You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: New Occurance At College St

Real Ghost Stories

New Occurance At College St

 

I promised to keep posted on any new activity in my haunted apartment. I have, as usual seen shadows here and there. There hasn't been any more sleep paralysis, maybe because as a new parent I am hardly getting sleep, but all joking aside, I have a few new experiences. But first I would like to post an experience I thought I had included in the other story but didn't.

When I got home from the hospital with Christopher, I began seeing a young man in the hall. It was always in peripheral vision. It was in the place of where I used to see a shadow of a human figure, now I am getting this apparition. I have seen him ever since, and he looks a whole heck of a lot like Jeff. I don't know if this is a doppelganger, or just a coincidence that a ghost happens to look like my honey!

On June 11th/12th it was pretty late maybe 1am, and I had just gotten done folding some laundry. The baby was sleeping in his bassinet, and I was watching a movie coming on. Jeff had gone to sleep just before I tackled the laundry. I had just kicked back to relax and see what movie was playing, when I heard foot steps. At first I thought it was Jeff. Then I remembered he had gone to bed maybe an hour earlier. I continued to listen and realized that they sounded like the footsteps of a small child, that of maybe a five year old. Then it sounded like something fell where the foot steps sounded from and then the steps stopped as if the person had stopped to pick up what they dropped, and then they just ceased. When I got up for a drink, I looked around the area for something that could have fallen but there was nothing there.

Something else happened the following Saturday, the 14th. It involved my oldest cat who seems to have wandered off and never returned. I am having awful luck with cats in this place! I had been at the lake all day with the baby, my sister, and some friends. When I came back, my little guy was all tuckered out and fell asleep after his bath and feeding. So I decided to get some dishes done. As I stood in the kitchen, my cat Puck was rubbing my legs. I reached down to pet him, and I hear the distinct sound of Pooh kitty's meow. Puck turned around and started tracking something I couldn't see in the dining room.

Since that night, at least once a day I have heard Pooh kitty's meow. I am so upset he is gone. I had taken him for stolen, or maybe even he chose to live somewhere quieter as he hates noise and babies are loud. But now I wonder maybe he did get hurt and die? Who knows! I do really feel though that Pooh had protected me from ghosts in a way. A lot of times something would be starting to happen, or already happening paranormally, he would show up and the activity would stop. Same with my old cat Muffin, and before Pooh, there was Lynk, before Lynk, Metalica.

Can cats ward off spiritual attack, and if so, could there be something targeting my cats to get to me? What do you think?

Other hauntings by faerielike

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, faerielike, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
I do miss my Meester Pooh very much! I knew there was some connection to cats and the other side I just couldn't remember and don't have time as of late to go digging through my books! Thanks so much for the info! 😊 ❤
LaurenB (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
Hi Faerielike;

I've really enjoyed your stories thus far, and felt I should comment on this one in particular.

As Jmak pointed out, in Ancient Egyptian religions and teachings, cats were considered guardians of the underworld, working in conjunction with Anubis and later Osiris in making sure departed souls "behaved themselves" in the afterlife.

Also, the Goddess Bastet (who was depicted as either a cat, or a human with a cat's head) was viewed as a protector, specifically a protector of women and those who loved and cared for cats, among other things. Often these traits would be attributed to cats in general, as all cats were viewed as descendants of Bast. With traits like these, it's no surprise then that I've named MY cat Bastet!

While the dynasties that worshiped Bast are long since gone, it's still a comfort to think that our cats (and indeed all pets) are here to not only love us, but to protect and take care of us, too!

~Lauren
SkAlArIaK (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
Hm, I get that too... One of my cats Sammy passed away about a year ago, and I do hear him when I'm alone... I can't really explain it but I know what you meen...
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hi Faerielike,
I just got the chance to sit down and read all of your fantastic stories. I'm sorry for all the loss and fear you've experienced. As for your cat protecting you the Egyptians believed that cats were the guardians of the underworld. Not saying you were haunted by an egyptian but why do they (cat protectors) have to be restricted to just one culture? Why not protect everyone? Just a thought. Great stories. God bless. 😊
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Yeah I know, he wasn't old though. I worry he was fatally wounded and died in pain somewhere. It is nuts though because I just had a cat die in February too! There is a story on here somewhere about her as there were weird things accompanying her death. I am hoping he is alive and it was my imagination. I have had two cats move in with little old ladies when they were about Pooh kitty's age, so I hope that is the case! Especially the way he reacted to Chris's crying, which is the way he reacts to all loudness, he goes outside. Or hides (he was terrified of thunder.) Anywhoo, thank you all for your advice and comments. ❤
fizzypulp (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Sorry t o hear about your cat going missing.
Cats are known to wander of and curl up soemwhere to die (sorry, that sounds so blunt) so this may have been the case in this instance., especially if they were old.
The fact that you are hearing your cat makes me think they have passed on but please do not think they got hurt, try to take comfort in what I have said in the above.
Your cat obviously loved you very much to return to you in afterlife
K
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
I don't know if cats can be targeted by spirits but, if humans are, then why not.

Have you ever thought that a spirit might not wish to be seen or might even be as surprised and scared as you who perceive it? They were once human after all.

Before you jump into hasty conclusions about your cat, wait to see if he was simply scared away by the entity you sense and needs his time to come back.

Then again he is a male (?) cat so maybe he is just out and about looking for some companion.

As for the figure you see and the noises you cannot explain that could mean that someone is curious about the new arrival at your household. We have heard that newborns can trigger more paranormal occurrences than before.

I'd be keeping my eyes on Christopher all the times.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Hi Faerielike. Nice to hear from you again. Well I don't think that a cat could have protected you but I do have a theory. I believe that spirits needed a lot of energy to fully manifest. But to fully manifest the spirit needs strenght and full concentraion I guess. I don't think he just drains power off of something then shows himself. I believe that spirits show themselves when they want. In most cases. But with your catI think It couldn't have fully manifest here because the cat was disturbing it. I know this is a theory and I know a lot of people will not agree with this but there is something in it. I think? In otherwords I do believe your cat in someway protected you. I hope this wasn't too confusing 😁.I hope to hear from you soon and take care
dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
I don't know if I would rely on a cat for protection, they tend to be hunters more than guardians and the first ruler of being a hunter is 'never hunt what you can not catch'. Cats, according to my research, tend to avoid haunted areas, which would explain why yours seem to keep dissappearing, maybe they are running away. As for spectral animals I have my own story about that which I will eventually post here.
sunmoon (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
This is an interesting story.
I believe that maybe sence your oldest cat left and apparently never came back maybe something did happen to him and he did pass away. I believe that if he did and your hearing his meows he did come back after all but without his body, only his spirit. Just like humans he came back home were he was loved, but if so this means that it might have been accidental death which is why his spirit remains. He came back to protect you. Your other cat picks up his sent because animal can see and feel the presence of spirits more then humans.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
You had a cat named Metalica? Metallica is my favorite band. Well, Maybe the cats sense something is going to happen. I've had my cat lewis come to say goodbye, I do miss my little lewis (I called him bugaboo at times). That is the only animal spirit activity happen to me. I bet you miss your old cat. 😢
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Also, read "A Cat's Protection" by TKO. It's about their cat that watches over the bedroom.
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Hi there,

From what I've always hear or read is that pets have somewhat of a 6th sense. I've even seen on this show that Dolphins and other marine life have the same thing. But I've mostly read about domestic animals having this sense, but as for personal expierence, I can't exactly pinpoint or say that it's true. I do know that my Blue Pittbull (that I have back home, which my parents are looking after since I'm deployed to Japan) has been awaken me in the early hours of the morning barking and going on and on. Mind you, I'm from the 'sticks' of Northern Florida, and burglars and other prowlers are very seldomly heard of, so I'm sure that he was warning something non-human. Keep Us All Updated. And God Bless 😊

-Burnz
cash98 (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
great story I loved it ❤ but I can't really say I have any advise sorry...

peace and luck be with you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: