You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Four Dark Figures Watching Me

Real Ghost Stories

Four Dark Figures Watching Me

 

My story begins when I was attending school in Fort Lauderdale about two and a half years ago. I'm 28 years old now, so around that time I was 26 years old. I was living alone and I was very much used to being by myself. One afternoon I came home and I felt a little tired, so I decided to lie down on my couch (on my back, something I never do). The television was off and my neighborhood was extremely quiet, it always has been. I got up and turned my ceiling fan on. I laid back down there on my back and the only sound I could hear was the sound of the ceiling fan on high.

It was at this point I felt it I was in a state of being between asleep and awake. Suddenly the noise from the ceiling fan sounded different, like distorted, it had just suddenly changed and I found that to be quite strange. I then saw four dark figures standing in the front of my couch. I could not make out any facial features, they were a black mass and I could just see their black shapes. I was terrified and at this point I tried to move to get up and I couldn't move. I tried to yell and I couldn't yell. I couldn't even move a finger even just a little. My focus was fixated on the three that were standing directly in front of me but one of them was off to the side. He seemed to be sitting and writing on something, which I found very strange.

I had overcome my fear of these beings a few moments later because I realized if they wanted to harm me they would have already done so, they just stood there watching me. I wanted to ask them what they wanted from me, but as a mentioned before I could not talk, nor move, I was helpless. I wondered who were these beings and why was one of them writing stuff down? I never found the answers to these questions to this day. A few seconds later I found myself still looking in their direction but now they were gone and the sound from the ceiling fan returned back to normal. I know within my heart, within myself that this was no dream. It was very real. During this experience I just felt as if they were observing me which I also found to be very strange.

Does anyone have any insight on what this experience was all about?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deicer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

deicer (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-02)
Reading this in 2016 ❤
Thank you all for commenting.,,,,,,,,,
friggincoldnd (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-03)
deicer,
Being a isolated incident makes me thihnk it may not paralysis. I have narcolepsy and have cataplexy and paralysis almost everynight. In my paralysis I see shadow figures everytime and my so called hallucinations are never happy or positive. Where I have never had the luxury of figuring out what it is I have figured out how to control how long I have the paralysis and manipulate the beings a little. Recently, my little sister started having the same problem. If it gets worse or happens again I would be checked for narcolepsy although there is nothing they can do for it except tell you your stressed and give you ritalin.
cbdexter (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
There's a difference between paralysis and seeing a dark figure. Personalily I think it is a sprit in your life for a reason! I know we as humans have wild imaginations especially when it comes to dreams but experiences like these are unamanagibly scary as hell! I have had this experience in my nans house which is now my aunties. I have always had dreams of a dark figured man/woman standing at the doorstep of the house! I can never see his/her face only his/her shadow standing at the doorstep! I had these dreams when I was roughly between 3-5 before my dad left us, but I can always remember this dream in my long term memory! Then 4 years ago on christmas when I was sleeping on the sofa and as I turned the TV off I felt a presence right behind me. I couldn't move or shout for anything, I felt the presence come from behind the sofa from the door. I looked up and saw the same dark figure/shadow just above my head using the only movement in my eyes, he grabbed my head from both sides and shoke my head for 5-10 seconds it was brief. Ever since then I have always felt a uncomfortable presence in the nights espeacially at that house. Also I'm not the only one to have felt a presence in the house. My brother and his girlfriend said that when they stayed their, there has been doors shuting and footsteps occasionily! I know it could be wind and its an old house but you always sense that something different. And my mum says that she had a simular experience when she was in her teens, she thinks if it is a spirit its a friendly one but I defenatily disagree. One thing that everyone in this world can agree on is that we don't know for a fact where we will end up when we pass on no matter what religon you believe in. Never rule out sprituality or anything, nothing is a certain fact. Don't rule anything out! The universe is bigger than us!
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
Sounds like sleep paralysis.

I do not know the figures that you saw, but I am pretty sure that you just had sleep paralysis.

Have you seen them any other time?

Take care! ❤
Surlay2 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
I had an experience with a dark figure also. It came to me when I was waking up, It was standing next to me bed as if it were watching me and my kids sleep, I jumped up and turned the light on. My mother told me she had seen the same thing once when I was younger, and it was doing the same watching my in my bed. And its true its like there watching what we are doing and taking it all in. I haven't seen it since that morning but I can feel it around me especially at night and in my daughters room. But if they are not hurting you then let it be...
darklink13 (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
this is bad it could be the four horsemen and the apacilypce is coming! Hide hide hide 😨
fizzypulp (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
I would not lieke to say for certain if this was sleep paralysis or not but if I ahd to say one way or another I would say it wasnt.
To observe the 'figures' for that amount of time and actually note that they were doing is quite remarkable.
Maybe in the same way we study the supernatural and ghost hunt they do similar to us - if they are ghosts from a different era things in our lifetime and what we do will be very intersting and new to them. This would obviously mean they were not risidual but active ghosts choosing to watch you.
Keep vigilant though as spirits can take different forms and can be very deceiving.
Thanks for sharing with us
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Hi and welcome Deicer. I believe that you did not dream here. I think that a group of spirits came to you. Who they are or what they want I honestly have no idea. But it seems to be something like Frawin said. I had a similar experience so I to would suugest reading his story. Thank you fro posting this story with us and if you do find anything interesting lest us know. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
I still believe he really might have seen something. I probably would agree with all of you on the sleep paralysis, but I have had an experience VERY close to this one. And the way he described the entities too closely resemble the figure I saw (even down to the way he described them "observing" him). And these shadow figures are not exactly dreamlike. Usually I'm able to see images of faces and such. I'm not saying that everyone's dreams are the same, and I am NOT saying it isn't sleep paralysis because the symptoms are very similar. But you CAN have those symptoms during a true episode of an encounter. I know I myself could not scream when my episode occured, although I did run like a bat out of hell, and I was 100% awake at the time watching a NORMAL television show when it manifested. I have no doubt in my mind what I saw. And I'm glad you shared your story deicer. It's good to know others have experienced what I have. I can't wait to hear more from you. Good luck and God bless.

Trent
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
"It was at this point I felt it I was in a state of being between asleep and awake..."

You said it yourself, mate. Sleep paralysis. The state of being both awake and asleep at the same time. I won't bore you too much with the details... Actually I will.

When you sleep, your brain produces a chemical that prevents you from acting out your dreams. Sleep walking is caused by a lack of this chemical release. The exact opposite of this is of course having your brain produce the chemical while you are awake so as to produce a half-and-half state between awake and asleep.

In this state you can imagine quite litterally anything you could in your dreams. I myself have experienced what could be described as an alien abduction during a sleep paralysis episode.

Your description of the fan making a different noise and the way everything just suddenly returned to normal are also key indicators of sleep paralysis. You woke up.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
Sure does sound like sleep paralysis. Not saying it is but it could very well be. That aside, it's also possible that they entered your space and that's what altered your normal sense of perception like the fan sounding different and then seeing the shadow figures. Lots of different explanations of what it could be but when it happens and makes that kind of impression I doubt it was just a dreamstate. If that was the case it would happen more often I would think. I saw what I thought was real people one time as black silhouetts only to find out it was not. Till this day almost 40 years later I still can recall in detail what happened. I don't have an explanation for that one and I tend to be a skeptic by nature always looking for a rational reason. Sometimes there just isn't any.
deicer (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
I would like to thank everyone for commenting and giving their input, I really do appreciate it. I now live in the Bahamas where I was born and raised and I have a few more true experiences I can share which I will post sometime in the near future. Thanks to the owner of this website you have done a wonderful job keep up the good work. 😁
Furball (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
I think it's pretty obvious that it was sleep paralysis. Who knows it may not be, but it probobly is.

"This condition may occur in normal subjects or be associated with narcolepsy, cataplexy, and hypnagogic hallucinations..."

"Symptoms of sleep paralysis can be either one of the following or a combination:

* Paralysis: this occurs after waking up or shortly before falling asleep. The person cannot move any body part, cannot speak, and only has minimal control over blinking and breathing. This paralysis is the same paralysis that occurs when dreaming. The brain paralyzes the muscles to prevent possible injury during dreams, as some body parts may move during dreaming. If the person wakes up suddenly, the brain may still think that it is dreaming, and sustains the paralysis.

* Hallucinations: Images or speaking that appear during the paralysis. The person may think that someone is standing beside them or they may hear strange sounds. These may be dreamlike, possibly causing the person to think that they are still dreaming. Often it is reported as feeling a weight on one's chest, as if being underneath a person or heavy object..."
Queezy (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
i agree with Rebelboy, because I too had an experience similar only the figure I saw was really werid. Instead of being a dark shadowy mass it was more like a fuzzy silohett of what seemed to be a person. I too couldn't move. For a while that is
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
Furball,
I don't think this was sleep paralysis just because he couldn't move. I had a VERY similar experience, and I was not falling asleep or even tired at the time. I was wide awake, and I saw the exact same dark figure as he did, but I only saw one. I'm not saying it WASN'T sleep paralysis, but there too many smilarities in my experience to dismiss it as that.

Trent
Furball (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
What happened was nothing supernatural. Its what is called sleep paralysis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
Deicer hi. Although I cannot help you understand your experience-I'm also quite puzzled with these dark figures, I'd like to simply say welcome to the site and thanks for your story.

Like FRAWIN said, check out his experience as well as all the others concentrating on these shadow figures.

I'm just about to submit a similar experience I had a few days ago and to put it plainly, despite having read quite a few of the already existing stories about shadow people on this site, I'm at a complete loss with my own encounter.
Jemascola (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
I'll bet that was really frightening. I hope that you never have to experience anything like that again, and thanks for sharing that great story.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Hello deicer. While I can't offer you any insight into what happened to you, I can sympathize with you. I had a very similar experience years ago with the four black masses, I called them monks for lack of a better name. I haven't found any answers yet either and it's been over forty years since it happened to me. Good luck on your quest for answers.
By the way, I wrote of my experience in one of my stories on this site, I think it was in one of my Tales From The Homeplace stories, and I got quite a few comments. Maybe by looking through the old comments from various people you may find something that might help.

FRAWIN 😊
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
HOLY WOW... Oh my god... I can't even BEGIN to describe what's going through my head as I read that. I JUST JUST JUST JUST got done writing my story about a childhood experience that was almost EXACTLY like yours. I tried to publish it, but the publishing page is closed at the moment. The only difference is that it was only one dark figure. But the way you describe it is still making the hairs stand up all over my body. Because it was the exact same thing I saw. No exact facial features. Just a tall dark figure at the top of my stairs. He was just STARING at me. That is just so weird that I just got through writing mine, and your story was the last one published and the first one I clicked on. I am astonished at that and still in a little bit of shock. That is pretty much my life though. A big pile of strange coincidences. You should check out the story I have currently published. Thank you so much for your story. It feels good to know what I saw wasn't just my imagination, and others have experienced what I have. Thanks again!

Trent

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: