You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Name Being Whispered

Real Ghost Stories

My Name Being Whispered

 

Well, this post is one of a few that I am willing to share (as it says in my bio). It's not too long, though. These were two similar incidents, so I'm going to put them into one short story.

This wasn't my first experience, but one of the most memorable ones because I was older and I don't think my imagination was as over active as it was when I was little and thinking I was seeing random movements in the old houses I used to live in. Anyways, it was fall and school had just started. We were about a month or two into the school year at this time and I was standing out by the bus stop.

Let me set the tone for you a little bit here. I'm from southern Georgia, born and raised in a very small town called Naylor. I had moved right across the state line into Jennings, Florida about two or three years prior. We were still the "new family" and were still getting used to the neighbors and everything. I lived in a small subdivision of dirt roads and randomly placed houses. We only had two neighboring houses that were in eye's view. One was directly across the road facing our house along the main road, in which no one lived because they were still clearing off that land and hadn't dug their well yet to get proper plumbing. And then there was the house next to that on the left (if you're looking from my house) where my friend, Zane, lived.

So there I was. I was about 5:45 in the morning and I was the early one to the bus stop, patiently waiting for the bus for school. It was a little bit chilly outside considering it was autumn and all. I looked at my watch and it was around 5:50 or so. I heard a door shut and turned around see my boy, Zane, about 200-250 yards away, heading over my way. As I turned in that direction facing the empty lot across the street awaiting my boy, I felt a slight breeze blow past me and heard my name called in a very soft voice (maybe a female's voice?), "Chrissssssss." At that moment, I tried to follow the leaves blowing in the breeze. Now, normally you see the leaves just roll all the way through the yard 'cause a gust or breeze doesn't just stop, right? They blow just past my body and fall to the ground about 15 feet in front of me.

Being freaked out by what had just happened, I turned around really quick to see if it could have been my sister playing tricks on me. I mean, she's only a year younger than I am and we play games on each other all the time and still do to this day.

So when I turned around, she was just leaving the house, too. So I was just kind of frozen and I just stood there in some type of shocked state until my sibling and friend got there. I never shared this with anyone until now.

The second account was a little weirder because I was completely alone. It happened a little less than a year after the other incident.

It was now summer and I was on my way home from my best friend Jimmy's house after having an afternoon full of backyard football and us literally beating the hell out of one another ('cause we actually played tackle football with no pads or anything). So, I was on my way home, it was almost dark, and the sun had already gone down. Jimmy lives about a mile from me and he was the closest neighbor that was south from my house. So, there I was again walking down a heavily brushed dirt road and I heard it again, "Chrissssss". It was the soft female voice. By now I'm walking a little faster looking around for a person or being of some sort. Then, I heard it once more and I began sprinting all the way until I made it home.

I never really told anyone expect for my ex girlfriend and she sees things. I have a few stories with her to share with you which will come later. Any comments or advice is welcome. Don't be too harsh on critiquing this as this is the first time I've actually written these experiences down.

Thank you for your time,

Chris

Other hauntings by Mr_Burnz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mr_Burnz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
thanks for the comments and concerns everyone

Take care and God Bless,
Burnz
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
Very good story, Chris. Like everyone else here, I've heard my name called many times when younger, but not so much in the past ten years.

This is a thing that has always interested me (at least since the time it first happened to me), and I was amazed to find that so many people out there have the same thing happen to them.

Thanks for letting us read your tale!
lynnmtg (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
Hi, when I was in my late teens I was on the phone in my bedroom and my sister and cousin were in the den. I heard someone shout out my name from the living room so I told my friend I guess they are ready to leave and hung up. As I reached the living room I met up with my cousin and asked what they wanted as she was asking me why I was hollering my own name. I was used to having the ghost but it was her first exp. So needless to say she turned white as a sheet and had goose bumps. Then another time a friend and I came home late one night so we didn't want to wake anyone up so we went through the back door and slept on the sofa bed. She fell asleep and then I heard a loud whisper"Lynn" in my ear. I flew out of there and ran to my mothers room and she said don't worry it's probably Leroy. That's the name she gave it so we could just fuss at him to stop. There were nine kids in our family and things happened often and he is still with me today 40 years later.
hales3 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
This happens to me all of the time! You're definitely not alone on this one... It happens to me sometimes 3 times a day, and almost daily now. Something really wants my attention, I just don't know what to do. It's hard to help someone you can't fully conversate with... But yes, you have a "sixth sense" and spirits know this, so they come to the people who can hear/see/feel them. I don't think you have much to be worried about, it hasn't tried to harm you, it's just wants your attention.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-29)
Hi---Have you ever listened to a JOHN LENNON song entitled NO. 9 dream?
There's a verse in there for you, citing a similar psychic type experience.
It's my favorite Lennon song.
You can see the lyrics to this song online if you search--No.9 Dream Lyrics, or similar words.

Not saying the experiences are identical all the way--I don't believe John did any sprinting in the song. You might find it interesting to hear it nonetheless.
Tell me what you think about it...
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Hi and welcome to this site Chris. I found your story to be very interesting and I think what you heard was real. Maybe you havew a sixth sence that you haven't discovered yet (since you can only hear it). I think something is trying to get your intentio. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
bigpatti87 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
Well buddy, although this isn't the first time I have heard this story from you it still gives me the chills. I know how you feel though and man being alone and getting the feeling is never fun but at least you arent in that situation anymore 😉 just keep posting them stories because I know you have some good ones
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
It has to be weird to hear your name called and no one is there. This has never happened to me unless it was when I was waking up and I would hear my name called but I figured it was just the tail end of a dream. I have never had it happen fully awake like you have. I know people can have audible hallucinations usually due to meds they are taking or need to take. My friend's elderly mother was hearing Silent Night all the time in her apartment. They even checked with the neighbor above her to see if it was coming from there. She claimed it seemed to be coming from the ceiling of her bedroom. It was even keeping her awake at night and she would say you mean you can't hear that? Well she got on some new med and she no longers hears it. The doctor explained it as a audible hallucination due to stress and or depression. I don't know what was the cause of what you experienced but I'm sure it had to be unnerving. Sounds can travel and sound can be deceiving as to where it's coming from. Not saying this is your case but I know I have heard a growl out on my deck that didn't come from any animal but sounded like it was right next to me. I still don't know what it was but I know I heard it and I instinctively looked at the chair to my right because it sounded like it came from there. Was it sound waves from soemthing else that just bounced off where I was? I don't know but it hasn't happened again and I spend a lot of time out there. Great story and I don't think you have anything to worry about but keep a journal as to where and when it happens. You might see a pattern emerging.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
Hearing one's name being called is almost a universal phenomena. I don't know if it's spirits/ghosts trying to communicate or not but at times it can be frightening. It could also be "in your head" - you know when you hear voices that's not really there. I believe you heard what you say you heard because I've heard my name called many a time, also I've heard "hey" like someone trying to get my attention. You'll get use to it-I did.

FRAWIN 😊
themexican (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
"HOLA" emigo you had the idea of running BROD'A I woulda frekin ran as fast as I could to so saske I give you a sick job SON! 😆 😆 😆
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
Welcome Chris and thank you for sharing a well-written and interesting experience with us!

It was pretty scary to picture the event as you're describing it so I guess I would have done the same thing as you, RUN FOR MY LIFE!

I'm afraid I cannot understand much about the identity of the "visitor" other than whoever it was could not have been a deceased family member.

My reason for saying that is because a relative would have, first, attempted a more meaningful communication with you other than scaring the life out of you twice, let alone, that a family member would have persisted more than twice to send out their message.
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
thanks for the comments everyone! It was, in fact, pretty weird, but like I said I wasent too afraid. It hasent happened since then. I'll post my more intense experiences soon 😁

Chris
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
I've only heard my name in crowded areas, when there was no one calling for me. And my name is Trent. There aren't too many Trents that I know of, but it could be dismissed as something that sounded like my name. But it's always loud and very clear sounding. So I'm not sure. But that is a very interesting story. Might be someone that was close to you that passed away trying to contact you.

Trent
rapunzel1997 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
I was in a room bymyself, as you were in your second exprience, then I heard someone say "Alaura" it was just after my dad died then I heard him lauhging and craking jokes then I had a hand push down on my shoulder as if he was trying to pat me. 😲
JEETESH (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
i think this is happened to many people and no need to worry about that, everything will be fine soon and I just pray to jesus that this incident never repeat again... Hope for the best and jesus control the rest...

jeetesh rathore
india
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
I have had my name whispered as well. Maybe 3 times. I always turn to the direction of the voice and say "What?". Never heard anything after that. I believe you. I don't think it is trying to get you, just your attention.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: