You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Happenings in Thailand

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Happenings in Thailand

 

This is my first story share of my experiences and definitely not my last, I can start off first that my mother is from Thailand and my father is from Harlem, NYC. So my mom always told me her beliefs in the spirit world. My dad on the other hand always told me, that spirits can't hurt you physically.

I moved to Thailand with my family in 1994. We were transferred there for six years and since my mother was from there , my dad figured it would be nice to know that side of the family. I was in the 4th grade, in a new country and trying to adjust to our new home. My room was enormous and I had my own bathroom. My room was at the end of the hall, my younger brother’s room was in the middle of the hall and my parents were on the other end. I believe this was a month after we moved in. I was taking a bath. I had carpet on my bathroom floor by the way. So when I was finally done, I put one foot out and BOOM! Something pushed me out the tub and I fell and caught myself on the counter. Now mind you, I had carpet on the floor so I know I didn't slip out the tub. I felt some type of force push me out! I ran naked to my parents room and told her what happened. That same night she called my grandmother (her mom) and my grandmother said we should have had the house blessed.

So that very weekend, it was a lot of monks that came if I can remember it was 8 or more. They came to bless the house .We had to pray and I was told to wear these 3 black and gold Buddha bracelets for 3 months. I still have them to this day. Afterwards everything seemed fine but little things every now and then would happen. For instance we had a housekeeper Khun Tong Phoon (her name) she had her room beside the kitchen but she always ended up in my room sleeping on the floor. She would tell my mom she would hear knockings on her walls, movement in her room when she was the only one in there. Now from what I was told Thailand has numerous names, The Land of the Smiles, The Land of the Dead or The Land of Spirits. Everyone in my building had a housekeeper, so what they did would get together and talk about different occurrences in my building and the other buildings that were housed with American families. Each building had what its called a spirit house and my mom would go downstairs every weekend and pay her respects.

Another incident happened when my dad was out of the country so my brother and I would sleep in my moms room with her. My mom was on her side, my brother was in the middle and I was on my dads side. I was awakened by some sort of talking going on in the late middle of the night, when I peeked my eyes open, there sitting at the foot of the bed on my side, was 2 little boys ghostly figures. I wasn't too scared because I seen they were little boys, but just in a white light appearance. They were sitting at the foot of the bed laughing and pointing at me saying " Your a bad girl!" , giggling and pointing at me. I shut my eyes so hard and I covered my ears so I couldn't hear them. I told my mom the next day and she laughed at me, not because she didn't believe me but she said those little boys were right, I was being a bad girl and I was.

But my last incident I will share for the moment happened in another building, I was with my younger brother who was seven years old at the time and I was nine. We were walking with our housekeeper (a new one because our first one left because she was too scared) on the top floor where the pool was at. My brother and I were walking by the pool, the sides weren’t wet at all because no one was in the pool .All of a sudden when I turned my back my housekeeper was screaming for me, I ran up and I seen her trying to pull my brother out the pool. He was a small skinny boy and she was struggling to pull him out ,so I grabbed his other arm and it took us five minutes to get him out the pool! He said something pulled him in , he held onto the drain, and was yelling for us. Our housekeeper was explaining to my mother that something was still pulling him into the water. I vouched for her because it took us five minutes to yank him out! He was such a small boy and for two people pulling him out was unbelievable. A couple of weeks went by and when my mom came home, she pulled me aside and explained to me what was pulling my brother down.

She had talked to a couple of the people in the building where we were at, and apparently a young boy drowned there years ago. No one ever swims in that pool by themselves because it is said that the boy tries to pull you down with him. And that day it really caught us off guard ,even still my brother tells what happened every now and then .I'm 23 and he is 20 but he said he will never forget that day and how he almost lost his life because the boys spirit was pulling him down. And I to this day will never forget when I was pushed while I was coming out my bathtub. Weird Weird Weird & scary. I'm glad I'm back in the states!

Not saying it doesn't happen here, but I'm not in Thailand nor in our old apartment building.

Other hauntings by vanelle22

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vanelle22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

chiara6821 (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
I got dragged in the beach once it turns out that there was a girl who drowned from a ship wreck 😨
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
Cool story, Vanelle. Related with great detail and genuine fear/concern. Looking forward to hearing more from you, should you encounter anything worth reporting in the future.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
Mmm, I haven't heard of the "Water Ghost" in thailand, but I have heard of one in "East Timor"

Apparently a pregnant lady was drowned in a lake by her brother and now she's seeking revenege. She only kills men (cause apparently she doesn't remember what her brother looks like)

my aunty said that there were reports of 16 Men dying at that lake.

The freaky thing was, my aunty said that when the 8th man drowned there, there was hardly any water. She told us (my cousins & I) that he drowned from the inside (Like water was being put inside of him)
vanelle22 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! I have heard about that! That's what my grandmother was telling me...I'm tellin you, I even asked my brother about it the other day and he was like he wasn't in the mood to talk about it... Matter of fact now that I think about it, my brother steers far away from pools ever since that incident... It happened when he was young but he is 20 going on 21 now... But my mom is a heavy believer and I believe it as well but try not to get into it too much because I was able to block all those occurances that happened when I was over there...

I can picture it like it was yesterday his legs were just in the water while were were trying to pull him out... And you know if your trying to get out the water your legs are kicking... Well he was only kicking one leg, the other you can tell was being pulled cause it was straight... Mmmmmmm creeeeeeepy I tell you...
JohorMsia (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
Interesting, just want to share with you an info about numerous accounts that I have heard of. Have you heard of the 'water ghost'? That is the term for the ghost of drowned victims. According to some people, these ghosts will try to drown another person in order to replace them so that they will be set free. Well this cyle never ends it keeps going on and on.
vanelle22 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
I believe its possible... Clairvoyant abilities being hereditary... Because my mom has had different occurances at night in her bedroom which freaked me to death... My dad wasn't too into beliveing it until an incident happened with him... But yes that country has a lot of spirits just walking or floating around... Its pretty amazing and scary at the same time.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
Wow. My Aunty and her Uncle use to live in Thailand for like 1 year before moving to Australia. But I believe you; all those names; "Thailand has numerous names, The Land of the Smiles, The Land of the Dead or The Land of Spirits..."

This is probably because of war. My aunty told me that her and her uncle lived in this oldish apartment and they would see spirits floating around, 2 apparently floated towards them and my uncle got his pillow and waved it around in the air which scared them off.

Apparently some people in my family says that one of my uncles (My aunty's brother - Not to confuse you with my Aunty's uncle;p - I have 7 uncles and 6 aunties - 14 children in total) is (apparently) able to see ghosts.

Is clairvoyant abilities hereditary? O.o"

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: