You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: 4:00 Am Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

4:00 Am Visitor

 

A little while after my daughter was born, in June of 2006, I believe she started to get a "visitor" about once a week. I would be asleep in my bedroom, she in her crib in her room which is at the other end of the hall. I would be sound asleep and all of a sudden her baby monitor would get static. Not the regular static which it often gets, loud and annoying, but rather a softer, almost pulsing sound. Then I would hear her start to moan, or move around, annoyed like something was bothering her. I would get a horrible feeling of pressure around me as if it were holding me down to my bed so as to visit her undisturbed.

This went on for months, always between 4:00 am and 5:00 am. I always felt it could be either my Grandmother or Grandfather, both of whom passed away right before she died. My Grandfather had accidentally run over my Grandmother and she died that night. Then, obviously he could not live with the grief and I believe he killed himself by not eating. He died 6 months later in December 2005. My daughter was born six months after that.

Eventually as she grew and could speak, I would hear her say "Hello" and some of her toys would go off on their own. Still the noise on the monitor. It reached a fever pitch when one night I was awakened by what I thought was my alarm going off (It is set for the radio) so I thought I heard the radio. Then as I truly awoke, I realized it was not the radio but seemed to be static in my head. Again I felt like something was pinning me to my bed. I could not move. All of a sudden I felt a poke in my side. I turned my head, expecting it to be my cat, but nothing was there. I couldn't move. I was paralyzed with fear. Eventually I was able to turn on the TV and the light and stayed awake the rest of the night.

I should say two other things. My husband is a cop and he works over nights some nights, and this always seemed to happen when he was not home. So he thinks I am crazy. Also, I happened to be researching and writing an exhibit for our local Historical Society about the restoration of our old gravestones. I had been exploring several graveyards up and down New England for the past 2 years.

I told my mother all about these visitors, since the beginning. She came to visit me in March. The first night she slept over in the guest room which is next to my daughter's room. She told me in the morning that she was "shoved" in the back 3 times in the early morning. (My grandparents were her parents).

So, I have a few questions... Who is coming? I believe it or they are not harmful, just visiting us because they are checking up on us, more importantly my daughter. Could it be my Grandparents or someone from the graveyard?

I had a miscarriage in January and then began having fainting spells, panic attacks, and an unexplained pressure in my head and ears, and nightmares in the middle of the night. Could this be related to a spiritual visit? I have been to so many doctors and they all say nothing is wrong with me. My friend said she read that these symptoms could be the result of spirits. Has anyone else had these symptoms or ever hear of this? The visits continue. I have never worked up the nerve to go in her room while I felt someone was there.

I know they are not there to do harm, so I just let them visit, but if they are causing me these symptoms, perhaps I should confront it. Any suggestions as how to do this? Thank you for listening

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, McSaragon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
Fill your heart and you home with the Holy Spirit. Pray and ask God to drive away any evil and replace it with His Holy Spirit. What ever you do, do not try to contact it, that would most likely make things worse. It would probably deceive you anyway and say that it was your grandparents, but why would they scare people that they love, deprive you from sleep, and punch their own daughter in the back and deprive her of sleep. It may be something if your grandparents were like that when living but it does not sound like they were. The accident in which your grandmonther lost her life brought on despair that would certainly attract unwanted spiritual attention. The grief that killed your grandfather was not given him by God, I am sure that God was there with him, but there were probably forces there as well that did all that they could do to deepen his grief. This is about good and evil and I don't mean to scare you but your child needs to know that God will protect and love her and if she loves Him back He will never let anything touch her, the same for you as well. I am not downing anyone else's advice, but truth is what you need right now, not speculation. Get help from a christian church and a christian team to help you. Although none of us can be sure, I don't think many could honestly vote that it is your grandparents, but that is a natural reaction in these cases. This is fixable and there is help out there in your area. Search it out now and get this out of your way so that you can live in peace.
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
Emerald-
Don't feel dumb, there is no such thing as a stupid question when it's legit.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
oh, I feel dumb for asking that... Thanks for the answer tho, I'm still learning more about the paranormal.
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
Emerald Angel-
666 is supposedly the sign of Lucifer, this association stems from the repeated reference of the number in the Bible to an agnostic being. They are referencing the fact that the 6's seem to line up in this story. I should say though, more recent studies are starting to suggest the actual number isn't 666 but 616.

The most active time for spirits and paranormal energy supposedly is from midnight until 3 am, more 'powerful' closer to midnight. This is referred to as the 'Witching hours'.

Another theory is that 3 am (the Devils hour) is the most powerful time for dark beings as it mocks the time of death of Christ which took place at 3 pm. They also say it mocks the Holy Trinity.

Some say 3:33 is another hour that seems to give people a hard time. Supposedly because there isn't a 6:66 so that's the closest mock time.

Hope that helps you.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
Carrotred, that's really scary I'm also Christian and am a bit skeptical on why that number is bad? Please excuse my ignorance, I'm just curious on how those numbers are bad.
zaynab (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
hey there, I wanted to say I don't believe in ghosts although I do believe in jinns which are super natural creatures that God speaks 2 us about in the Holy Qur'an...these creatures can not be seen in there origal form although they can posses human & animal like bodies & ofcourse then you can see them... They like us have their own religions & beliefs. I think that a jinn was the 1 visiting your daughter. Jews & christians as well as us muslims believe that once a person dies he's gone from this world & can not re-enter it. Pardon me if I'm interfering with your beliefs is not my goal I'm just tryin to help you understand these super natural things that do happen 2 us from time 2 time... If would like 2 know more about jinns you can read the Qur'an
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-13)
I am law enforcement and a religious demonologist. IT IS A DEMON, period. Holy water, blessed salt, and receipt of sacraments (Mass, Holy Communion, and confession) would help. Command it to leave in Jesus' name. Say the Rosary, and pray to St. Michael the Archangel and to Mother Mary for protection. God bless. Dukes2352 at Aol.com
Timothy (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
I believe that when you die you move on, its just my opinion. If you are experiencing pain & fear it is from demons & foul spirits not your Grandparents. These things are decieving you and could be using your Grandparents as a guise.
adullin (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-20)
why would your grandparents hold you down to look at their own granddaughter? It doesn't seem righ to me. You need to find out who they are and what they want.
Carrotred (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Why thank you Rebelboy1987. I did a little research and it seems 3 until 6am is the most active time for BAD SPIRITS. Being draw to the suffering you had relevent to the numbers 666 could have draw these evil spirits. I suggest you get some kind of investigator, and make sure THERE IS DEFINITLY A LINK. As it could solve your probelms.

All the best - Carrotred
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
Hi, I really hope your situation gets better! I have had the poking thing happen to me several times before! I used to get freaked out because it happened when I was little, but know that I'm older I'm not scared of it when it happens. And I'm sorry to hear about your grandparents, your grandmothers death must have been horrible for your grandfather. If anything else happens please keep us posted!
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
I'm surprised you notice that Carrotred. It didn't even occur to me. But that could definately be some kind of bad omen that might have opened some kind of "portal" entry for bad spirits. That is an interesting theory.

Trent
Carrotred (35 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
Hmmm... I'm a christian, but did antbody else notice that your daughter was born on june 2006 6/6 and your grand parents died 6 months later? Please correct me if I'm wrong. But that could be a reason for these vists. Maybe they are returning to protect your daughter from some sort of bad omen. If I was you I would do some research.

All the best - Carrotred
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
To my knowledge I haven't been touched or poked by any spirits. If I have I immediately dismissed it as something else. But I have these nerve tremors in my legs and arms all the time. And it's usually when I am by myself.
As for the dreams... I think my dreams are a median for spirits, as I have some of the most vivid dreams about dieing. I have been KILLED 5 times before in my dreams. Usually by being shot in the head or neck. But prior to the killing, the story is so real like it could actually be something that happened to someone.
It might all be crazy paranoid feelings, but like I have told others, I don't have feelings of spirits in my new house. But good luck with that and God bless

Trent
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
Hi McSaragon and thank you for submitting your story.

I read it as carefully as possible trying to understand if there was actually some connection between your miscarriage and the events at your house- if there was some sort of "intervention" but I can't find any, at least, from what you are saying.

The way I see it is that you were probably experiencing poorly physical symptoms of a problematic pregnancy and due to the fact that you had these occurrences taking place every night, you somehow related it to that.

I don't believe that relatives who "visit" mean any harm apart from the fear they inevitably cause sometimes. They were your grandparents who loved you your whole life so they are still those loving grandparents after death.

If it is them who came to see your newly-born,they came out of love.

Have you ever heard the baby cry or become agitated during the visits? If the answer is yes, then you should really worry if it is not them.

I know it is frightening to come face to face with the "other side" but you are its mother who's there to protect it so next time you feel the presence, you need to get up and go to its room. Check the place thoroughly, check out your baby's reactions.

You may need to place a few crosses around the house and especially in the nursery like Chris said and try speaking to whoever can hear. Tell them that if they wish to visit they should do this without scaring you or your baby.

Tell them that if they are indeed your grandparents, they are welcome to visit whenever they wish but they should do so very discreetly. I assure you if it is them you will know-they will find a way to tell you.

In short, work up your courage to go in there and deal with the situation or take the baby in your bedroom the nights your husband is at work to ensure its safety. See how things will progress before you feel the need to act differently.

Keep us posted.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
I am very sorry for your loss. I believe there is something visiting you.a...But do you realy think this could be your grandparents? I have a wierd feeling that it is somone elese. You say that you feel pain, the baby cries and that you feel fear. I don't know your Grandparents but do you think they would do you harm? I know in what situation you are in. I was there. A lot of people have been there. I would suggest getting rid of what is visiting. Even though its your granparents I do think they should cross over. I would suggest outting a cross in your childs bedroom and pray. Pray and tell them to cross over. If that don't work try a smudge ceremony. There are instructions on this site on how to do it. I knopw it must be hhard for you when your huband doesn't believe you. But you must understand that he is not with you at nights and he doesn't see what's going on. I hope this helps. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
sara (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Hello Mcsaragon,

It does seem to be your grandparents. If not then in many of cases people have told stories of how they brought someone home with them after visiting a graveyard.

Im sorry about your miscarriage,
Those symptoms could be a result of the visitor. I'm not sure of your nightmares, but maybe they are trying to tell you about themselves.

I hope this helped in some way, good luck.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
I'm sorry about your miscarriege.

I have hade a sense in my head, it felt like my head was going to explode. That happened when I was really sick last year, when I was about to fall asleep I had that feeling and a moment later I believe I saw my dead grandma.

But I never had the other symptoms because I'm only 13, so I can't help you in that department Sorry. Hope you have the courage to see who is visiting you and your daughter.
cash98 (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
I never hd those symptoms. I am not a mother yet but hope to be one someday. Well if you can't get up when it happens maybe you should sleep in her room or write a note that explains how you feel and put it in her room. So good luck I'm sorry if I cannot help.

peace and luck be withyou

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: