You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Was It The Shadow Man?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It The Shadow Man?

 

When I was about 6, we had just moved into our new house and of course I was very excited! The area we lived in was the same area that my best friend used to live in when she was younger. It was not the same house but I was very excited. The first night was a bit weird. I had the smallest room in the house because I was the youngest. My brother loved to scare me, so he thought it would be funny to tell me that a shadow man lived in my room.

I was in bed. It was about 10:30 and it was quite late for me then, considering I was only 6. I kept tossing and turning and no matter what I did I just couldn't get comfy. I closed my eyes and started seeing blue shapes just letting my mind help me drift off, but then I saw black, full blackness and I thought of my brothers shadow man story. I opened my eyes and looked over towards my wardrobe. There was a young boy, middle teens I would say. He had scruffy hair and baggy jeans and a t-shirt. He had a cap that covered half of his face. His arm covered the rest. I thought it was my brother playing a trick so I threw my teddy bear at him. He looked up and removed his arm. I was frozen with fear as I saw his face. Well, the thing is there was no face; just a huge hole in the middle, and peeling skin round the outside.

What looked like black smoke was coming out of the hole. I was frozen in fear. I blinked once and he was sitting back at my wardrobe. Squeezing my eyes as tightly together as I could I somehow managed to get back to sleep. When I awoke the next morning the Teddy bear was on the floor next to my wardrobe, and when I asked my brother about the shadow man he told me he had made it up. My best friend came round the next day and told me it was probably my imagination.

A few weeks ago (I am now 13), I was having a sleep-over with one of my friends, Emma. We were telling ghost stories and went to sleep about 4 in the morning. I awoke at 5:30, and it was pitch black. I turned over to face my wardrobe and saw what looked like smoke, but it was not thick. It was 2d, like shadows of smoke. I just forgot it and went back to sleep.

Was this my imagination? Or is there really a shadow man?

Has anybody else had any experiences ike this?

Please comment as I am really needing answers.

Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amiie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Gundalf (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-03)
I'd have to agree with everyone one thing I know about when it comes to ghost is if you believe somthing is there your mind will begin to play tricks on you this is why when spooky things are happening try to keep a clear mind.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
I have to agree with duke. Sounds like a good case of the heebie jeebies due to being told frightening stories. Children have been known to have night terrors especially when there is a new move involved and they are in a strange house and nothing is familiar. My friend had that with both her boys when she left their father and moved to a new house. After a while it stopped but the doctor told her this is common when kids lives change dramatically and they have trouble coping. If this stuff only happens once in a while I wouldn't worry about it. You are just impressionable and that can cause manifestations that are due to your imagination.
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
I did have something like that happen to me as a kid. I will post the story soon. It's very chilling to me even to this day. But you know young kids' imaginations. They can run a bit wild. But I have no doubt you think you saw something. Thanks for sharing

Trent
Amarra (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
I have to agree with duke & chris. When I was a little girl, I had this dream one night that I was on an island and being chased by a monster. I was terrified! Somehow, I told myself that this was just a dream and all I needed to do was open my eyes. However, when I did, I was still in the dream. Still on the island, still being chased, still terrified. A closed and opened again, and I was back in my room. As a little girl this terrified me that I couldn't get out of my dream! Now, they have published studies on that kind of thing.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
I have to agree with Duke here. When you get scared as a child its easy to imagine things. I had the same thing happen to me. But it was a very interesting story. Thank you for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
I think it is very likely that you dreamt this and perhaps your body reacted to the dream by hurling the teddy bear. Also young children are known for having difficulty seperating fantasy and reality.

Of course it is possible that you saw can be taken at face value (pardon the pun) but it is strange that the only time you ever saw anything unexplained was immediately after being told about something frightening?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: