You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Happiness Was Shattered When I Found Out My House Was Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

My Happiness Was Shattered When I Found Out My House Was Haunted

 

When I was little I thought of my house was the best until I realized that there were things that were un-explainable going on. I've always been interested in ghosts and paranormal activity but, I never thought that it would happen to me!

The first thing that happened was when I was 10 years old. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth my mum was outside in the garden smoking with my grandma. Then, it went really quiet and I heard a knock on the bathroom door I opened the door to find no-one was there. I was really freaked out by this so, I went down stairs opened the garden screen door and in a really quivering voice I said " M mum, d did y you j just k knock o on t the b bathroom d door?" She said "No sweetie". My grandma said she didn't either. They reassured me that nothing was nothing to worry about so; I went back upstairs and finished brushing my teeth. Things were okay after that but, not for long!

About eight months later I was sitting on the floor near the basement door playing and, all of a sudden I hear this low deep grumble coming from inside the basement. I thought nothing of it at the time and continued playing. That night when I was in bed I thought to my self "Was that noise coming from the basement the furnace? No, it couldn't have been .It's impossible for a fernace to make such a low noise!" I finally got to sleep that night and again things were great for awhile until two years later!

Two years later my friend was over for a sleepover it was just after my twelfth birthday and my mum had gotten me this toy horse that neighs when you touch its forehead. That night I had left the horse on the top of my toy basket. At about midnight I was wide awake when all of a sudden I heard this "Neigh, Neigh neigh..." It made me jump out of my skin"! Was my horse being played with by unseen hands?

Other stuff has happened which includes more noises from the basement, doors opening a closing on their own accord, weird noises in the night, people's faces turning up in pictures I have taken.

It always feels like someone's watching me! What should I do? Please feel free to comment! Thank you for reading my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostgal2008, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Have you told your mom and grandma? They might think it's crazy. Just let them know. If they're not listening, we're here to listen. I used to have that kind of experience. Finally pray to God from the bottom of your heart. The Lord will be with you.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Dear ghostgal2008,

Wonderful story...bravo, bravo. Well written, scary and spine tingling. Excellent. You are pretty brave for not breaking down in spite of all that has happened. I agree with what Tonith said, you could be a clairvoyant. If you are, congratulations, you have a special gift. If you are in fear, trust in your faith, protect yourself with blessed objects. Most importantly, know that God is by your side.

Thank you for posting your frightening and terrifying story and sharing it with us. Your problem is in my prayers. God bless and take care. If you need further assistance, contact me, I am always happy to help.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-15)
If you are the only one experiencing these things then it's possible you are a sensitive. I have no idea why some people can see these things and others can't but call it a gift or a curse, you seem to be stuck with it for now. Some people just ignore it or it goes away with age. Also as girls come into puberty I think hormones and such can cause weird things to happen. This to me is kenetic and most teens have some of this energy and some a lot of it. The toy horse incident may indicate a spirit in your house or frankly your own energy did it. Or something may be wrong with the toy itself in it's mehcanism. Doors opening and closing on their own and low growls and pics with faces in them usually have some sort of explanation but that doesn't mean it can all be explained. Anytime someone is being harrassed so to speak by whatever kind of spirit the best thing seems to be just taking control of the situation and telling them firmly that this is your house and they are not welcomed in it. You may want to consult an adult to be with you as you do this unless you are brave enough to tackle it alone. For the most part spirits don't hurt people they just want some attention. Also telling them it's time they go to the Light can be helpful after telling them they are no longer welcomed. No need to be rude, just firm lol. Let us know how it's going and there are many tips on this site from those that know a lot more about this sort of thing than I do because they actually have had the experience to back it up. I have not so what I'm telling you is what I have read not experienced.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
Hi and thanks for sharing your story with us.

I would like to ask about your age and if these things are still happening. The reason for doing so is that your experiences bring to mind "noisy spirits" or poltergeist. Have you had any other experiences so far?

Thanks
Lia110 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
Hello! Yes, Its true, you have a small problem... I suggest that you look up a paranormal team online and maybe you can get this figured out. Contact their number and maybe see if they may be able to investigate your home...? Sound good? Great! ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
Please do not let the other comments in here terrify you. You may choose to use the salt, I also can attest to the usageof lavendar. It is soothing and effective.

Place a cross in each of the bed rooms, (at least one) and pray.

If these religious answers do not fit within your belief system, please ask clergy what does and will work for you.

God Bless!
DneveRinaldo (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
when I was about eight years old, things happen to me like that, I could not understand why this happening to me, remembering the noises in the house years the lights going on and off, and me hiding under the blanket so afraid, years later I finded out my grandmother had passaway in our house, maybe she just wanted to let me know that she was there, I never knew my grandmother, I was too little or just born around that time, but I knew she was there, she never hurt me, ❤
shada (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
Sounds like you have a bit of a problem. The more you pay attention to it the more energy it gets. The more energy it gets the stronger it becomes, and the more it will try to scare you. What you can do is ward your room and house. Putting a line of salt around your house will help protect it. Charms, religious items, crystals or satchels can help ward your room. Good luck, and keep us informed.
senseye (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
I think the prayer is really helpful in times like this, you can say "In Jesus Name I will not be afraid of you!" or the Archangel Michael prayer from Elina can also help.

Be strong!
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
What you've got to do is keep us informed if the activity increases because it sounds like the beginning of a poltergeist infestation,
when you hear and see things try to ignore it because it's feeding of your energy, and when you get freaked out try to put your mind off something else like making something to eat even if you're not hungry, failing that you try praying I am not religious but it tends to take your mind off the presence
Good Luck 😊
ElinaIoneki822 (9 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
Hi there ghostgal. I don't want you to worry about what is going on. There are things that you can do to make this stop, and it seems to me that you need answers! One answer that I can give you, involves praying. You do not have to be "religious" in order to pray, but you must keep your mind and your heart open to all possibilities. One thing that helps me sooo much in cases like yours, is to pray to Archangel Micheal. He is the protector and can act as an "emergency" guardian. You can say this prayer to him whenever you feel your life is threatened, "Archangel Michael, please come to me now! Wrap your powerful wings of protection around me until I am completely shielded by you. Protect me from all negative or dangerous energy, Now!" Make sure you are clear and strong, not derogatory or rude. This helps me EVERYTIME!

Stay strong, and keep prayin' to the Archangels! You will find a lot more peace with the archangels.

Good luck with everything and let us know how it goes!
Elina ❤
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
You could try telling this thing that it is not wanted in your house and has to move on. Say it firmly and mean it when you say it. You can also pray and hang crosses in your room. If you are very frightend or uncomfortable, talk to your parents about having your house blessed. Good luck
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
It sounds as if you have wonderfus and understanding parents that shared your concerns and never belittled you or your experiences.

I am sure there was something there, but perhaps 'its' most important goal was to simply be recognized.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: