You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Sleepover

Real Ghost Stories

Sleepover

 

As I mentioned in the previous post I had a fateful sleepover in my paranormally active home.

I was brave enough when I was 13 to tell my best friend Susan about the strange goings-on in my home. There was something about talking about it to a sympathetic ear that made me feel better as my family often dismissed what I told them. Susan was equally fascinated and terrified by the stories but believed me as best friends do for one another.

Being 13 year old girls our conversations revolved more around boys and gossip than the supernatural. And being a normal 13 year old girl I invited her for a sleepover. I really, really didn't think anything was going to happen. The occurences weren't daily and I think a part of me really wanted to believe it was all my vivid imagination.

We slept in the downstairs, partially built family room so we could stay up to all hours and giggle without keeping anyone up. The family room had walls built but cement floor littered with toys and clothes, books etc. We also had a ping-pong table that wasn't used anymore, just collected toys and folded laundry.

It was a normal sleepover. We stayed up late then decided to go to sleep. It was perhaps under an hour after we had turned the lights out and the sound of rolling ping pong balls started at one end of the basement where the laundry room was. They sounded like they were getting closer and closer but never came into the room. All I could think was "not tonight, please not while my best friend is here." I was embarassed of all things as only teenagers can be. Susan was whispering "Are you awake? Do you hear that?" and we both hid under the covers. It lasted for quite some time, or at least seemed to. I would say at least a few minutes. But the best/worst part is we didn't have any ping-pong balls! Our dog chewed any we did have leaving them useless and the game had lost it's appeal to us long before so we never replaced the balls.

When we discussed it the next morning I pointed out to Susan that we had no ping-pong balls I thought she was going to lose it. It was just too freaky for her and me! Word went around school pretty fast about the night and I didn't have a sleepover again. Some kids were even scared of me!

Now that many years have gone by and I've had a chance to research a bit I think it may have been poltergiest activity. Lots of energy from teens, and already susceptable environment and expectation? I don't really know. Anyone have any thoughts?

Other hauntings by Joyful

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Joyful, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Carrotred (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
I would not say its a Poltergeist, as they really tend to frighten you. (screaming your name, throwing items around etc...) But yes Poltergeists ARE connected to Teen energy. But mostly teens who died themselfs. More information of what you was doing at the sleep over would be nice. That way we could find out if anything in particular was triggering the Spirits presence to be known.

All the best - Carrotred
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
Hi, from what I have heard from this story I think your not in any danger from the ghost. I think its a shame that kids are afraid of you just because your house is haunted! Most people I know are too ignorant to talk to about the paranormal. Thanks for the story!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
Hi Joyful and thanks for coming back with another experience.

I read both your stories and personally, I don't see the second story as a different experience than the first and, therefore, irrelevant to the first. It would be easy to say that sounds, objects moving etc etc, sound very much like poltergeist and especially when a teen is involved, it sounds like a "safe" conclusion but I 'm not sure that is the case.

Poltergeist activity, as far as I recall, doesn't involve apparitions and in your first story, you already mention that the house you lived in was very active not only in a sense of noises being heard and objects moved but in terms of figures seen walking about. There was a figure of a person observing your mother while sleeping.

In short, I will stick to my first conclusion which was residual as well as intelligent haunting. Maybe the noise of the ping-pong balls rolling that night was again an imprint of an old event on the present or, most likely, the spirit's/spirits' attempt to communicate its/ their presence in your household.

It's just my opinion.

Thanks
XoxMandy96Xox (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Um I just had a similar experience with my best friend last night. But it was at her house when we went to go down the stairs of her attick and something grabbed my foot. And then when we were walking back from her grandmothers her curtians in her window looked like someone was looking out to us... Theres more th the story and It will be shared by me...anyways...Maybe you should get your house blessed. It might help.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Well its hard to say. Like dukemnaistan I thik it is hard to explain anything without further activities. Not that I'm saying that there wasn't a ghost with you. I actually believe that there was something there. But why did you hear ping pong balls if you didn't have them? Thats were I'm very confused. Its like the spirit made those sounds. This one is hard for me. I have heard that spirits are able to make sounds taht are not possible. For instance a glass breaking but no glass to be found. So I think this would be the best example. Let us know of other activities you have witnessed or seen then we can help you. But other then that I realy think there is something down ther. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Poltergeists generally tend more towards sudden and violent movement, throwing things, slamming things.

Noises are more the realm of other sorts of ghosts, but really it would be difficult to judge without additional experiences for us to analyze for common traits.
LaSarah (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
I cannot make a clear judgment on only one occurrence. But it sounds to me that you simply have a ghost in your home and if it hasn't hurt you yet, it's harmless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: