You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Unforgettable Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Unforgettable Experience

 

I was only 15 years old when we moved to this old fashion house in the province, everyone was very hospitable and happy. I was wondering about how they can live so simple when everything could be more exciting. I became interested in their lifestyle and started talking and asking about anything that comes out of my mind. Until my uncle started telling me something like "You should always be careful and aware of your surroundings because this is a new place for you and you are a new face for everyone in this town..." I don't get what he meant... But I just agreed and moved on.

One night as I was about to sleep I heard a weird noise. It sounded like a big cat scratching the wall of the room, with long sharp claws. I was so pissed that I can't sleep because of that, I slammed a book into the wall and made a big noise that disturbed my sister. But the noise stopped so it's better. My room is located beside big trees, when you look out of the window you'll see a farm and feel fresh air, so I thought it's just one of those animals who likes to fool around at night with those weird noises.

In the morning I told my parents about it but they didn't care much. The next night the scratching started again, my little sister was scared because now it constantly changed places but would did not stop even when I again slammed a book to where the sound was coming.

By the way the house was made of thick old wood, everything can be heard from the ground up to the 2ndfloor ,especially when someone is wearing high heels, you know what I mean?. It is an antique house that has big windows where 2 people can jump out of it when it's open and hard wood doors. Some part of the house needs to be fixed and walls need to be change before it collapses. My parent's room is in the other side so probably they cannot hear anything so much because of the toilet and another room between us.

The weird sound continues and it seems like whatever the purpose of the scratching I felt IT can actually make a hole, the idea made me nervous so we went to our parent's room and woke them up. Dad checked every corner of the room and assumed that it might be a big rat or something and the noise already stopped before he could actually hear it so he did not pay more attention to it, we stayed the night to our parent's room for 4 nights in a row.

Then the day where my parents visited an old friend from a different town so I invited my 2 friends to sleep over with my younger sister and I to keep us company and fool around. I told them the story about the scratching and they were excited to hear that and planned to catch the so called cat or rat that night. At around 10pm we started preparing to call it a night after watching 3 movies and gossiping. They remembered the plan and started getting some sort of weapons like knife, baseball bat and ice pick, I chose the baseball bat for it is just for scaring the creature I don't like killing any animal for that matter. So we placed the "weapons" beside us. My little sister was not so excited about it so she went to sleep and didn't want to have anything to do with the idea.

We were getting sleepy when the noise started. I whispered to my friends "do you here that? It's IT!" they are both quiet trying to figure out what kind of animal is making that weird noise. "It's not a Cat or Rat..." this time it's making the scratching deeper. I woke up my sister and asked her to move because I'm going to throw big books on that side where she was sleeping because that's where IT was. I got all 3 big encyclopedia books and BAM slammed tem at that side of the wall. I was shocked by the noise it made but more petrified by what we found out, IT was so shocked by the slamming; we heard it spread a sort of wings and fly.

My friend said "this is not good... what kind of bird would do this? As I remember Birds stay where they cannot be invaded but why this one comes back every night? You know what? I don't think this is an animal". My friend went to the kitchen and got us salt and garlic. He said it can be helpful.

We slept and got disturbed again by the scratching I checked the time its 3am and wake everyone up "It is here again!" my little sister was sleeping beside me I don't want to wake her up so I just carry her and move her to a sofa bed near the closed door and window. My friend starts cursing the creature telling IT that we are not afraid, if IT will be able to come inside the house we will not stop until he bleeds to death (that's a strategy to send a message that we are not afraid) but honestly I don't understand what it is but I'm too afraid to open any window to check because we are trying to stay safe inside the house until morning and besides the windows are too big.

Until now I get shiver down my spine when I remember this.

We continue making noises and swearing to IT and then it stopped for while and I thought it's finished just like the same old nights, but to my horror he started scratching the window next to my sister and it's like IT wants to fold the window with it's bare hands and claws. I was too terrified to see if the window is actually moving and forced to be open from the outside. I hit the window again and again and didn't know what else to do.

My sister now started crying and she said she had a nightmare that an old lady with very ugly makeup was pulling her out of that window with her big hand and long nails. That's when my friends and I was convinced that this is not an ordinary bird or cat or rat... I got the phone, called my parents and asked them to come home immediately... NOW! I didn't have the courage to tell them the details yet so I just hang up the phone.

All of us did not sleep. We sat all together at the far corner where we can breathe. IT was still there scratching trying to get near my sister but we put the salt and garlic around her I don't know why but I guess it helps a little because IT don't know where to scratch anymore. When our parents arrived we are all exhausted, we tried to convince them about IT but of course for them its nonsense. My Uncle checked my room and asked me all about it; he checked the walls inside, nothing. He went and out got a ladder and checked the walls outside, BINGO! There are the marks of the scratching, very deep scratching, and looks like a mark of an angry tiger or beast. Then my parents were convinced. My uncle reminded me to be careful because this world is not just for us. Something could find us very interesting and would like to test if we are useful or not. I think now I understand what he's trying to say...

I don't expect everyone to believe... Because I know this is very impossible.

I'm just wondering does anyone know something like this.

Other hauntings by senseye

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, senseye, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

hmbeck09 (11 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-16)
I honestly don't know what to say...,,,,,...,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,,,,.

😕
curiouswriter (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-19)
While it's good that it seems a lot of people are familiar with the existence of stories about the Mananangal and Aswang, I would like to point out that all the stories I've heard and read about the creatures all agree that they prefer to attack victims that are alone. Furthermore, the Mananangal prefers pregnant victims, it uses its tongue to abort the fetus and suck the fluids from the womb (I haven't heard of anything about it drinking blood from people alone). The Aswang would have been closer since they are the ones that feed on human flesh and blood, but the Aswang rarely attacks people in their homes. But, it should be noted that Filipinos, especially those from the countrysides, often use the term Aswang as a blanket term for a lot of supernatural entity.

I hope no one hates me for giving a different opinion, but I think this is closer to a demonic entity. I seem to recall my mother tell me a story that happened to an acquaintance of her with the same details as this; the scratching noise that repeats through nightly.
bettinawesome (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
I don't know if this is effective or not but my granpa used to tell my mom to keep scissors near the bed so that when they hear something flapping (like flapping wings or the sound of the said manananggal's wings) and when they see a tongue they should cut it. I never believed in those stories but I like reading them. That's a pretty fantastic one you've got there! If you've got more stories or what you can contact me via Twitter. (at Wackynme) Thanks and yeah always bring salt in the countryside, you may never know when you need it.:)
supernoble7 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
Wow,
This scared the crap of me. I hope I never have to experience filipine spirits
jay_lee (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
thanks for that story senseye... It really scared the hell out of me... Lolx 😨

[at] shadow_witch > nice comment... You should've kept it to yourself! Haha... 😆 😆
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-13)
That's pretty scary. Did it ever come back while you lived in the same house? In a way it's good it left scratch marks on the outside of the house because otherwise it sounds like your parents wouldn't have believed you. They wanted proof it was actually there. Even if it was some crazy animal trying to get in that's still scary to me.
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
Quote:
"One more thing, if it happens again, wake your sister up, look for its long tongue, if possible, grab its prosboscis-like tongue and tie it to somewhere firm. Do not let it escape, it'll die by sunrise."

Omg that made me laugh! 😁
paranormgirl005 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
I'm Filipino and I think that's a mananaggal, too. Everything that JohorMsia said is right. It's good that you moved out of that place. They are usually found in provinces and if you don't want to encounter one, live in the cities. I believe that they do exist and they are deadly. I'm happy that no one got hurt. It seemed to favor your sister, so it's good that she didn't get hurt. It was wise of you guys to prepare weapons, in case it got in. Thanks for the story.
DX (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
i have one too and I need a site with that wiplash sound since my parents are too ignorent to listen and I don't have the money to get a stingray
ashley18 (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
thats a manananggal! Lol 😆 is it? Because you have a salt and garlic I'm a right? Are you going to cook with your friends in the middle of the night? Hehehe just joking...piece:P anyweiz... Thanks for sharing your experienced... Take care and godbless:) mwaaahhxxx... 😁
senseye (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
i also heard that if you go to some isolated place and notice weird people starring at you, never ever eat or drink food that they will offer as a welcome gift. You can pretend to love it so they won't get offended but its better to be careful. The reason is because they can actually pass the curse (Aswang) to you and this is just one way of doin that.

Thank you for all the comments and suggestions... Atleast now I know what to do next time and reading all of the comments made me feel like there are things that really unbelievable but possible.

God Bless Everybody!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
I had never heard of these types of creatures until this story, very fascinating. I am sure you were more terrified than fascinated, but...

Thanks for sharing our story with us!
Gd Bless!
senseye (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
rumpoint I also heard that stingray is very effective but until now that I'm already 25 I still can't imagine myself goin out and facing that creature. At that moment all I can think of is how to fight IT when he/she finds its way inside the house. 😨
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
Aswang (wendigo) is supposed to be some sought of messenger and I heard (agreeing with johormsia) that it drains the blood from its chosen victims body with its really long needle like tongue, they're only supposed to come out at night and they won't stop until its drained the amount of blood it wants from its victim sun light can kill, I saw a film about this sought of wendigo it was such a rubbish film that I never took much notice of it until I read your story, be careful and good luck.
senseye (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
i heard about "Aswang" from people I have talked to but I didn't believed it... After this incident I think it is really posible. We already moved back to the city after 6 months, Thank Goodnes! But I will never ever forget that night. We moved a lot until my parents went abroad because of work.

it was so scary I never thought it will happen to me...
rumpoint (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
Thanks Senseye for sharing a very scary experience. It's a good thing that you didn't go out to check it out of curiousity. Yes it might be a Mananangal or it might be a shape shifter commonly called Aswang. Aswang has many versions like "tik-tik" or "wak-wak" or"sigbin" in the visayas region. I suggest that you investigate first like asking some trusted neighbors if there was history of some sightings of such creatures in your area. It is better to know first what you are dealing with before you take actions. Remember, that these creatures can really hurt people and sometimes kills them. But as far as I can remember, my grand father used to tell me that these creatures hates the sound of whiplash made from the tail of the stingray/manta-ray. What you can do is go out of the house and whip the tail of your stingray in the air and on the beam of the house and you have to shout at IT telling not to come back again or IT will feel the pain of the whip. You should also keep the whip near you.

I hope you could get rid of this creature and I know the whip will be effective. The question is, who will be fearless enought to go out of the house to do it.

thanks again and good luck.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
I agree with Johor, after reading about the Manananggal and Aswang <-- (That is so funny)

You should hang Garlic or Onion around your windows. Also, since a Manananggal drops its lower torso and hides it, if you're brave enough, go and find it, sprinkle salt and crushed garlic over it, this prevents it from coming back to its body and thus dying at sunrise.

This is really scary. XD
shada (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
Very interesting. Warding your house, especially your sister's room is a good idea. Salt is good for the short term, but as you found out it can be messy. Warding or protecting depends on your religion, talk to someone you trust in your religion. If you don't have someone you trust look up some ways. Crystals, charms,incense, satchels of herbs, holy water or oil are all good ways to help protect your house. If you do, make sure you do this in a one way fashion, it will make whatever you are getting rid of have to move out the front or back door. Whatever you do will need you to believe, and if your family believes that's even better. Good luck and keep us informed.
JohorMsia (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
Hi, I believe your story. You are from the Philipines, I am sure you have heard of the term 'Aswang' or 'Manananggal'. The thing that scratch the walls of your house I believe is a Manananggal and about the dream of the old lady your sister had perhaps is a warning from God. Well if you check it out in the internet, a Manananggal is a human by day and a vampire which sprouts out bat-like wings at night. It severes its upper torso before flight leaving the lower bottom of her body behind which is usually well hidden. I am not sure what makes a Manananggal but another version in Malaysia is the Penanggal. Also a vampire by night, the difference is it severes its head, flying out into the night with its entrails dangling. Penanggal is woman who dabbles in black magic and somehow is cursed to become one. For more info on that you can google search it. The wikipedia provides a lot of info regarding these creatures. Though it sounds bizarre and impossible, one things for sure, they exists.

One more thing, if it happens again, wake your sister up, look for its long tongue, if possible, grab its prosboscis-like tongue and tie it to somewhere firm. Do not let it escape, it'll die by sunrise.

This thing can hurt your sister without entering the house. It uses its long prosboscis tongue to drain blood from its victims. Becareful and I wish you and your family safety.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: