You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Sinister Presence

Real Ghost Stories

The Sinister Presence

 

I have never been one to take much notice of the supernatural. I do believe in God and I know I'm somewhat protected from spirits by being saved by Christ. Still, there are times when there are other dangers than those involving your soul. I've lived in my house for many years and for the most part nothing too interesting has happened. Occasionally I'll get a feeling that disturbs me to the pit of my soul.

I have yet to lay eyes on whatever occasionally frequents my home but I can always feel it; watching, and waiting. When it is around you can feel a sense of anticipation as though something were waiting for someone or something to happen. Occasionally at night when no one is around aside from me it would make its presence known. I would be sitting watching television or reading when suddenly I would get a cold sinking feeling. The feeling would start in the center of my chest and sink lower; it is always accompanied with a sense of dread. A sense of fear that was impossible to ignore it makes you just want to run.

Whenever I feel this the cats are around they will suddenly sit up and begin to stare at a particular corner of the room intently. At night it becomes stronger and sometimes I will get the feeling and when I do I usually have to clutch my Bible to my chest just to keep me calm. It sometimes walks up the hall. The floor in the hallway is water damaged and when someone walks down the hall you can hear it. So far it has eluded my sight but eventually I'm sure I will see it I just hope I'm prepared for what I see.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ahsimpson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Kecoughtan, did you also know that Tandy, a fencer, brought his rapier sword into the lab and noticed that it also vibrated due to this interference? By pushing the sword along the floor, he could deduce which spots were more affected than others.

Did you read this in a recent book, perhaps? That's where I ran across this Tandy fellow... Also a practitioner of Ju Juitsu!
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
Ohiowatha has offered some sage advice. Natural fluctuations of ion fields (caused by seismic activity deep in the earth) affects some people by creating negative and uneasy feelings. An English engineer, Vic Tandy, debunked the supposed haunting of a lab facility through experimentation. Tandy experienced the sensation someone else was in the lab with him late one night then saw a hazy, humanoid-shaped figure. He kept his head and used brilliant logic to recreate and explain his experience. Tandy proved that vibrations from a ventilation fan created a wave frequency that not only created ominous feelings in some co-workers but also slightly depressed the human eye causing subjects to see blurry, ill-defined shapes that witnesses mistook for spirits. I am not trying to disprove your experience, but merely add my voice to Ohiowatha's and emphasize that there are many, many variables involved.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
Just an alternate opinion, but it could be that there is something emitting electromagnetic frequencies from a certain part of the house. This could be anything from poorly laced/crossed or connected wires to a ceiling fan or air conditioner.

Vague feelings of uneasiness are difficult to guage as paranormal, is all. It is a fact that both EMFs and infrasound (low frequency sounds inaudible to the human ear) cause feelings of fear in humans. The former can cause visual, and the latter, auditory, hallucinations. The best evidence is physical movement/contact of some sort, but EMFs can also cause physical sensations in a person's nerves/skin.

It's a tricky business, ghost hunting!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
I believe it must be hard for you not seeing the presence but knowing its there. It does happen to a lot of people. Try doing some research like Kim and Rhodes suggested. Remeber that we rarley do see ghost so mamybe in time you will. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
You can tell it to get out of your house. Its your home, and in the name of Jesus it has to do as you say, so you say get out of my house, or I bind you up in the name of Jesus and cast you out in the name of Jesus, It has to do what you say.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
I know exactly how you feel I have that in my house and what I do is I grab my bible (when I get the feeling that something is there) and I open it to Salms 23 and I walk arund the house reading it and that gives me courage as well and after that I feel much calmer and even the house feels peacefull. Your faith is a powerfull instrument and remeber the Lord said "You can do anything through christ who Straightens me"

God Bless ❤
ElectricTNT (1 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
Hi Ahsimpson

I to am a saved Christian and my belief is that as a Christian, you have authority over anything that is not of God. You have to exercise that authority, not just pray to God. That is done by asking Christ to give you courage and then confront the entity and tell it, "By the blood of the Risen Christ, I bind you and banish you from this house and my life. You were defeated at the cross and you are commanded by the blood of Christ to leave now. In the name of Jesus Christ the lord of all..." Nothing that is evil or not of God can remain.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-15)
Hi Ahsimpson. It sounds like the spirit you sense is angry, maybe hostile, but it doesn't sound physical. My idea about this is that one of the former occupants of your house was a bad tempered, nasty person. I think this carries over to the spirit. Since it has just been bad feelings you must be picking up on the spirit's energy. Animals have a keen sense for ghosts, spirits. Your cats are probably sensing the presence, maybe they can even see the spirit, I think that is quite possible. I think if it helps you, keep your bible near and use it for comfort and protection. With your belief and your will you can probably keep the spirit from affecting you as much. I don't think you really have to worry, but having the terrible feelings must be horrible. Tell the spirit firmly (while holding your bible might help) to get out. Make sure you tell it that it's not wanted, leave you alone and leave your house. You might try a cleansing, I think you can find that in the articles section here, and place crosses around your house. I hope these things are some help to you.I'm sorry you have to go through such negativity in your own home, it must be awful.
Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-15)
Good Advice Elina; I too would say the St. Micheal prayer whenever I feel scared or something is not right, keep your Bible close and pray, it may keep the'entity' from fully manifesting itself. St. Micheal prayer should be easy to find on the net, regards Astral
ElinaIoneki822 (9 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
Hey there, that does sound VERY terrifying! I agree with everyone here, pray to god whenever you feel the presence around you. If you believe in Archangel Micheal, the protector, then there is a simple prayer that you can say to him whenever you feel like your life is in danger. It helps me sooooo much! Just the other day (6/10/08), I had an interesting experience... Something I have never felt before. Once they get the sight up and running again, you should check out my story ill post.

anyways, you can say to archangel micheal, in your head or outloud, that you want him to wrap his protective wings around you and to dispell of any negative entities that are there to harm you now! Make sure to be decisive and to the point, but not rude and demanding. He's got feelings too lol!

I hope this helps, I usually pray to all the archangels and they always pull through for me in the end.

God Bless
Elina ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
I think it is hard for people of certain faiths to admit there is such things as ghosts or entities. Glad you are not one of them. The usual explanation I have heard from fundamentalist Christians is these are demons or imps (non human) and they are there to confuse and terrify. I don't know what to make of it because I have never had such an experience nor has anyone I know personally unless in was in the form of night terrors and that usually happens to kids not adults. I do know a very level headed person who encountered the old hag phenomenon but again that could have been a human spirit and not demonic. Never hurts to call upon the Lord in times of stress no matter what the issue. I know a girl who told me when she was a baby a few months old her mother had her napping on her own double bed with pillows on each side so she couldn't roll off the bed when she started crying and when the mother entered the bedroom the baby was a foot off the bed levitating in mid air. The mother grabbed her bible and began reading it and the baby was slowly lowered to the bed. Till this day I can't imagine grabbing a bible instead of a baby in mid air but that's what she did. This woman was also very religious and thought of this as a demonic episode. I don't know if it was or not. The baby was not harmed of course but it was something the woman never forgot and then became even more fervent in her beliefs which did take a toll on this girl as she got older. The mother thought she was somehow possessed and was very rigid in her upbringing. So just saying while it's good to have God and I love our Lord I do not think or ever have thought that demons are the explanation for many paranormal experiences.
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
Hi Ahsimpson. I know that feeling and it is absolutely horrible. I wrote a story similar to this, describing the same feeling, it was called Sinister Presence During my Childhood and is on the "Ghost stories with similar titles" above. It also might give you an idea of, or preparation for the kind of things that might happen as a furtheration of this feeling. In my experience (and my experience is limited) the kind of presences that give you a very fearful, sinister feeling at first are not the ones that generally show themselves. There is a chance that it is not an "evil" entity, that it is simply a trapped human soul wanting release, but all the emotions this soul is feeling are giving the impression that it is naturally evil. Keep love in your heart, and answer the questions people are asking you and we may be able to get to the bottom of this. The people on this site are great and very helpful.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
I can understand how terrifying such a feeling can be especially when you sense there's something lurking in the shadows but you cannot see it.

Like Kim, I'd suggest that you do a little research into the history of the house and the land. This might help you feel more "prepared" if any of us could ever possibly be in such cases.

Hold on to your faith and pray for God's protection. Also try blessing your house.

Please keep us posted.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
When did you start noticing these feeling and hearing these noises? Has there been any furniture or accessories added to the home?

DO you have any idea of the history of the home and the land tha home sits on?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: