You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Roof Top Voice

Real Ghost Stories

The Roof Top Voice

 

This is an experience in Megget, South Carolina. I was at a friend's house and we were sitting on the roof. My friend, Victoria, and I were sitting on the roof of her home listening to the sounds of the Halloween festival about a five minute drive away. She was talking about how she'd been experiencing strange things at her house and I didn't believe her. I knew she liked her stories and her imagination. We were talking about how we were going to get down from the roof to go to the festival when she started complaining that she was cold.

Now this is a person that loves to complain, yes, she is one of those "rich people." I was kind of irritated that she was complaining about being cold and told her to hurry up and get a sweater, which she did and then asked to borrow my cell phone. I was completely baffled and handed it to her. She brought up the recorder on it and I was now on the verge of exasperation.

I believe in ghosts and spirits, I've been called a "sensitive" and stuff before. Now before I discredit her, I did get "vibes" from this place. I knew it had something in it, but again, Victoria was being obsessive over it.

Now back to her with my cell. She began recording and she started just asking random questions, I began getting bad vibes and told her to give me my phone back. After a good five-minute recording she did give it back and begged me to play it back.

I opened the file up and let her listen to it on speaker. At first, it was just her talking, then static started slipping in and whispering started coming in. By this time she was holding onto my arm panicking. A distinctive voice came after a while, "Get off the damn roof before I get you off myself!" Well, we kind of jumped into the window and slammed it shut. We decided against sneaking off that night and we laid out my sleeping bag and sat up and talked for awhile.

Victoria wanted to listen to the recording again and I reached for the place where my phone had been. I was shocked to find it was... gone? I had set it down right next to me, so I got up and shuffled through a few things. Victoria was muttering something about "The ghost has it..." I got the feeling she was right and pretty much cursed my luck.

We were giving one more attempt to look for the phone, checking the window sill and sticking our heads out of the window to check to see if maybe I'd dropped it outside. No luck. So we sat back down and my back was to the window.

Now I can only describe what I feel when the paranormal's around as "vibes" because its not really a solid feeling, mostly just a sensation. But I was getting bad vibes from the windows, so I shut all of the curtains except for the ones behind me. She sat down across from me and after about five minutes began staring at the window behind me. The vibes had been growing, so I was nervous to turn around. When I did there was a shadowy figure looking in at us, but it was silvery, not black, so it wasn't a burglar. She finally screamed and I shut the curtains and told her that we should go to bed since it was getting late.

When we woke up, we opened the curtains and I went to the bathroom to change and brush my teeth. When I came out, she went in. I asked her if she'd checked for my cell phone again, she nodded and said she'd pay for a new one. I was mad because I'd have to explain to my dad that I'd lost my birthday gift after a month.

I don't know why I checked the window sill again, but I did. My phone was sitting just on the outside of it with a dead battery. I'd charged it the day before and it usually could last a good four days on two bars of battery life. Needless to say, I was happy to have the phone back and left the house as soon as my mom came to pick me up.

Victoria's invited me over several more times... but I don't go there often.

Other hauntings by alex323

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alex323, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
Its best for you not to be invited into a haunted house belonging to a rich family (a complaining family).

Victoria's father didn't know that the house was haunted by a ghost that lives above the roof. So it is official that you don't go there...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
Great story! Wow! I would have been frightened beyond beleif, and I am sure I would not have slept in that room with the windows, I give you props for that.

I would love to hear the recording you obtained!

Thanks and God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
Wow Nice story there. I wonder if this spirit was here before or did he comee. The recording for sure must have been very scary.Wow.I hope you post it if its possible. II hope to hear from you soon and take care
fizzypulp (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
Great story,
though the ghost sounds threatening maybe he wanted you off the roof for your own safety?
Is the recording still on the phone - that would be the first thing I would have checked once my phone was charged up.
Please let us kow if you go back to your friends house and if anything else happens
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
Good story alex!

Yes, it would be great if you could just send it to the Researcher and see if he can somehow make it audible for the rest of us too.
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
I totally enjoyed your story. There are soo many stories on here that I suspect as fake and usually stop reading after the first paragraph. However thanks for sharing.
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
I would love to hear the voice memo from your phone. I record a lot with mine and I get more than a few EVP's. I 100% believe you. Don't be too scared, sounds like the voice was trying to get you off the roof and out of danger.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: