You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Midnight Demon

Real Ghost Stories

The Midnight Demon

 

This story is a little different from my other ones because it involves just me. May 2007, 2 Months after my first true love broke up with me, I hit a stage of depression that I didn't want to get out of (I don't know if that has any significance at all).

Disturbances and sightings increased; I would literally see outlines walking the street and feel temperature drops in heat waves. Even see faces in windows that no one else could see, but this is just the beginning of my story. I was so depressed sometimes I would see black in the darkness of night, if you know what I mean... Basically a space when it was dark out side that was darker than night.

These appeared in several places: the downstairs living room, my room, and my grandparents house. The entity's appeared through out May and June. Finally by June 8th, 2007, it came (the exact date stands out in my mind because it scared me so much).

I was asleep and I had this dream that something horrible was chasing me. I couldn't see what it was but it felt evil. It then grabbed me (in my dream) with a 5 fingered clawed hand. I WOKE UP (because I felt actual pain in my leg) to see the dark swirling shapeless mass swirling above my body. I quickly grabbed my crucifix from my side table my grandparents had bought at the Vatican. I recited the Lord's Prayer over and over and over. What ever it was screeched and screamed and let go of my leg and vanished.

I passed out again and woke up with 5 scratches on my leg. I still don't know where they came from but it scared me a lot. I went to my Minister to find out answers. She told me that her grandmother had seen something like that when her husband died. I was freaked out... Someone was going to die, I thought... Sure enough a few weeks later My grandma Watt died a week before her 101st birthday.

I ask anybody what do you think that thing was doing over my bed? And basically attacking me?

Other hauntings by Reaper666343

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Reaper666343, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

zuesofdodona (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-24)
I saw a man/bat thing like a black angel in my house and it flew away upon my seeing it. It was beside my dad after his heatt attack praying... I don't know why and it freaked me out,...thought I was crazy... Four years before this I saw and angel and experienced sleep apnea (very odd negative energy) and I felt more comfortable with the dark bat thing than the golden light angel thing.
The bible speaks of satan transforming into an angel of light. However upon seeing the bat angel, I felt peace and calm but maybe high and was not nor was I aspleep. I can still recall hearing it fly away. Strange.
I don't know how to explain it.
harrisonhess (6 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
sounds like freddy krueger. Well it sounds like it could be a depression dream. I don't understand your grandmothers death.
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Your minister should have prayed with you and/or helped bind the demonic entity. You should not give these things leeway to act as they please. That spirit does NOT have to torment you.
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
well yeah Shinigami's can't physically attack humans, and there is no way it was a Soul Reaper! And I think its the boy version of the Angel of Death, well that's what you said in my email message Reaper. 😐
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
I don't think "Death" - "Death Gods" would attack any human being, maybe it was just some other evil entity.
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
As I stated I know the Shinigami isn't evil I just want to know y it attacked or why people think it attacked me or if anyone else has another idea of what it is. Or was πŸ˜• 😊
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
I thought the Shinigami was the "God of Death" they are in no way evil. They are just the Japanese concept of "Death" (Grim Reaper)

As you know, Death isn't "evil" he is just doing his "job" Lol:P
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
yeah sure my e-mail is on my profile page E-mail me anytime 😊 I know quite a bit about eastern lore and history
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
Um can you give me your email so we can talk about this subject? I really know a lot about Shinigami, so Maybe I can help you. The Shinigami have big eyes right? My friend can see the dead and she's seen them before flying in the street! 😐
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
It says that Shinigami warn of death considering they are an omen of death... But they do not normally attack? I don't get what happened 😨
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
No the actual Shinigami's I did research and found that some people have seen them when in depression, I'm just surprised if it was indeed a shinigami that it would attack me.
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
Wait Reaper, do you mean the Shinigami from Death Note? Or the Shinigami from Bleach. I think Soul Society exist cause I hear Hollows scream and my friend can see them. 😐
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
but that doesn't explain why it was above me attacking me and leaving physical marks on me
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
KimsouthO,

Well, sometimes a demon/ghost will take over your body, and its easy for ghost/demons to take over your body if you have a weak body. The possesion can start with depression.

~Gejro
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
I was also thinking that the mass could have been a Shinigami the Japanese god of death... It just seems weird to me that my grandma died a week later.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
I do not think it matters if you are weak of body. When an individual experiences depression such as you have described, we become weak in our soul and mind. I have a belief that dark entities will search for any weakness to come in and take over.

I am glad that you were able to ward off what ever this thing wanted and was going to do.

Have you had any further experiences with this or other issues?

God Bless!
Amarra (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
Your story scares the crap out of me! That is something I hope I never experience. Over the last month I've been staying alone. Which never happens. Eventhough I've never had a night time experience, I pray every night for God's protection. That probably sounds silly, but I'm not used to staying by myselfand it terrifies me.

In your case, I would be willing to bet that the (evil) entity had less to do with an impending death and more to do with yor own depression.

As humans, we look for symbolism and patterns in everything. For example, I've always heard that deaths come in threes or sevens. However, one person may see 3 people die over the course of two years and think to himself "Yes, death really does come in threes", where another might think that is a ridiculous assumption. However, there is not set measure of time. So we make up our own patterns to cope with our world. Make any sense?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
I did like the story. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Fantomesarabeth (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
Well that's really mighty creepy. I know how you felt... Well kinda, I faced a lot of trauma in my life, most of it of my own creation, that pared with seeing yah know what we do can make you go out of your freaking mind
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
That is a terrible experience. I am sorry to hear that you were physically harmed. I hope there isn't anymore reoccurances. I'm sure it will be suggested again, but you need to have a priest or someone come and bless the home and do some type of exorcism on the house. If you don't like the idea of that, then all you can do is keep praying or get the crap out of there. As there could be more harm to come if you don't do anything about it. Just do the smart thing, and thanks for sharing.

Trent
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
I was told that it could be a warning sign for death of a loved one... Or relation... But it doesn't make sense because I barely knew my grandma and of all things she was a "Step - Relation".
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Answer to GhostGal: Well the Scratches were long and red and thick almost human finger think and spread in the way and hand would be, I do not have a weak body lol but I am spiritual... And I have seen a Ouija session but never used one my self. I am not depressed any more and I don't have the dreams anymore... What do you think the significance of my grandmother passing is with it?
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Do you have a weak body? Sometimes when someone is depressed is can be the cause of a demon/initity. Or when you are in a deep, deep depression it can make the demons/intities wish to follow you. Are you a spirutual person? Like, maybe read books done Ouija boards, anything like that? I'm betting you got attacked. But what were the scraches like? Like just little red lines running down your leg (I get that alot), or deep scratched like what claws or knives would do? Are you still in a depression? Do you still have horrible dreams? Do you feel like something is following you?
Yes, I know, a lot fo questions. But they're very important. I can only help/give you advice if I know more. Please keep us posted! GOD BLESS!

~Gejro❀
xoxoprincess16 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
i really don't know what it could be! That is really strange and EXTREMELY scary! Just to make you feel better sometimes I feel like something is grabbing me too... Choking me or something! Just so you know you arent alone and good luck! ❀

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: