You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The 8th Floor

Real Ghost Stories

The 8th Floor

 

I just recently read a story that was somewhat similiar to mine. So I thought I'd share with you my story.

When I was younger I had some health problems. Only once did I ever have to stay a few days in the hospital. When I was 10 I was sent to the hospital. When I was in the hospital I met this girl named Isabella. She was a year older then me. By the end of the first day, we became great friends.

So the next day Isabella and I spent the day together. We visited all the floors (I forget how many, but at least 10 or so). Every floor except one. One of the nurses told us to stay away from floor 8. So, of course, as small kids, when we were told to stay away from something, it only made us want to see it more.

That day we stayed away from the floor. But in the middle of the night (around 3am), I woke up. I didn't know the rules of the hospital, so I'd thought it'd be fine if I got up and went to see Bella (my nickname for her). So I got up and left the room. I went into the elevator and hit floor 4 (or so, I can't exactly remember what floor she was on, but I knew back then).

So the elevator started to go up. Now I was only suppose to go to up 1 or 2 floors. But it felt a little longer then that. So I looked up and I noticed I was higher than floor 4. I was already to floor 6, and the elevator kept going until I hit floor 8. When I hit floor 8 the doors to the elevator opened. I wasn't really scared, I just thought I may have hit 8 instead of 4 by accident.

I was going to hit the button to go back down to floor 4, but then I remembered that the lady said not to go to floor 8. So, of course, I get out of the elevator and started to walk slowly down the halls. There were no lights on in this floor. It looked like a very old floor. Kind of broken-down. Possibly renovations, I didn't know.

So I take one turn in the hallway and I hear this voice. And I remember very clearly what it said. "Hello!" Is what the voice yelled. Now, this was not a nurse's voice. This was a little girl's voice. Like 6 or 7. Now you'd think that'd be creepy? No. I just thought that maybe a girl came out of her room or something. Sure, the hair on the back of my neck was standing, but that was only because the girl startled me.

So I turn around and I see no one. I thought "Hey, maybe she left..." So I looked around the corners. Nope. No one. Here comes the very creepy part. I hear this faint laughter. It sounded like the girl. But if it were day time and there were people walking about, you'd think "Hey, what cute laughter..." No. It was just me. And it scared me half to death.

So then I decided I'd go back to my room. I headed straight to the elevator. I kept hitting the button to go down. The doors opened and I ran in and hit button 2. The floor I believe I was staying on. When I finally get to floor 2, I hear the girls voice again. I remember very clearly what she said. "Let's play tomorrow..."

Of course, I ran straight to my room, got under my covers, and stayed there the rest of the night. Now you may think this story isn't scary, but I was only 10. Walking in those halls full of complete darkness. And I've never told anyone about my experience there. Not even Isabella (who I never played with again when I left the hospital). I never walked those halls again, heck, I never went into that elevator again. I'm now a stairs person. Amen for stairs!

This happened 3 years ago. To this day that girls voice freaks me out. I only went into that hospital one other time, to visit my Auntie. Same hospital. But when the lady said my Auntie was staying on floor 8, I quickly got out of the hospital. I knew I wasn't welcomed there. And I knew the girl didn't want me there. I never stepped foot in that hospital again. You could offer me a thousand dollars and I wouldn't go back on that floor. Never walk the floors so late. And always listen to the nurses. God bless you all!

Other hauntings by GhostGal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostGal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Buzz_man123 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
I know comments for this dried up a long time ago but I recently stumbled upon it and just thought I'd add that It would be ace for you to go back up to that 8th floor on a night with some friends and record the whole thing! You say you like scary things and I would love to see the footage on this website!
Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-09)
YA these hospitals are FREAKY... This same thing happened to me... I went to visit my grandmaa... And my mum and dad were in room I went through lift down to bring a bottle of water when I reached the floor I didn't noticed that I pressed 1 but I went straight to floor 13 and was very keen then I saw it was all empty just a light was blinking I straightly an towards lift and pressed 5 again when the door was closing I saw a lady with 8 children seeing me and was running towards me I started praying and when I reached 5th floor I saw my grandmaa's room and went straight in there and was hell scared... But didn't told anyone...

😨

GOd bless you all ❤
Yukari (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
Hospital's ALWAYS freak me out. I always get this eerie feeling whenever I step into one and I think it is because I KNOW that people have passed away here.

You must have been pretty brave at age 10, because if I saw a dark corridor in a hospital I would have NEVER left that elevator. Okay, well curiosity may have gotten the best of me so there is a possibility that I would have went, but if common sense was there to stop me, stop me it would. Lol.

That was a great story, but I doubt that you were unwelcome in the hospital. The spirit didn't seem very menevolent and she wanted to play with you, maybe you had made a new friend.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Hi ghostgal, sorry late for reading this. What a story. For being so young, you sure had a lot of will power to walk down those hallways! I would be running and I'm a lot older than you! Hospitals are like this I guess. Take care of yourself and thanks for a great story.
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
Haha, thanks. I know, hospitals+dead people+people who can sense dead people=scarhy things. Hahaha. And thanks for correcting my spelling. =/ I just HATE spelling! Ugh. Well. And math. AND science. Ha. Thats why I'm getting held back. 😆

~Gejro
huendchen (49 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
Scary story! Hospitals are rife with activity. Thanks for sharing. By the way, it's 'coincidence' and 'conquer'... 😐
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
JEETESH,

I have NO clue where Isabella is now. When I lef the hospital we just never spoke again. The reason I never told Bella 'bout it cause I didn't know if she believed in ghosts or not. And I didn't want her to think I was a freak. And did I love Bella? No. I didnt, we were just great friends, haha. I guess I was kind of brave when I was younger. But when you think about it, I didn't know the 8th floor was haunted. So almost any kid woulda' went on it.

~Gejro
JEETESH (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
if this story is true than its amazing and I think you are very brave at your childhood because if you were not brave than I guess you did not entered in 8 floor, any way where is isabella now... Why you are not shared this with her...? Anyway are you fall in love that time with isabella? Please let me know the answers of my question,...
looking forward to hear you
jeetesh rathore
india
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
rhodes68,

Well, growing up I easily got over stuff. I've always liked scary things, so when I was scared, I could easily get over it. Now I'm a little daredevil, I somewhat want to go back into the 8th floor now. Yet I'm still scared. But as I grow up and mature, I hope I will slowly get over this fear and be able to go back to the 8th floor to quonquer (I can't spell today, I am SO sorry!) it.
Thanks for your opinion~!

~Gejro
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Dukemanistan,

Yeah. Probably. But it was only THAT lady that told me. So I thought it didn't matter, haha. But I bet a lot of the staff DID know.

~Gejro ❤
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
ChrisB,

Well. When I first heard her voice, like I said in the story, I thought she was just another girl. But when I heard her the 2nd time, there was just something in her voice that I can't explain that scared me. It's not what she 'said' exactly. But it was her voice and her laughter that trully creeped me out.
It was the feeling in the hospital. When I first walked in I got a knot in my stomach and a eeri feeling. And I knew it was NO quincedince (excuse spelling) that my Auntie was on the 8th floor, I know THAT for sure.
But thanks for sharing your opinion! Makes me happy that people will take their time to read my post! ~^-^~

~Gejro
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Sunmoon,

Wrong. I've felt things around me my whole life. Me mum always said I'd talk to myself or I'd be playing and just suddenly stop and laugh like someone told a joke. I don't remember any of it, but that's what she says. But you're probably right, I was probably scared because I was so young. Thankies! 😁

~Gejro
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
I agree with Chris. Despite the fear you might have felt, there's no reason to feel that you were not welcome there.

Would I have stayed to check it out if I were you? No. I'd probably be running still.
dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Many hospitals have presences, it goes with the territory of being somewhere that people die in pain and suffering. You'll find many senior staff know about them, and that would probably be why they didn't want you going to the 8th floor, after all children tend to be more suceptable to these things.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
How come you think the girl didn't want you there. After reading your story I had the feeling that the child was being friendly? I'm not surprised you were scared, hey I don't think aI would go up there by myself. You are brave that's for sure. Try explaining what you felt when you heard that voice except fear. Was there something else. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
sunmoon (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Thats a cool story.

Maybe the girl was lonley and really did want to play again. She sounds like a nice ghost. The reason why you were so freaked out is because you were young and never experienced this before. I'm sure she ment no harm and the nurse was trying to keep you away to avoid getting you freaked out, but it happened anyways. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: