well, that pretty much wraps up some of the things that have happened in that old abandoned town, hope you liked it. Be safe and happy hauntings.

Other hauntings by Kevan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kevan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
To YourMoon, Awesome, just be careful when you go there, They've torn down a good bit of the buildings, and the ones that are still standing are in pretty rough condition, just be careful, and I hope you enjoy it:)
-YourMoon- (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-15)
omg I live in sumiton, Alabama right next to there I'm going to go check it out sometime!
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
To TwistedwispersNeko. Go for it man, I hope you guys enjoy it if you get to go.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
...I would love to go there. Looks like next summer, my friends and myself, need to take a trip over there.
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-08)
to pinkroses. Yeah, it's located in Alabama. In Walker county. Thanks. We love just going there at night and checking these old buildings out. It's pretty fun.
pinkroses (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-08)
Sorry if this seems to be a silly question, is this town "Old Dora" in Alabama? I never heard of it and am curious to where it is. And also that is very brave of you to go to an old abandoned town, especially at night. Glad you did so you can tell about it. Thanks for the story, enjoyed it. 😁
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
To Biemaster. Thanks a lot, I'm glad you like it. Yeah, the magazine thing freaked me out a little, but it was still a great experience.

To Shada. Yeah, I kept the magazine, I have it put up in a paper protector. Yeah, Sean and I joked about the wallet chain too. Now every time we go ghost hunting and something happens to one of us. We'll tell the other one and we alway say, "Are you just pulling my chain..."
shada (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
Very cool story. Did you keep the magazine? I think my favorite part was the yanking on your chain (possibly a comedian ghost?). Anywho, I would love to hear more!
Shada
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
Wow awesome story, definatley a favorite of mine! It must be cool to roam in a "Haunted Town"! The part which scared me most was when the magazine well down after the footsteps! It was really exciting to read this story!
Biemaster

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: