You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Possible Ghost Attack?

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Ghost Attack?

 

Hey, I'm a bit freaked out about what's been happening at my boyfriend's place, and I'm really confused if my last experience was possibly just my imagination or an actual encounter with a spirit of some sort. First let me start off with a few things that I've heard about that has happened in the apartment building.

My boyfriend, Josh, has had quite a few experiences in his parent's apartment as well as in the building. I've heard from him and his friend Marcus about seeing a little girl bouncing a ball in the hallway of the 13th floor, only to throw the ball towards them and the ball and girl just disappear. Honestly, I'm kind of skeptical of this story just because of the typical "little girl bouncing ball" and 13th floor stuff.

Another occurrence happened to Josh's dad in the middle of the night. He woke up smelling sulfur. He opened his eyes to see fireworks going off in his room. By the way he described it; there were actual fireworks, smoke and all. When he closed his eyes and went under the covers, the sounds stopped and he opened his eyes again and everything was normal. A few other things have happened to various friends of ours in his apartment, but that's kind of irrelevant to my experiences so let me get on with the point.

This is how the room was arranged when the first three things happened:

Possible Ghost Attack 1

The first thing I ever saw in his room was a shadow-like figure standing by his little brother's toy chest. We were lying down in his bed talking about something, with his back against the wall and I was facing him, my back to the rest of the room. In the corner of my eye I see a figure. Since he has a little brother, and the height seemed just about right, my first assumption was that it was his brother. I looked over, at the same time Josh looked over, and there was nothing there. I would've thought that this was my mind and the darkness playing tricks on me, because the light was out. But, there was some light. The bathroom door is always open, and the light is always on, and he doesn't have a door to his room... He puts a sheet up, but it's thin enough so that you can see through it into the hallway.

This leads to the second thing I experienced there. We were watching TV in his room one night and I look towards the doorway because I see somebody behind the curtain. We both stare for a minute, and I thought that maybe his dad was trying to get in... Then one side of the sheet was tugged by the "person," and when it fell there was nothing there. Not his dad, not even the shadow. It was just empty hallway.

Another time, I was there but didn't see it myself. Josh doesn't sleep well (living there, I can't blame him), and he was watching TV one night when I was asleep. He saw a person walk into the bathroom, and he heard the water turn on. He waited for a little bit because if it was his dad, the bathroom door would have been closed. After a few minutes of waiting and watching the hallway, he got up and went to the bathroom, only to find out that the water was on and nothing was in there. I wish he would have woken me up for this, but he says he didn't because I get freaked out really easily. He used to practice black magic, and he said he quit a while ago.

On to the main point... Like I said, he quit practicing black magic, and on Saturday he said he blessed his room so I don't have anything to worry about. He changed his room around, by the way, and this is what it looks like now:

Possible Ghost Attack 2

Anyway, I decided to spend the night over at his house because it was raining and I didn't feel like driving home. Plus, he said that his room was safe, so I really wasn't worried. I remember exactly the time, because I was still freaked out despite his reassurances. I know that paranormal activity is more likely to happen around 3 am... I looked at my phone it read 2:48am. I told him to go to the kitchen and get some water before it turned to 3. I was teasing him just a little bit, making fun that his little spell wouldn't work. I guess that was a mistake on my part.

He went to get the water and we went to sleep. I was sleeping on the side of the bed close to the door, and I was facing the door. Josh was sleeping on the other side, facing my back. I had a really odd dream (which isn't relevant at all to anything paranormal) and I woke up. I was half-asleep, half-awake, I guess, and I opened my eyes and looked towards the doorway. Everything looked normal; the light from the bathroom was on, the curtain was up. I wasn't really looking for anything, just more of waking up and looking around like I usually do after weird dreams.

I closed my eyes again, and I got this really weird feeling that somebody just came into the room, so I open my eyes to look again. The instant I open my eyes, I feel an intense, pins-and-needles/slightly painful, electrifying feeling, and everything in the room is pitch black. It started at my toes, and it just washed upwards... It was really quick though, maybe in the matter of milliseconds. I had the feeling everywhere, but I know I could feel it surge up my body. I tried to move my feet first, and when I couldn't I tried to jump up, and I couldn't do that either. I tried to call out Josh's name, and nothing would come out. I couldn't talk, and then I tried to scream, and I couldn't do that. Then I noticed that I couldn't even breathe; it felt like something was on top of me, squeezing the air out of me and holding me down.

I was panicking, and after what felt like maybe 30 seconds I forced myself to calm down. I still don't know how I did it. As soon as I felt the feeling go away, it went as fast as it came, but this time down my body and "out" of my toes. I jumped up and started gasping for air. This woke up Josh, who jumped up and was ready to beat somebody up. After he realized that nothing was in the room, he asked what was wrong and eventually I told him. I feel like he didn't believe me; I don't even know if I believe it myself. I don't know if it was just a really real dream, or if it was paranormal.

Before this, Josh had had many experiences. It seems like where he goes weird things just happen. Most of my friends who hang out with him have at least one story of something creepy happening. Maybe it's because he practiced black magic? Or maybe it's because his best friend killed herself less than a month ago, and maybe she doesn't like me. He says that weird things stopped happening in his house, at least until I've been going there recently. He's not scared of spirits, and he's told me that if I'm scared then I'm more likely to be affected. Maybe that's why this happened to me, and not him?

I don't know. All I know is that I'm not going back there for a while.

If anybody has any feedback, it would be greatly appreciated...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, freckle0328, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
Hello freckle0328, I noticed right off that you said Josh was afraid of spirits, and yet he was practicing black magic? That's probably not the wisest choice. You have to invoke spirits in order to perform magic, so why do it if you're afraid of spirits? Of course you can't answer that, only Josh can.:)

Anyway, I agree with you that there's about a 50/50 chance of this being sleep paralysis. Because of all the strange activity going on there, I may go with another theory that I commonly share with people on here: it's possible that it's BOTH. Sleep paralysis AND a spiritual encounter. Think about it: when you experience sleep paralysis, you kind of panic and start getting scared. If I were a spirit and I wanted to manifest or creep someone out, I'd feed off of that fear as a powerful energy source to do what I wanted. Do you see what I mean?

Just a theory...

And lol, I couldn't help but laugh at what rapunzel1997 said too.:P If your concept of God is loving and understanding, why would there be negative consequences for asking for help in his name? Isn't it professing your belief in him? Isn't faith what your god asks for?

Warmest blessings,

DA
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
rapunzel1997,

"Say "DEPART IN THE NAME OF THE LORD THY DARKNESS CANNOT TOUCH ME!" it should work if you believe in the lord, if not there can be a negative outcome be careful,"

Lets just say I believe in the Trinity and that this statement caused me to raise an eyebrow. 'The Lord' as you refer to Him inn this statement would not mind being called on by a non-believer, it's too good of an opportunity to help someone who has lost their way and provide them a way back to the path... Asking 'HIM' for help never has a negative outcome. (Now twisting His words to fit your own cause, that's a different kettle O' fish. 😉)

Respectfully,

Rook
Theodrhelm (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
well...i have read about black magic, wicca and other kind of spellpratice. And from what I know
The only kind of magic that attracts this sort os spirits is the Ocultism, or so it has been called "modern satanism" being a pagan I don't believe in heaven nor hell, so I would give a shot of 50/50 of sleep paralysis, if it was actually a demon or a spirit it would attacked you again.
But what it really surprises me is that the spirit is only seeming to attract attention, turning the lights on, shadows and etc... And I think there's another shot of 50/50 of being a spirit that wants to be uh...released.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
Wonder why the title is in question form?
No question about it!
The diagrams are a good idea.
A very authentic story.
Mshallcross (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
some people only see the picture code... But I see the picture... I don't know
freckle0328 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Well, I looked up sleep paralysis and I think it's a 50/50 chance of that being the actual problem. It's never happened to me before, and maybe I set myself up for it. After all, I was sleep deprived. It all happened so quickly, though. Josh and I fell asleep fairly quickly,... After the "attack" we couldn't sleep for a while, and his clock read 3:18 am. It felt like I was sleeping for hours before it happened!

But I stand firm in beleiving that something is there, as well. I went to his apartment again (this time during the daytime), and his mom was in Josh's room watching tv... She told me she saw somebody the day before open the front door and walk down the hall into the bathroom. When she went to see who it was, the bathroom door was open and nobody was in there, or in his room.

Also, she asked me if I had put up a crucifix on his wall. It was too high up for me to reach (I'm barely 5 feet tall), and Josh doesn't own a crucifix, bible, or anything of the sort, in fact. It's a really small one, maybe about the length of a pinky finger... I asked Josh to pull it off the wall for me, and I looked it over. There was nothing holding it to the wall. I tried to put it back in the same place we took it down, but it wouldn't stay, so I know it's not a magnet.
Anyway, we figured it was stupid of us to take it off the wall in the first place because we couldn't get it back up. We ended up sticking a pin through the top (there is a hole at the very top).

Also, after that particular night, Josh got sick...

Maybe everything is just coincidental, but I'll consider all options.

Thanks for the feedback!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
I have to agree with Frawin. There are so many ways to explain everything. You realy have to think things over. But if you do eliminate all natural things then there maybe something in that building. And honestly I think there might be something there. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from youy soon and take care
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
"DEPART IN THE NAME OF THE LORD THY DARKNESS CANNOT TOUCH ME!" <-- Sorry but I can't help but laugh at that.

I just pictured the ghost or whatever it is just staring blankly at her and going... "are you serious?!" and then laughing (not evil laugh, but something really hilarious laugh)

Sorry LOL! But yeah, like everyone said, it could have been sleep paralysis. As for the other things, it could be a spirit. Possibly not harmful.
rapunzel1997 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
Do not be alarmed. And do not listen to them! It is a ghost, The history of those thigns happening try hiding a bible under your pillow. I am also from Virgina! When the spirit comes out hold out the bible. Say "DEPART IN THE NAME OF THE LORD THY DARKNESS CANNOT TOUCH ME!" it should work if you believe in the lord, if not there can be a negative outcome be careful, Ann 😊
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
I directly published the pictures for those interested in looking at them. I think I got the order right...
esha (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
hey I see that you tried to put pictures up but used the wrong code try the html code next time...
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
Hello freckle. I'm not saying it is or isn't but what you describe sounds a lot like sleep paralysis. I use to have them quite often and until you realize what they are and what causes them, they are very frightening indeed. Another thing to consider is a "waking dream", for all practical purposes you are awake-you are aware of your surroundings but your mind slips into a momentary dream. Or you could have been attacked by a ghost.
All I'm saying is that given the history of the place, your boyfriend's previous history and all the stories you've heard - you may have set yourself up for it to happen. If I were you I would rule out any paranormal explanation until you have eliminated all the natural causes.
Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
Hello Freckle. Have you ever heard the old adage that we create our own luck? Well, there is a lot of truth to that. Thinking positive thoughts and treating others with respect makes for a lot of positive energy and generally good things to happen in one's life. If one dwells too much on the negative aspects of life the opposite is true and a lot of bad things can happen, I'm sure we all know people who exemplify both of these extremes in our lives. To willingly go even further past the mundane negative (pessimism, depression, bad attitude, etc.), to explore the depths of actual malice by practicing black magic, invites hordes of lasting problems (of a supernatural nature) into one's life. The reason strange things happen around Josh is because he probably has unwittingly invited one or more powerful and dark entity (s) to be a part of his life. Although he says that he no longer practices black magic, the damage may already be done. If you choose to continue to associate with him, what is following him will most likely come to taint your life in time as well. Choose your friends wisely, and use even more discretion choosing those with whom you become (and stay) romantically involved with. These choices have real consequences, both good and bad depending on how you choose. If you choose to stay with Josh, you might want to read up on some of the stories people have posted out on the internet of the bad things that have happened to them after using a Ouija board. I would expect more of that type of negative stuff in my life if I were with a current or past practitioner of black magic. Ouija boards aren't even as bad as black magic, but they are more common and there is more first hand experiences published on the internet about them than first hand black magic experiences. Moving can help, but even that might not be enough, it depends on what has answered the invitation (s) to be a part of Josh's life. Good luck.
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
Hi. Interesting story. I'm not trying to shoot down your claim; just provide you with alternative possibilities. There is such thing as sleep paralysis which can cause symptoms such as the ones you described. If you don't already know about it this is one possibility. Another; (and I hesitate from mentioning it because it may come across as an implication of stupidity; trust me, its not, but the possibility stems from the wording of your story) is it possible you just got a cramp? I have had some crazy one's while I have been sleeping that have been quite terrifying and disorienting.

Its some food for thought at any rate. I would personally suggest discouraging your boyfriend from blessing things; I have had extensive debate with firm Christians who believe strongly that blessings merely piss spirits off, especially when practiced improperly. Its debated but it is one perspective.

Thanks for sharing and look after yourself.
freckle0328 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
Just a note:

I switched the pictures on accident. The first picture is the second room arrangement, and the second picture is the first room arrangement.

Sorry! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: