You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Night Time Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Night Time Visitor

 

I have always been interested in the paranormal since I was little, however the only times I would go "looking" for it was when my parents and I went on retreats to haunted locations like ghost towns in AZ or the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA. I have been visited before as a child, but I'll save my stories for other postings. Let's start off with the most recent.

Just recently I have been experiencing something that I cannot understand! I need some help with this one because I can't sleep at night without having a light on. The way my room is set up, you walk in and to the right is my walk in closet, to the left is my bed with the foot of the bed being closest to my closet, and since I move back and forth from California to Portland, I have boxes all up against the back wall straight ahead, and my sliding glass door is to the right in the corner.

Anyways, when I'm watching TV at night before I go to bed, I always get the feeling that something is moving from the back of my closet to the front of my sliding glass door. I'll look over there, and you can see an outline of a black shadow that looks like it's crouching, waiting to pounce... Then when you look in the closet it looks like Spiderman almost, creeping in the corner. Or I'll look at the door of my closet and you'll see an outline of what looks like death (The grim reaper). But it's like they are wearing a hood or something.

Anyways, I was trying to ignore the feelings and get some sleep because it was 1 in the morning by now, but all of a sudden it felt as if someone had taken a vacuum and sucked all the air out of my blankets! I was trapped under my blankets! Then I felt something sit on the bed and creep toward me as if they were ready to pin me down or something. I freaked out so bad!

I tried to scream but I was so terrified, and I tried kicking the blankets off of me but they were sucked down on the bed so tight I couldn't move! So I made myself get a grip and I used all my force and got the hell out of there! I left all the lights on, my TV and my cell phone in my room on because I couldn't go back in there.

I keep having these experiences almost every night and I don't know what it is. Even sometimes when I look at my closet, there's this huge haze. Almost like a grey haze covering the closet door and that's when the feelings of many energies come into my room. I feel as if there's something curious in my room, but it hasn't ever happened to me before a couple weeks ago. When I see the haze, you can hear footsteps on the carpet, like there's someone walking around in my room! I have to turn the TV up because I can hear breathing sounds sometimes too, even during the day.

Can someone please give some help on what this might be?

My room is the coldest room in the house. You have to bundle up just to slightly feel warm! Any advice helps, thanks!

Other hauntings by ElinaIoneki822

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ElinaIoneki822, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ElectricTNT (1 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
You say that you move back and forth from California to Portland. I wonder, have you brought anything new into the room recently? Is this a room that you have used for a long time without problems before they started? If so, try to think what may have changed just prior to the start of the problems either with the physical makeup of the room or a drastic occurrence or change in your life that you have not connected to the problems occurring in your bed room. I believe that sometimes these problems occur because of people or events that we don't necessarily connect together at first but are actually connected.

Try to review your entire situation both with the people you are involved with and what ever you have done that might have caused a change in either the room or your personal life. This is a starting point. Perhaps you should try sleeping in a different room to try and determine if the problems remain in just that room or if they follow you.
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
I wouldn't try to provoke it by telling it to get the f### out because you could just make angry but you could however try and get some photos and then (if something shows up) you could go to the nearest paranormal research university and see what they have to say because it doesn't sound like it is acting violently towards you "yet" just be careful and good luck 😊
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
Hi ElinaIoneki822, I really feel for you in this situation. I know all of the feelings you're experiencing except for the sense that all the air has been sucked out of your covers. I haven't had that and it sounds very frightening. There's no doubt that there's something there and I think first of all you should do damage limitation. Number one, I'd suggest you think up a mantra or an affirmation about your beliefs ie "I believe in the highest light and love etc" or "I believe in Jesus Christ etc" or whatever your spiritual beliefs are (it doesn't matter what they are as long as they carry your conviction behind them and they are good). This works for me in places with dark spirits if I want them to stay a distance away from me. Number 2 I think you should visualise yourself in a ball of bright white light. There's no doubt how helpful this is in the short term. These are all short term things to protect yourself, but as the problem is bigger than this I think something bigger has to be done and I am not qualified to help. There is a native American smudging ceremony listed on the articles pages of this website. This would be an option. The other option would be to contact somebody in your area to help with the presence. There are many organisations who can help with this and some of them are also listed on this website. Also other people on this site, I'm sure, will give you better advice on this, but I just wanted to give you some short term advice and let you know you're not alone and we understand!
iamnoone (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
That is creepy. Have you spoke to it? I know that's not always the right answer, but make it aware that it is not wanted there.

I think a lot of people here have mentioned that entities thrive on fear or something like that. It could be manifesting because you are getting more scared each time.

I'm no expert, but I would tell it to go the f--- away.:)

Good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: