You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Child

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Child

 

In the early 70's my husband, child and I moved to an apartment that was provided by his employer. The property consisted of 3 houses and several greenhouses. The business was a wholesale florist. The apartment was over the oldest house (the owners grandparents). It was a cute apartment and worked well with my small family. But for some reason I always felt uneasy at night and liked to keep a light on when going to sleep. Many times when visiting the mother of the owner (she was in the 3rd house) I would tell her of my creepy feelings and asked if there were any deaths in that house and she couldn't remember any.

In '72 I had my second child while living there and being busy with 2 children I was too tired at night to dwell on my feelings. But a year after my 2nd child was born, my marriage was in trouble and I found myself sleeping on the couch. I stayed up late, reading or watching television and when I could finally fall asleep, I made sure a light was on because a few times when I turned off the tv and the room got dark, I would start to feel fearful.

The final year of living in this apartment I had one experience. I had fallen asleep while watching tv and for a brief moment I woke up and shut it off. I drifted back to sleep only to be wakened by my son. ONLY it wasn't my son because just as I said to this child standing next to my head, Karl what are you doing out of bed, the child vaporized right before my eyes. Poof into thin air, I quickly turned on the light and after I calmed down, I was able to get back to sleep.

I also remember one time before I started sleeping on the couch, I was asleep in the bedroom and my husband got up early to go hunting and he woke me up to say goodbye. I didn't feel the need to turn a light on as it was early morning, but it was before the sun was up so the house was dark. Unfortunately right after he left, that feeling came over me again and I jumped out of bed and turned on the closest light.

I never did find out who this little boy was or why I felt so creeped out in this apartment, and other than that one episode I did not see any evidence of ghosts or a haunting.

Other hauntings by MOTHERPANN

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MOTHERPANN, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Can't remember anything about the child as it was more of a mist then anything else. The problem I had was I was very frightened in that apartment and was surprised to see a child and not something worse that would explain the terror I felt in the dark.

Don't know if because the marriage was shakey also added to the black mood or if the black mood affected the marriage.

My family is fine the kids are 39 and 36 now and I have been divorced from their father since 1975. So the marriage didn't last more then 5 years and it was during the time we lived in that apartment we split up. But it was a rocky marriage almost from the beginning (too young to be married) 😆
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-05)
P.S. I hope your marriage is okay now? 😁 And your family is well.

Hope to hear from you soon, Lily x
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-05)
Hi MOTHERPANN,

Thanks for another fascinating story! I agree with Katona1700s that the 'child' probably died nearby and thought you may have been his mother, but after saying your own childs name he thought otherwise.

Did you feel at all threatened when the 'child' showed itself to you? Can you remember what the 'child' was wearing, or his expression when you noticed him?
I don't think the 'child' was there to harm you or your family, I think he was just trying to find his own family.

Thanks Again, Lily x
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
I never could explain why I felt uneasy in that apartment over the bosses house. Even the owners couldn't think of any reason for me to feel that way.

I felt this way when I moved in (happy) and once my marriage was on the rocks (sad) so I don't think my moods changed the "feeling" in the house.

Looking back on the events, especially now where I have had many ghostly experiences in my adult life, I have a hard time associating the very evil feelings and the child as being one and the same.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
When we are stressed weird things can start to happen. I think it's because we are emotionally charged or depressed by what is happening in our lives. It's like a constant kind of worry or trepidaton which can manifest into dreams and the like. I'm not saying the boy ghost was not real but it did happen when you were in repose and that can mean it was a waking dream of sorts. Not saying it was but I wouldn't rule it out either.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
Motherpann thanks for coming back.

You do know that some spirits are attached to the land where the house stands and not the house itself so whether there were any deaths within the property, it makes little difference.

And yet, I feel that what happened that night was a single and only visitation from a drifting spirit. He was just passing by.
JEETESH (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
no need to worry its the unsafe feeling which surround you, it will faded with time... You keep urself busy so that your mind not think about that and the last and the most important thing is that, that don't forget to remember jesus when you are going to sleep may jesus hepl you and this incident never repeat again,,,,your well wisher
jeetesh rathore
india
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Maybe the boy did die somewhere else like Duke said.

Maybe the reason why he showed himself to you is because he hadn't seen his mother and you resemble a mother, and after you said your son's name he knew you weren't his mom.

I hope you have another experience. I like this story it resembles some of mine, sorta. 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
I think Duke is on the right track. MAybe he didn't die there. I realy liked your story Motherpann. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I wonder who that boy was. Well maybe another family helped him cross over. Thank you for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Maybe he didn't die in the house. Maybe he was a sick child and died in the hospital but the house was where he lived so it was where he felt connected to.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: