You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Spirit Attack

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Attack

 

I'm 17 years old and a special kind of ghost hunter. This story took place in 2001; I was about 7 years old. I had just watched the movie "The 6th Sense" with my 6 year old brother and my mother. I had asked my mom if I can sleep down here in the living room, because the house was cold and we had a fire going on at the time to make things warm. My mother told me I could sleep down stairs and my brother asked me if I could get his things to so he can sleep down there to. I was being mean to him and told him "No you can get it yourself..." My mother then told me to get his things, not able to say no to her I headed up stairs (we had a two story house) to get our things.

Once I made it to the top of stairs, my body felt heavy and I was unable to move any part of my body. Since I had already turned to look in to the room (the door was open at the time) and my right arm was very close to the switch that turns on the light in mine and my brothers room, I saw a figure come from my side of the room. It looked like it was an old lady carrying a hunter's knife. The old woman looked like she was wearing a veil and a white dress; it may have been a mourning dress (the dress women wear to a funeral). The woman slowly made her way to me.

Paranoid as I was I had never been attacked by a ghost and did not understand why I could not speak or move any parts of my body. During the time I was missing my brother wondered where I was, he came up the stairs and started talking to me, once he saw the woman he froze too. About 5 minutes later I moved my hand and turned on the bedroom light, the woman then disappeared. Freaked out as I was I ran down the stairs with my brother following right behind me and we told our mother what we saw.

She went up and investigated and found nothing. Once we got our things we went back down stairs they acted as if nothing happened, I thought I heard some one quietly laugh as they walked away. The next morning I found a scar on my left arm near the elbow, it looks like a hunter knife cut it. To this day I don't know what it was that attacked me.

Other hauntings by Kira

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kira, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
I don't know what will happen to me if that happen to me I may have to fight lol, but Anyway I hope that don't happen to you anymore and sure thought your brother love you I mean I am an only child I have no brother and sister in my life I know it an't fun and yeah most have to repect your mother and I hate it too but she born you and my born me yep. Wonder where that ghost woman come from and the funeral veil sure is creepy.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
i think JPing says it all. Again, I read a story on this site and want to click to another site.
Chilled (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
😭 soooooooooooooooooooooooo scary! 😨 Did 6th sence have something to do with this? 😕
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-03)
I find your stories very hard to believe owing to the alarming number of holes in them.

First and formost you don't know how old you are, you sleep on cars and you believe yourself to be some sort of angel-demon-vampire-werewolf hybrid.

Am I missing something?
Elahie (3 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
im freaked out, I love scariness, but wow that must have been like OMFG! But I don't think she cut you, like if I get really scared or mad then I do something and I get a cut I don't realise it until I calm down. Oh and what ups with you were 7, I was planning to insult you bout that but it was already mentioned 😢
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
the same thing happened to me when I watched the entity for the first time I thought I saw a ghost out of the corner of my eye but it was just me being paranoid about being raped by a ghost.
How did you become a special kind of ghost hunter anyway, it sounds interesting but I couldn't have it as a career, not enough funding involved
ghostgal2008 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
I meant a ghost hunter or a clairvoyant! Because I think I have a sixth sence and I would like to help people out if they needed getting rid of a ghost.
ghostgal2008 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
Thats freaky! I want to become a ghost grow up I loved to get scared and I love anything paranormal. I especially found it freaky that it was an old lady in a wedding dress maybe she was seeking revenge.
Axl_the_Hunter (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-06)
Sorry every one I made a mistake, I was 10 when this event happened not 7, and also I'm sorry for my typo's.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-06)
I'm not trying to pass judgement here, just state a question: Is it wise to let a 6-year-old watch the 6th sense?

If I may also ask, isn't expected, to say the least, that when you watch a film involving a little boy who "sees dead people" you will end up sharing the experience?

If I may suggest something and I hope you won't take it the wrong way, following the career of a "special ghost hunter" who battles against evil forces (I learnt that by reading your profile) doesn't guarantee you much of a future. Instead, there are so many other productive things you can do in life.

Please consider that.
fizzypulp (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-06)
Hi
Great story but I'm a little confused.
You are 17 now and this happened 7 years ago when you were 7?
you were either 10 when it happened or only 14 now!

very interesting that both you and your bro could see but maybe watching the sixth sense either unlocked your abilities or put your imagination into overdrive.
Please keep us updated.
K
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
Hey, I think its ironic that you saw the 6th sense then on the same night you saw a ghost! That must have stunk! Anyway I'm glad you took the time to understand more about the paranormal after your experiance and even become a ghost hunter! In fact when I get older I was thinking about becoming a ghost hunter along with my friend.

Thanks again!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
Axl,
What type of special ghost hunter are you? I am dying to know what that means!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: