You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Life Long Journey Of Weird Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

A Life Long Journey Of Weird Experiences

 

I really don't know where to start. This is going to be a long one. I guess I can start by saying that my parents have lived in their home for 39 years now. Growing up wasn't peachy in this household. I was the baby of the family. I came 8 years after my parents had their 3rd child. There are four of us all together. 1 brother and 2 sisters. Ages ranging from 38-40. Well there was a lot of yelling and fighting in this household as you can imagine. We were not the perfect family, but things could have been worse, right?

Okay moving on. As a kid (about 8) I remember laying out in the den with my two sisters watching whatever was on TV and I told my oldest sister that I was hot and she said she was, too. Not even a minute later, the ceiling fan turned on. And we were in awe of course, but we figured the dial (old 70's ceiling fan) wasn't fully on the switch.

I grew up with a family who LOVED horror movies. I still love them to this day. My evil brother and sisters loved to torture me by making me watch them at a very young age. Most of them were cheesy, but I was terrified of the paranormal, demonic ones. Like The Evil Dead and The Exorcist, the Exorcist especially. I didn't get over that movie until I was at least 21. Now I can watch it like nothing.

My sisters and sometimes their friends continued to torture me by playing my mom's Ouija board (which she got as a present when she was only TWELVE). They'd ask it stupid questions and make up answers. Normal stuff, right? I remember one guy asked it when I was going to die and I was so upset and they just laughed and laughed. I laugh about it today actually.

Moving on to my teenage years. I remember my oldest sister and me watching TV out in the den and we had one lamp in the den and a kitchen window light on aside from the TV light. Well, one night we saw this huge shadow appear across the back door of the den area and we both assumed it was our dad, who is a big guy. We both turned around to look and no one was there. I remember my sister and I looking at each other like "what was that?" I laughed and walked to my parent's room and asked my dad if he had just came into that room and he said no. He and my mom looked at me crazy of course.

A lot of weird stuff happened when I was a teen, but I'll leave that out. I can't categorize it (because it wasn't really paranormal, I don't think... just weird coincidences), but it was weird nonetheless. If you want to know more about that, then I can post another entry, but for now we'll move on.

My sister (the 3rd child) and her husband moved into a house down the street from us. And I was often over there. Not too soon after moving in, weird, unexplained things were happening. I remember the first day I ever went over there, I felt weird. The previous owners had this gaudy full length mirror in the kitchen that was parallel to the entry way to the hall. So you could see down the hall if your back was to it. It gave me the creeps. Surprisingly, that was the only thing that really creeped me out. I guess I watched Poltergeist III too many times.

Anyway, I know standing in the kitchen cooking or washing dishes, it always felt like someone was standing behind you and looking over your shoulder. It wasn't threatening but it was definitely weird. There was a window in the kitchen that looked out into the converted den area that the previous owners had built.

Again, I was at this house A LOT. I got pregnant at 18 and I used to baby-sit for my sister and her husband all the time. When I was alone at night, I would hear my name being called. In both a whisper and regular talking voice. It was very odd. I would hear the phone ring when I was on it. Ha-ha, I know that sounds bizarre, but it happened! I spent a lot of the time in the front room where the computer was. And often I would hear small feet run down the hallway (the same one I mentioned before that the mirror in the kitchen faced). I thought it was my 2 year old niece getting out of her crib and running down the hall. I would walk down and look for her and she wasn't there. I would walk to her and her sister's bedroom and find her asleep in her crib. The light would be on and I would turn it off. A little bit later, I would hear the little feet running down the hall and I would look and find their bedroom light on again. This happened a lot.

I finally just gave up on investigating and went on with my business.

One night my sister had gone out with some friends and was out all night. Her husband worked graveyard, so I was there babysitting once again. I was sitting out in the den when I heard a clacking sound in the kitchen. It sounded like my sister walking into the kitchen with a certain pair of shoes she wore that made that sound and I heard her call my name. Loudly, I might add. Like she was looking for me. I asked "What?" and I got no answer. I got up and walked into the kitchen and no one was there. I thought maybe she was really drunk and passed out in her bed... No one was in there either. The front door was still locked as well. I thought maybe she had left again. I really didn't think too much of it at the time. When she finally came home, I asked her what she had wanted and she looked at me weird. I said, "When you came home. You called my name in the kitchen, what did you want?" She told me she had never came home. I was a little spooked... as was she, but again we just laughed it off. She's told me some of her weird experiences, too but most of them are like mine. They no longer live there. I often wonder if the new tenants experience anything.

I had my daughter in 1997. Nothing unusual really happened for the first 2 years of her life. That of course, changed. One day I noticed that when a toy rolled or was thrown anywhere my closet was, she would walk slowly to that area and run back crying hysterically. Of course at the age of 2, she wasn't able to explain to me what was going on. This freaked me out. I asked my sisters to come over and see what I saw. They thought it was weird, too. It scared me. I felt helpless because I couldn't protect her from seeing or feeling whatever was there.

My sister gets this "bright" idea to do the Ouija board in my room. I was so against it, but they did it anyway. They closed their eyes and began concentrating. I don't remember what they asked the board, exactly, but they BOTH stopped breathing for at least a minute and had tears in their eyes when they came to. I told them to get the hell out of my room. I didn't want that crap in here.

Well things got worse. My friend, who was a skeptic saw a tall dark figure in my house one night and I about freaked and told her to stop lying. She swore up and down that she saw a dark figure standing in the doorway with a top hat on. Well like a week later, without telling ANYONE about what she saw, my sisters bring up some story about the "shadow man" that they remember encountering as kids. And they said he walked across the backyard in broad daylight and it freaked them out. When they told me what he looked like... I told them to shut up! They said he had a top hat on as well. I was freaked out.

My sister (closest to my age) was staying a week at my parents house because she and her husband were fighting. Well, one night she had gone out with her friends and came home completely lit. She was staggering and slurring. I laughed at her. She asks me if I want to get high (weed, nothing else) and I was like, yeah okay. So we go out into the garage and I take 2 hits off a joint. JUST TWO and we come back in and I'm feeling pretty relaxed but I'm not stoned. We joke and laugh about whatever for awhile. Time passes and I get hungry and she says she needs to use the restroom.

I go into the kitchen and she goes out of the room down the hall to the bathroom. I begin heating up left overs in the microwave and I start laughing to myself because I thought of something funny about her husband (I don't even remember what) and I turn around wondering where she was because I didn't hear or see her walk back into the room and a lot of time had passed. When I turned around she was standing in the doorway and looking forward at the wall in front of her and she had no expression on her face. I looked at her and laughed thinking "she is so trashed..." She walks slowly, without staggering, to the couch and sits on the edge of the couch. Her back straight, her knees together and her hands on her knees. I'm, of course, thinking "what the hell is she doing?"

Well I go on and tell her what I was laughing about and she's not giving me any response. So I call her name to get her attention and she turns her head towards me and says, "Yes?" and then slowly turns her head back towards the TV that she had been looking at prior. I start to get a little creeped out and ask her to stop doing whatever she was doing. I plead with her to stop messing around and she just looks at me and that look just like cut right through me. I was completely terrified.

I dropped whatever was in my hand and ran out of the room into my oldest sister's room (who was asleep, by the way) screaming and crying. She tries to calm me down and I try to explain to her what happened. Mind you, I was like 20 or so years old at the time and I was terrified and in hysterics. My oldest sister practically drags me into the other room to confront my other sister. And my other sister has NO IDEA what I'm talking about. I didn't want to be anywhere near her. My oldest sister is still trying to calm me down and tells me to breathe, so I can explain what happened. I tell them both and my sister freaks out and she's scared because she can see how scared I am. My oldest of course, thinks I'm nuts and is pissed that we both woke her up.

To this day, my sister still denies being involved in any of that. She has a completely different story. She claims she walked from the bathroom into the den and was watching Madonna on MTV. I've pretty much blame the marijuana now looking back at it. Not that I had ever hallucinated on smoking weed, much less just from two hits of a joint, but I can't find any other logical explanation.

My oldest sister was skeptical about some of the stuff my other sister and I had gone through. She hadn't really experienced much other than the big dark shadow in our den area, seeing my daughter's reaction to that area by my closet and of course, the "shadow man". Well one morning, I woke up to what sounded like furniture moving in the other room and I heard keys jangling as well. I didn't think much of it. I thought it was my sister rearranging furniture. She was known to do that.

Well I got me and my daughter dressed and I walked over to my sister's town home (which was a little further down the street from the house she had once lived in). I get there and maybe 30 minutes later, the phone rings and it's my oldest sister telling my other sister that she was hearing things move. I was like "WHAT?" and I explained to her that I had heard the same thing but I thought it was HER doing it. She of course was a little freaked out now. Then she screamed and a loud crash and the phone hung up. I don't know if she accidentally hung it up or did it for show, but nonetheless the connection was lost. We kept trying to call her back but she wouldn't answer. Finally, we go a hold of her again and she was frantic. She said the vacuum cleaner just fell over out of nowhere and other things fell down, too. She said she was on her way over. My sister and I laughed at her, to be honest because we thought, "FINALLY, she understands now!"

In the same year, I was over at my friend's house with my daughter and we left to go to 7-11 or something. It's summer and in Texas it's HOT. Even late at night. Well we pull to the end of the road and my daughter starts screaming and kicking and trying to get out of her car seat and she keeps covering her eyes and I think maybe a bee or bug is back there and my friend, who had better access to her, reaches over and tries to calm her down. She looked at me and told me it was extremely cold back there where my daughter was at. I told her to take me home! Once I got my daughter out of the car, she was fine. Strange.

The whispering of the names continued and an eerie feeling that something was around continued for awhile. I told it to go and that it wasn't wanted here at both my sister's town home and at my parent's house and things went back to normal. Well nothing too odd or scary at least. There are still some things that happen, but I just ignore it now.

After the "weed" incident... I feel as if I maybe brought this on with my own mind. Like I willed it to happen, which takes me back to some weird occurrences when I was a teen. I used to say things and they would happen. It used to freak my friends out. Maybe subconsciously I wanted to experience it. I know that sounds crazy, but the mind is a powerful thing. Someone once told me that I seemed to make it manifest. I don't know. It's definitely something I'll never forget. I tell people about it and some believe me and some don't. It's to be expected, though.

I'm definitely a skeptic when it comes to other people's stories though. Crazy, huh?

Other hauntings by iamnoone

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iamnoone, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

atyus (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-24)
That is why you should not watch scary movies, if you were to go to a priest the first thing he would ask you do you or any family member practice witchcraft, the occult (ouija board), drugs? Yes you are manifesting these things along with drugs and parnoid, ignore these things and move on or move out of the house and do postive things. Pray, read the bible. May GOD bless you!
rebeccad (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
faerielike, I do not agree with you at all. Smoking weed causes hunger and laziness. All I use it for is a sleep enhancement.
iamnoone (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
To Ohiowatha:

Yeah, very good point, but I wonder what the situation was like without it being enhanced? Did she just walk in there minding her own business and my mind created this alternative scenario? It boggles the mind, I tell you.

That's a relief, because I was beginning to feel like a hypocrite. I just get those feelings where something isn't right in some people's story telling.

Thank you! It is a very well organized site. I enjoy reading everyone's stories.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
While I don't villify marijuana in the slightest, I do think it can make one paranoid. I know that on occasion, if I'm out with friends and we partake in sampling said substance, even brushing my teeth alone in the apartment becomes a test of courage... I hate looking in bathroom sink mirrors while brushing late at night!

NOTE: You being skeptical about others' encounters is NOT weird at all. On the contrary, it makes you stronger because when you DO experience something, you know you're not overly eager to project your desires upon said situation. I am VERY skeptical about others' encounters, but only because I am CERTAIN that my encounters have been veritable and want to make sure others' are, too.

Thanks so much for joining the site!
iamnoone (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-15)
To Tonith:

I hadn't either. And no it wasn't laced. My sister has never done hard drugs in her life. I agree with so much that you've said.

I still have no explanation for that night with my sister. I would love to say she was faking, but my sister is a horrible liar and she would have cracked up before it was over. Whatever it was it scared me so bad that I didn't even feel safe in my own home anymore. Either my mind manifested this delusion or something was trying to get my attention. Either way, I don't want to experience it again.

To faerielike:

That's very true. I've drank and taken one hit and would be so messed up.

My biggest problem is what exactly caused the situation in the first place? You know? My overactive mind? Some strange phenomenon? Something evil? A ghost trying to get my attention?

I don't feel the latter is true because it didn't really do much other than give me one word answers and of course, scare the crap out of me.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
I'd like to say one thing about pot... It enhances everything. That's why when some people are almost drunk they will throw up when they smoke pot. Also that is why the Olympics had ruled it as a performance enhancing drug. I know I had smoked pot as a teen and would clean the crap out of my room get high again and start on the house! LOL
But back to point, it might have made the situation seem all the stranger. It definitely didn't cause the situation, but it might have enhanced it. 😉
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
I have heard of people getting paranoid from pot but never halluncinating and certainly not from 2 hits unless the stuff was laced with angel dust (animal tranquilizer). If this was not the case which I doubt it was I'm not sure what happened that night with your sister. I have heard of people being haunted, places being haunted and kenetic energy being the cause of a so called haunting. I don't think ouija boards open portals for the spirit world either. To my experience it's just a reflection of the subconcious. Same with tarrot cards. I do readings as a hobby and it's never more than that in my humble opinion. I have never predicted anything being that the cards just reflect something you are not concious about at the time. If there is any mystery to it, it would be that for some odd reason the cards come up the way that they do. As I always tell anyone nothing is written in stone and your decisions can change any outcome other than what the cards say the day of the reading. I do think you are sensitive and that can be a blessing or a curse depending on how one views it. I am not a hocus pocus kind of person but I also realize things happen that have no rational explanation.That's why they call it preternatural in some cases because there is an explanation but we haven't discovered it yet. While I am a believer in the supernatural I tend to be skeptic as well. I like the scientific approach to studying phenomenons but I also know ghosts don't manifest on cue. You have had enough experiences to tell me that even though you are skeptical something seems to be happening in your world that seems akin to what we consider today to be active paranormal experiences.
iamnoone (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
Bellissima:

Thank you. Yes, I got it from The Exorcist. It was a spur of the moment thing.

Nothing too out of the ordinary happens to me anymore. I can't really think of anything at the moment anyway.

I figured the negative energy had a part in it, too. My family used to fight a lot. My sister and my brother. My sister and me. My sister and my mom or dad... Etc. Lots of yelling and physical fighting. It's not like that anymore though. It's pretty quiet at my parents house.

I think only me and my two sisters are the only ones who've ever experienced anything. I've asked my parents if they've heard things and they say no. I don't think my brother has either.

OH BUT... This reminds me. Back when my mom was younger. I don't think I was born yet, but she had a dream where "Heaven" was opening up for her and she was reaching out to get there (Or something like that). In reality, she was standing up on the bed, still asleep and luckily my dad woke up and got her down because she was close to getting her head knocked off by the ceiling fan.

Pretty messed up. Not sure if it has anything to do with this.

None of us are religious. My parents believe in God, but not quite sure how far that goes. I'm an Atheist. I think my two sisters are Agnostic. I don't know about my brother... I think he considers himself a Christian.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
iamnoone, hi and welcome to ygs!First, did you take your name from 'The Exorcist'?It's kind of creepy.I'm also wondering if things are still happening to you. I also think maybe some poltergeist activity caused by the family, the different ages and high emotions in your home. The first incident, you were 8, that would make your sister 16. Poltergeist activity has been known to be brought on by teens' changing hormones and emotional states. You might be more sensitive to spirit activity, maybe your sisters are too since they have had their share of experiences. Thanks for sharing your story, I enjoyed reading it.
iamnoone (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
To ElinaIoneki822:
I've thought about the whole psychic thing. My friend, who I've known since I was 5, and I would always know when either of us were about call each other. And even when we weren't talking for periods of time, we knew either of us needed one or another. It's weird.

I don't know if coincidences are real or not. I'll give an example of some of the stuff I said and really happened and you form your opinion. I was with a friend and we were at her friend's apartment. We stayed in the car and I was in a bad mood because my friend pissed me off. Well my friend's friend, some punk who talked too much, tried to talk to me but I wasn't having it. And when I'm pissed, I won't speak. Well this pissed him off and he was telling my friend to take me out of here and said ugly things to me. I was infuriated. Later that night, I told my friend that his mouth is going to get him killed. I told her if I saw him lying in the gutter dying, I would not help him and I would walk on. He was shot and killed 2 days later. (Drive by) See? A coincident.

I've read books on such stuff, but it never looked into it much. Even though I've witness some crazy stuff, I am still a skeptic. I try to find a logical answer to all these things.

To Rhodes68:
Thank you.

I don't know. I'm still not bought on the idea of them actually allowing you to communicate with the dead and what not. I think if you believe in something enough it will work. As for me, I think they're fake and harmless. I've even played them by myself before. I mean, come on... Parker Brothers makes these things.:) But to ease your mind, I have no desire to play with one. I only did that stuff when I was a kid.

To faerielike:
Yeah like I said before our minds are powerful things. I don't really believe in a lot of things anymore. I don't know if it's because of my age and I've found more logical answers to things that happened or I'm too scared to face the facts subconsciously. Don't get me wrong, I still love hearing/reading ghosts stories and I like sharing mine with other people, but I don't take it too seriously.

To Karyn:
I wondered when I typed this out if they would censor some things, but thankfully they didn't. I wanted people to be aware that I was under the influence during one experience. I didn't think weed would make you hallucinate either, but I can't understand how something like that could of happened... At ALL. You know?

As for Ouija boards--read what I said about them to Rhodes68.

Yes, I still hear noises. Weird stuff still happens, I just don't think too much of it. I just go about my business. Now if something was throwing things at me or throwing me across the room, then yes... I'd definitely question my current beliefs.

And to everyone:
I'm not here to debunk your stories or beliefs. And just because I don't necessarily agree with a lot of things said here or share same beliefs doesn't mean I think your story is false in any way. We experience things in life that other people won't always understand or experience themselves. It doesn't matter what it is.

I will respect your beliefs.
Karyn (1 stories) (63 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
I enjoyed your story very much. One thing I definately like about this site is you can be honest and tell the WHOLE story and not be persecuted for it. For instance I tried to tell my story, or one of them at least, on another site before I found this one. My story, while true was not published because of certain facts, like pot and sexual abuse, did not agree with the person running the board.
That being said, I know pot does not make people hallucinate.
The ouija is BAD, BAD, BAD.
Do these things still happen to you?
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
When you say that people think you willed things to happen, when you were a teen, you might have! Teenagers are known to have such high energy in their bodies, due to all the hormones and such, that they are known to produce hauntings. Not saying everything that happened was due to that, but maybe there were a few things your teen body manifested.
Welcome and I enjoyed your story! Keep writing! 😁
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing your story.

If you have ever read any of the stories involving Ouija boards and the comments of other posters you will understand why some of us are so against their use. That's mainly because, if they work, and sometimes they do, you open up a communication channel with a world we know so little about. Mendling with it, for that matter, is not something you should ever attempt.

I just hope that you have not invited anything that doesn't wish to leave and that nothing else comes through that channel.
ElinaIoneki822 (9 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
First off I just want to say that your story is very fascinating and I don't think you're crazy! Second, have you ever thought that you may be a tad bit sensitive to your psychic abilities? This might sound crazy, but the things you describe remind me of things that have happened to me in the past, you think it's a coincedence... But how do you know coincidences really exist? Everyone is born psychic, and the matter of who embraces it depends on that person. It also depends on what God (or whatever your beliefs are!) has is store for you in your life path. I suggest maybe reading up on psychic abilities and just kind of compare your experiences and see if it relates to how you feel about certain things.

I hope you don't think I'm crazy, but keep an open mind to it!

Elina ❤
iamnoone (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
I've played with Ouija boards a lot as a kid. It was all in fun. They never worked. Even when my sisters played it in my room, nothing moved on the board. I can't really say I whole heartedly believe they can channel demons, spirits, etc.

We used to do the same kind of stuff with a deck of cards. Ask a question and something about the cards that would tell you 'yes' or 'no'. I forget how it worked, but that stuff was pretty accurate.

I have no clue. I truly believe I was hallucinating. No other logical explanation for that night. I wanted to share and see what everyone else thought.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
First of all, I am sure anyone who has read any of my stories and / or comments on this site know my opinion, but, here goes--- NEVER NEVER NEVER a Ouijia board! Who know what could have been released through the thing when individuals where 'harmlessley' playing with it. Whew!

Also, that and weed? I wonder what and how much is and was hallucinations?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: