You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Came Home With You?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Came Home With You?

 

I have several stories to share and I will start with the first I remember being told about. This took place when I was about five years old. I'm not sure if it would be considered supernatural or not.

My mother had gone to our neighbor's house,who lived about one hundred yards up the lane from our house, for some chit-chat. It was dark when she decided to come back home. She said while she was walking, she felt like someone was following her, but when she would turn around the only thing behind her were two light reflections that seemed to be ten feet behind her.

She told herself that it had to be the reflection from the neighbor's house and described them as bouncing balls of light. When she made it half way to the house she turned around and they were still there and still ten feet behind her. She started walking a little faster.

When she made it to the top of our yard, she thought to herself "when I turn into the yard the light won't be able to turn". She turned into the yard and was feeling silly for thinking she was being followed by balls of light. It was about fifty feet from the top of the yard to the house. When she got about half way she turned around and there were the lights so she ran the rest of the way and locked the door behind her.

This is where I come in. My mother told me that about five minutes after coming home, I come out of my room crying asking who the two people were that came home with her because they were on the porch waiving at me and they had really scary faces.

I don't remember this happening but I also don't know why my mother would tell me a story like that. She has since passed away so I hope I remember everything the way she told me. Just so everyone knows I wasn't told this story until I was eight or nine when I started having other things happen to me.

Other hauntings by IBelieve

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, IBelieve, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

IBelieve (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
Thanks ChrisB for not saying I'm old. I think your right though it seems the older I get and more I have to do my mind is just filled with other things. Once in a while I'll get a strange feeling or chill but nothing like when I was little
To everone else thanks for your comments I enjoy reading the feed back and opinions
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
Hi and welcome. I found this story very interesting. I think the reason why you don't see as much as you did when you were younger (Im not saying your old:) ) is because when you are young the mind is not filled with so much junk. There are a lot of children who realy do see something. Sometimes they do make up things but sometimes they can realy see spirits. So I think your sixth sence kind of got weaker but it doesn't mean it isn't there. I have been told that it can kick in at any age. Thanks again for sharring this interesting story with us and I will be glad to read the next ones. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
LoveforHope0226 (5 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
Actually, I haven't used a ouja boared for a a couple of weeks. I'm not smart mouthing you off or being mean, but I think its from my room being changed around or changing the house up. But I'm not very sure. I hope this helped. LoveforHope. Rachel. ❤
LoveforHope0226 (5 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
Heres the answers for the questions you asked on my story, Dark Figure. And thanks for reading it. I've been living in the house for about 6 or 7 years. And yeah, this is the first time I've seen this thing. The only thing I'm going through right now is just me being scared for my brother and my parents. But I agree with you, it might be a shadow person. I think it came because we've been fixing up my room and it might have cuzed it to come and try to get us out of the house. But I'm not to sure. But I don't mind the questions though. If you want to know anymore, I'll try to tell you as mush as I can. LoveforHope. Rachel. ❤
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
that's really creepy and the only explanation I can give is that they were attracted to your mother in some way and they weren't bad spirits but they could have died before they got a chance too see you.
Faith1013 (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-15)
What a creepy story. Maybe it's a good thing you can't remember what you saw, seeing as how a person has to sleep at night.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-15)
Sorry Ibelieve-MOTHERPANN, your theory about aliens and spirits being confused with each other is something I've wondered about as well.It's really something to think about. Sorry Ibelieve for using your comments section to contact MOTHERPANN, I just had to comment to her idea. Ibelieve-Your story is very interesting, maybe you don't remember the experience because it affected you so much that you needed to forget about it. It certainly would be scary and traumatic. I wonder why the balls of light followed your Mom in particular. It sounds as if she had a really bad feeling about them while they were following her.I'm really glad they remained outside. All I can think of is that they were attached to the land somehow. Do you know anything about the area? Thanks for sharing your story, I found it really interesting. I enjoyed reading it.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
I have read that there is natural reason for some of these bouncing orbs.It's like random balls of electricity that form in the right conditions usually when there is a storm brewing. We all know how static electricity is (things stick to you) but this doesn't seem to be the case with something being 10 ft. Away and following you. Was it intelligent energy? Possibly. How it connects to you may be that even at that young age you were sensitive to beings no one else could see. Sounds like you may still be a sensitive if you had other things happen as you grew older. Great story. We will be looking forward to reading other paranormal experiences you have had. Welcome to the site. This is a paranormal researchers dream with all the neat stories people send in.
IBelieve (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
Hello everyone thanks for the comments. I've had such a nice welcome here and just wanted to say thanks to everyone that commented. I won't tell my experiences to many people because I get looked at like I'm crazy.
I don't remeber much about that neighbor. It was a mobile home up the lane that people rented out. There was always someone moving in or out. Maybe the lights had something to do with it, I'm not sure. When I was about 18 it was knocked down and is an empty lot. Then last year the house I grew up in was also knocked down for construction on a new home.
Hunters (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
Dear IBelieve,
This is so scary, but I have no advice though, You could do a little research on your neighbors house and see what followed your mother.
XOXO,
Hunters
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
My fiance told me stories that his dad told him about Jack-o-lanterns, I thought he was talking about halloween pumpkins but he stated that his dad use to have balls of light following him when he would be walking around his farm after dark and that they were known as jack o lanterns and were harmless, so I thought that is what you were talking about until, the scary faced people were seen.

you know some times when I hear these stories, it makes me think about how many people who might have seen these things and thought of aliens instead of ghosts.

Might be interesting to compare ghost stories to alien visitations and see the similarities 🤔
iamnoone (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
I think anyone or anything following you around is pretty scary. Alive or not.

I think we'd all like to know what other stuff you've experienced.
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
Hello,
These are the kinds of scary stories that I love. I really enjoyed your story. Thank you for sharing.
IBelieve (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
Thanks everyone for the comments. I agree with you Kim, I've seen orb photos which could be a spirit or just as easily be dust. I'm not saying there all dust but I think for some it's easier to put a paranormal spin on things. Again thank you!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
Hello IBelieve. I enjoyed reading your story and I am looking forward to your future stories. I also appreciate you saying that you don't remember it happening- it shows honesty and adds credibility to this story and your future stories. Thanks for sharing your story with us and welcome to our site.

FRAWIN 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I look forward to hearing more of your experiences.

I am not a huge believer in 'orbs' or balls of light, however, I do think that some people process some paranormal phenomena as light because to their mind set, what they see is not logical.

God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
Hi and welcome to this site.

I'd like to thank you for sharing your experience with us even if, as you said, you don't have a clear recollection of the events.

Yes, I agree, your mum wouldn't have made up such a story. I suppose because of the things that happened to you later on, she needed to familiarize you with your "gift" or, at least, help you make sense of what went on in your life.

I assume you have more stories coming up and I'll be looking forward to reading them.

Thanks for joining us

Tammy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: