You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Thoughtforms And Spirits Who Act For Others

Real Ghost Stories

Thoughtforms And Spirits Who Act For Others

 

I mentioned in my other story Sinister Presence During my Childhood that I had a bad time at the age of 18 and for a few years after that. I was depressed, lonely and prone to self harm due to many different factors including a longterm relationship which had just broken up and difficulties with my parents. The longterm relationship was with Fran, my friend that I mentioned in my other story He Saw His Father Leave His Body. Fran and I were very psychically connected and even after our relationship finished, we had a lot of trouble dropping the psychic communication. Whenever I cried and cut myself, Fran would hear me screaming in his head. No joke. It took 18 months for this to stop happening and for us both to break the ties. At this time, I was experiencing these distracting psychic problems and I was still at school but getting behind in my work because of my state of mind. Over the easter holidays my parents employed a tutor to coach me for my exams because they felt that I wouldn't get the marks I needed if I didn't have extra help.

Mr Jones, my tutor, was an extremely overweight middle-aged man who lived with his mother a few villages away from our house. All his life he had been a teacher but had been allowed to retire due to ill-health. He had never been married or had a girlfriend, he told me, because he had been morbidly obese his whole life. He appeared to have no social life apart from his mother, and a lot of time on his hands. He said he had loved women from a distance but they often found him too disgusting to have a relationship with him. He had bad diabetes and he couldn't stand up for very long before he had to sit or lie down. So our lessons were rather informal, to say the least. Being as lonely as I was I gradually began to warm to someone who accepted me for being myself, and somebody who had experienced loneliness too. He said he didn't care about my grades and he just wanted me to be happy again. Looking back now all I can see is a man who used my emotional vulnerability to get inside my head and refuse to leave, but at the time I thought I'd met someone who believed in me.

Mr Jones used to take me through several "relaxation exercises" where I would lie on the floor during our breaks from studying. Most of them were the usual ones you hear of - picturing countryside scenes, birds twittering, wind blowing etc, but during one of the exercises I recall, he got me to visualize and speak to a person he described to me in such acute detail I could see the person in my head. It was a small, humorous, hobbit-like dwarf man. In my head it was just a sketch like one of the dwarves from Snow White, but it came so easily to my mind. He told me that this "person" would be my counsellor and confidante and I could tell this "person" all my secrets. At the time I was in awe of how he managed to project this image into my head that I believed him and thought it must be some kind of counselling technique, and Mr Jones, although old and fat and still living with his mother, must have developed some sort of meditation skill out of his solitude. The dwarf exercise became an ongoing thing we'd do during our breaks every session. I would tell the dwarf how I was feeling while visualizing him (I never actually felt him there) and Mr Jones would do a guided meditation with me to get me into that state.

This was all fine until I went back to school and my tutoring ended. On our last day together he asked if he could take some pictures of me with his mother in their front room. I agreed of course, thankful to him for helping me through some of the bad times and I promised to keep in touch. I imagined "keeping in touch" meant I would send him my exam results when they came through and a thank you letter. This is not what happened. While back at school I started receiving persistent emails and phonecalls from Mr Jones insisting that I speak to him and that I wasn't being a "good enough friend" after everything he had done for me. This progressed to him emailing about five times a day, mostly during the early morning hours 2,3 and 4am and calling my house and my mobile about twice a day after school. When my parents picked up he told them he had something urgent to tell me about my tutoring and that I was ignoring his advice and that I didn't want to do well in my exams, which made them angry with me. When they passed the phone to me, ordering me to speak to him, he often told me nonsense about what he'd been doing that day, and reprimanded me for not returning his calls and emails. In most of the emails he told me that he wanted to know what I was thinking and feeling at every moment of the day, and that he was depressed and thinking about killing himself and only I could help him.

In the back of my mind I could see what was happening, but I was so young and naive and embarrassed my idealized "tutor/tutee" friendship had come to this, I didn't think about telling anyone. Compilation CDs started arriving from him through the post with songs dedicated to me, and a paragraph about each song detailing why he thought it was relevant to him and I. One of the songs was Elvis Presley "Suspicious Minds" which he said described how we couldn't "go on like this, denying our feelings about each other and arguing all the time..." He sent me copies of the photos he had taken of myself and his mother and the ones of him and I, along with a letter about how special our time spent together had been. Days later, he left three crying messages on my mobile answerphone in the middle of the night saying he was going to kill himself. I felt awful, of course, and tortured myself for thinking I had caused him to do this by not responding to him. I also felt I had been ungrateful for his help.

As I was undressing one night to take a bath, the first of many nights to come like this, the room became cold and I suddenly felt the dwarf he had made me visualize standing in the room, watching me. It was no longer the friendly, fun-loving creature he had described to me - I felt like it was here on a mission. I don't see the physical qualities of spirits definitively, but I see shadows and I can tell exactly where they are in the room and estimate their size and shape. This shadow dwarf "thing" was about three feet high and moving hesitantly closer as if it was "sneaking around..." I got a strong sense that it didn't know I had sensed its presence, that it wasn't necessarily conscious in itself, but something was driving it. Like a robot or a remote control car. I covered up immediately and left the room. The presence, of course, made me think of Mr Jones. I checked my email to find the usual messages from him, and immediately felt the presence of the dwarf again behind me. I moved through each room of the house and after I had been there for several minutes, I could feel the presence again and again. During the day, when Mr Jones was obviously tutoring other students, I felt nothing. But at night, when I knew he had nothing else to do, I felt like he had a CCTV camera into my life and was watching me through this thing, this whatever-it-was.

I know it's very easy to gather from this story that it was purely psychological manipulation on Mr Jones' part, but my psychic sense is strong, and this fact has been confirmed to me many, many times. The hauntings from this dwarf only stopped when I eventually told the authorities and my parents about Mr Jones' behaviour and he was cautioned and told to remove all pictures of me from his house. I feel like the less stuff he had of mine, the less he was able to access me. I've heard of throughtforms before, but I'm not totally sure what they are. I'm looking for someone to help me understand what he might have done, psychically? And how I might be able to prevent it happening again in the future? Apologies if the "frightening" part of this story isn't long enough, but I'll be happy to talk about it more in discussion.

Other hauntings by Oglegen

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Oglegen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-22)
This is one of the most peculiar cases involving 2 human beings that I have recently come across.

Of all comments on this story, I can personally feel those expressed by rhodes68.
I appreciate her insights as well.
Good for Oglegen it's all over...
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
Hi Oglegen. I liked your story. It seem sto me that this was a guy who fooled you. I think he did play mind games with you and that he was something like a human vampire I guess. Good thing that you talked about this with somebody. I hope to read your next stories. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-06-15)
Oglegen.What a horrible experience you had to go through. I feel a terrible sadness when I think about the way Mr. Jones manipulated and treated you. He is nothing but a vulture, and a creepy, dangerous one at that. I think he did somehow use the dwarf for remote viewing or astral projection. The government actually used remote viewing, with some success, to find out Soviet and other potentially hostile country's military secrets and plans. I have no doubt that it can be done. Astral projection makes sense as well. That he taught you to meditate during lessons sounds odd to me but I think this is how he formed a connection with you and introduced you to his tool, the dwarf. He may have used the dwarf to project himself to you and therefore be able to watch you in private moments. I wasn't surprised to hear that he had done the same to other students of his. Did you find out how closely their experiences resembled yours, were they on the same level? That is disgusting of Mr. Jones to do such a thing.I'm happy to hear he's left you alone, unfortunately he'll probably move on to a new obsession. Thanks for sharing your story, it must have been difficult to tell.
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-06-15)
Wow, what a wonderful response. I didn't think it was ghosty enough, but I'm really grateful to your piecing together of the puzzle for me. That's always the way with me - I can see clearly what's going on for other people, but I have a mental block when it comes to myself!

faerielike: Yes you're right, I very much felt like he was using pictures/music to get to me. I knew he just spent so much time alone that he had the time on his hands to really get in to something like that. I mean, if he was thinking of me at 3am, what else was he doing? Thinking, eventually leads to action etc... I suspect it was a combination of astral travel and obsessive thought. Thanks for replying.

Rhodes68 - I totally see how it could so be 50/50 on the paranormal/psychological thing. I think he implanted enough stuff in my unconscious mind to last several years had I not recognised what he was doing. When you say the dwarf "came to life" I think I see it as in a paranormal way. I think if you spend a lot of time and energy thinking about something it becomes an almost residual haunting in itself and ca disappear just as quickly. But then agai, I did feel "hunted," so it would be natural for someone who felt like that to get a bit paranoid. Thanks for all your explanations of each stage though - I can totally see the truth I them. Thanks very much for replying.

IBELIEVE - Strangely enough, "fate" or whatever it was made me bump into two of his ex-pupils about 3 years afterwards and they both confided in me that a similar thing was happening to them (ie, he had been keeping it up for years after he stopped teaching them) and I told them to do something about it immediately. It didn't appear as bad as what he had done to me, but still abominable for a teacher to do. Thank you.

Tonith - I haven't heard of remote viewing. Is that when psychics find dead bodies? Or is that when they take an object of someone's and project, psychically to where they are? I think I sort of knew this but I wanted to confirm it with all of you on here, because I can't turn round to a guy at the bus stop and say "hey there - do you think it's possible my stalker ex-teacher created a psychic vehicle in which to astral travel and remote view me, physically?"! Thanks very much for your comment, it was very helpful.
Tonith (1136 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
What a sad little man. I agree he was obviously emotionally retarded. Doesn't sound like he's a child molestor per se but definitly a disturbed human being. The government did studies with remote viewing and found it to be very possible. This kind of reminds me of that. Once the dwarf was introduced into your conciousness he was able to manipulate what it could do. He's probably psychic and being that you are as well he was able to do what he did. As confusing as it was for you at the time I think you had a really good handle on what was going on and how it was being done. The sad part is that you didn't tell your parents about it sooner. This man was an emotional vampire due to his own insecurities and it's inexcusable that he did this to a young innocent person.I'm glad your parents went to the authorities and hopefully this man understood he was now exposed and would be watched by the police. Hopefully he has not done the same to others he has tutored.I'm sure he found you attractive and that was probably the beginnings of what ended up to be a situation for the police.
IBelieve (3 stories) (31 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
Supernatural or not having a man stalk a child is scary. I can't imagine how that made you feel specially when you parents didn't know it was going on you couldn't even fell protected by them. Did they still let him tutor after this. Maybe you should try to find out some of the other children he tutored to see if the they feel these creatures or if he had them meditating.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
In the 3rd paragraph I meant to write saddened.I'm sorry for the typo.Anyway, I'm so shocked, I've been reading your story over and over again.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
I cannot believe I've missed your story while I read all others!

I'm completely-utterly shocked by the deliberate manipulation of this man who, by accident, became an educator and thus given "access" to the hearts and minds of young people like yourself.

I will not avoid admitting that I'm suddened for him as well since part of his manipulative deliberation sprang from his own incapacity to find acceptance and a place in this world.

I won't suggest that, being an educated adult, gave him much of a choice or the ability to evaluate his own actions since having been deprived of many things we take for granted in life, he never had a chance to mature into a wholesome and complete personality.

My interpetation of what happened is far from paranormal although I wouldn't classify it as normal either. Your guilt as well as connection but mostly dependence on the dwarf was what made him come to life with the help of your tutor's psychological "blackmail".

You need to understand that the choice of the dwarf figure was not accidental. It came to be a perfect reflection or presentation of Mr Jones as he's seen by the "surrounding crowd"-the rest of the world:a figure or a person that stands in a distance and is alienated by the rest of society due to his appearance and allow me to say because of his psychological state of mind.

Like the dwarf, he struggled to belong but failed to do so since he was not accepted. Like the dwarf, he was special in the sense that he had some magical quality attouched to him that you were not meant to fear-you were meant to associate with since you were also at a vulnerable stage in life because of the rejection and separation anxiety you felt.

He wanted to cultivate within you this dependancy on this "unique" figure in the hope that he will then manipulate all your insecurities while being without it.

The dwarf was seen by you changing moods and watching you close because he was an extention of Mr Jones. He was angry because of your guilt for keeping a "friend" at a distance.

I hope it makes sense as I don't really want to write a book instead of a comment. If you need to talk about it more, you are welcome to e-mail me.

I'm so very sorry you had to go through this.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
I have a book on oobe's /or out of body experiences/ astral travel, and that is what it sound like he did to you, except it is almost like he used witchcraft too by concentrating on pictures of you through meditation. By having pictures and connections to you, it seems to me he was able to easily do what he did. I do know it takes a certain way of meditating to reach out of body experience, and the same for casting spells. The book I have is pretty old. Maybe you can find better info on the web on the subject. It really does seem that he was astral traveling though. Hope I was of some help. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: