You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Ghostly Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghostly Encounter

 

One day in late October, I invited my friends to come to a haunted house that we knew of across the street. So we had my mom drive us there.She wanted to stay in the car because she was too afraid. So we walked in with flashlights and looked over everything. We saw torn furniture, broken windows, and a black cat that we constantly heard meowing.

We were all gathered in one circle standing up in the living room, at least we thought that it was the living room.I was the first one to say something.I said, "If there is any ghost, or a person who used to live here, please give us a sign of your presence." Within one minute, we heard a ball start bouncing. We all screamed and ran to the door.

Unfortunately, this house was a huge house and we traveled far to get to where we started talking to the "ghost". We were all running around the house not knowing where we were going. I finally told all of then to stop and figure it out. We were all silent until we heard the ball bounce again. Luckily, we found the door to the right of us and we ran out screaming like crazy lunatics and that scared my mom.

Once we were in the car, we looked back at the house and vowed never to go there again.

Other hauntings by Mickey

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mickey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
I agree with everyone. Ask and you may receive. That more than likely did frieghten the spirit more than they did you. You have to understand they have been in there for possibly centuries with little or no communication, and to go in there and ask to speak with it and then freak out and scream probably didn't do any good for this spirit to be able to communicate in the future. But thanks for posting. Be more careful next time you go ghost hunting!

Trent
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
This is why an inexperienced person should not ghost hunt on a lark. More people get in trouble by thinking its "fun" to visit a haunted house. Next time, make a plan, check out your surroundings and go in with an open mind, don't taunt, ask if someone wants to communicate with you and make sure you pray for protection before you start and tell the spirit (s) that they can't come home with you.

As a parent and a ghost hunter, I can't believe that a parent would drop off their kids to go into a rundown house, with the chance of getting hurt let alone encountering spirits.

Sorry, I guess the parent in me raised its motherly head for a moment LOL

Just be careful on your next hunt!
alex323 (5 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
well. I know how scary things like that are, that's for sure. Maybe the ghost wanted to play? Or maybe it just wanted you to know it was there.
MGM4801 (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
haha I laughed.
this was a pleasure to read.
very funny. I bet the spirit was more frightened then you. I hope to hear more from you. 😆 ❤ maddie ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Duke is right. Do not ask if you don't want to here the answer. I realy liked this story. Very funny. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Some kind of a historical sound you heard mickey. The ball bouncing sound musted have been started a long time ago. Try looking up the history of the house before you go into any haunted house...
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Hi Mickey and thanks for the story. It was hilarious indeed-I agree with mpgb216.

I think the poor spirit must have been really puzzled and even more scared of you guys than you were of it. First you invite it to communicate and when it does that, you freak out on it!

Sorry but it's just too funny 😆
mpgb216 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Hi mickey, that's hilarious...there's a saying, be careful for what you ask for... You need other sound more serious than a ball bouncing? Come to my flat, you need not ask...they'll let you hear all the crazy sound like what they're doing to me daily...
dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Well, I have to say do not ask if you are not ready for them to answer. Nothing really to be afraid of from what you mentioned, but it's not my place to say you should have tried going back and communicating.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: