You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Behind The Old Grave Stone

Real Ghost Stories

Behind The Old Grave Stone

 

There is this cemetary across the street where I live. It is said to have at least 150 grave stones. Sounds big? I know. So a few nights ago, I had just finished watching the movie "Now and Then" and I saw the part where the girls went to the graveyard and tried to speak with the dead. I thought that it might be fun to just take a walk through the graveyard and just look around. Boy was that a bad idea!

As my two friends and I entered the graveyard, the first thing we noticed was that the hairs on our arms were sticking straight up and that cold and chilly feeleing ran through our bodies. After looking at at least two gravestones together, we all thought that we heard a moan come from behind a BIG gravestone about 10 feet away from us.

We stopped and just looked at everything around us. We couldn't quite put our finger on what the noise exactly sounded like but we were sure that it sounded like a women moaning. My friend, Erin, was the first to speak up. She looked at me and said, "Mickey, what is that sound?" I responded, "That sound is a women moaning, Erin." We both laughed and then noticed something that almost paralyzed us. My friend Ricky was gone. Erin and I started freaking out and called his name about 10 times. We heard the moaning again behind the big gravestone and hoped that we would find him behind it.

We didn't find him. He was gone. We almost started crying when we heard this voice behind us say, "Don't turn around! Don't turn aroound!" Erin and I weren't that stupid. We turned around and slapped Ricky until he "cried mercy." This wasn't the time to be messing about. It started getting even more frightning because we heard the moan again, but louder. This was enough for us. We had to look behind every gravestone that was in front of us.

Ricky thought of something smart for once. Since it was pitch dark, he pulled out his camera and took photos of every gravestone so that he could see it with light. By this time, the moaning had stopped and we were calm. Erin and I locked arms and watched as Ricky took shots. After every gavestone near us had been photographed, we looked through them all. Nothing made us satisfied until we came to the last picture. What we saw frightened us a lot.

In the picture of the one of the gravestones we saw a ghastly figure. It didn't have an exact shape, but we saw the head and the chest. We knew that this was the ghost that we heard moaning behind one of the gravestones because this figure looked like it had hair. So it was in fact a women moaning.

That night as we walked home we were very surprised and impressed by what we found. We showed my mom the pictures and without a second thought, she knew that this was a ghost. So as I am writing this story now, I can't help but think of what we saw that night. And still to this day, I feel like the hairs on my arms are standing up.

Other hauntings by Mickey

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mickey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rachelvaknin (9 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-27)
Hello,

My name is Rachel, I work for Raw TV. We are currently working on Series 5 of Paranormal Witness. Your story sounds really interesting and I would love to speak to you regarding your experience. In case you haven't seen the series, Paranormal Witness is a drama-documentary where the story is told from the perspective of multiple eyewitnesses - in their own words. It is now one of the highest rating shows on Syfy. For more information please check out syfy's website: http://www.syfy.com/paranormalwitness/

If interested, please email me at: rachel. Vaknin [at] raw.co.uk

Thanks,

Rachel
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
Often times we must be careful what we wish for, and go looking for.

I would also like to see the picture.

God Bless!
fizzypulp (2 stories) (35 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
You say the person had hair so must be a woman? Can you explaina s surely male ghosts have hair too!

very chilling story - could the fear and intensity of it been amplified by the fact you had just watched that movie and purposely went on a ghost hunt.
Im only saying this as often when we have it in our minds to find something we often misinterpt what we see or hear.
Im not doubting you by the way just putting a suggestion across
Would love to see the picture 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
Wow.If I were you I think I would beat up Ricky for scarring you 😜!Thanks for sharring this very exciting story with us. I agree with Rhodes that if you find the picture please submit it. It would be very interesting to see. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Scary,as I presume. The ghost on the last picture is a common type of ghost, lost ghost. Pictures are sometimes the only things that can catch a ghost on film, maybe some of you know about it already.
Hunters (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
wow that is completely scary, your friend Ricky is a joker just like one of my friends.

Truly,
Hunters
Carrotred (35 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Very terrifying. I myself live down the road from a small graveyard. But never go in there.

When I was younger I once saw an old albino women completely in white walk through there. (thought I had seen my first ghost)
😕

Loved you story, Please publish some more

All the best - Carrotred
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Thanks for submitting your experience Mickey. That must have been a terrifying hunt for you and your friends but at least you got lucky actually "catching" some proof on film.

I was wondering, could you submit your picture too? I'd like to see it.

Thanks

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: